Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — They / Them Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/23 01:06:16 )
Hi everyone! It's nice to meet you! You can call me Vaude!
I came across this site and it looked so fun! so I thought I'd check it out and with poking around in the different threads, it seems like my kind of site! I have definitely been looking for something like this to fill my time!

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/23 01:20:28 )
ˑؘ ۪۪۫۫Formerly known as ChiffonOrange ۪۪۫۫ ؘ

Hey there, welcome to Voltra. ヾ( ´・ω・`)

Artist Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/23 05:52:37 )
@vaudevillain: welcome to Voltra! :3 if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask~

Voltie — They / Them Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/23 06:31:51 )
@Ruby: Thank you very much!

Donator — she/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/23 18:46:45 )

@vaudevillain: Welcome to Voltra! ^^

I love your avatar! The color scheme is so appealing. :3

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Voltie — They / Them Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/23 22:45:19 )
@Hydrangea: Thank you very much! I love your character!
Deminds me of like some kinda elf, alien deer

@Ark: Thank you thank you! Purples, blues and pinks are normally what I wear almost everyday anyway so I just thought of making myself as an avi

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/24 00:48:18 )

@vaudevillain: You're welcome and thanks

And your avatar looks cool. ^^ Reminds me of a musician of some kind (maybe rock, etc?)

Voltie — They / Them Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/24 01:39:15 )
@Hydrangea: no problem! and thank you as well! I low key honestly wanna be some kinda guitar player, I put all that energy I get that vibe for into one of my characters, don't own a guitar but I wanna get one at some point!

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/24 11:41:59 )

@vaudevillain: You're welcome. And I see, wish you lots of good luck *inserts a virtual four-leaf clover*

Voltie — They / Them Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/24 20:26:57 )
@Hydrangea: thank you for the good luck wishes!

Donator — She/Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/25 00:44:11 )
@vaudevillain: To continue our conversation in comments (that way you can earn volts for your posts!)...

That's awesome that you've been to so many conventions. :) I've mostly been to anime ones, plus one for tattoos, but I'd like to go to more of those. My guy wants to take me to EVO in Vegas one day, but I have a feeling I'd get bored out of my skull after a while since I'm not much for gaming anymore.

As for anime series, I've been meaning to watch Chainsaw Man since I hear it's so good. I like a lot of different series from older to new. If you asked me to pick one single series to be my favorite, I'd say it's impossible. Currently watching Attack on Titan as I type this, which I know has been around for a while, but it took me forever to start since honestly the first episode traumatized me years ago, but it's better now.

For cosplay, I've done it a few times, but would like to do more. My most recent cosplay was Juuzou Suzuya from Tokyo Ghoul. I'd love to do a genderbent Kamina from Gurren Lagaan someday. I've also done Chihiro from Spirited Away and Izumi Curtis AKA "Teacher" from Fullmetal Alchemist/FMA: Brotherhood.

Voltie — They / Them Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/25 01:52:16 )
@Aisukohi: oh thank you!

Lately I've been really into the anime 'The Vampire dies in no time' it's a comedy one and it's super funny

Also Ronaldos look kinda reminds me of Dante from DMC so I like to pretend it's Dante haha

I've done stuff like make my own costumes and armor from craft foam. When I worked at Michaels it was heaven for that discount when it came to making cosplay stuff. I havent finished AOT yet, I've only seen the 1st season but Ive also heard same from Chainsaw man, they take it in a different direction than the manga so I'm currently picking up the manga to see if its true.

As for characters I've done various characters from a lot of fandoms but to name a few Ive done people from: BNA, Tokyo Ghoul, Candy Candy, Ace Venturea, DMC, Nekopara, Dramitacal Murder, Homestuck/Hiveswap, Undertale/Deltarune, One Piece, Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Panty and stocking, devilman crybaby and lots more.

Donator — She/Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/27 02:12:38 )
@vaudevillain: You're welcome!

Haven't heard of 'The Vampire Dies in No Time' but I'll keep it in mind if I want something funny to watch.

I don't read much manga, but I sometimes look for it if I'm inpatient to wait for new anime episodes. I did it when Naruto was still running lol. That's good to know that Chainsaw Man takes a different direction in the anime from the manga. I just finished the first season of AOT and barely started the second season.

I've been curious about BNA, so might give that a try. Ace Ventura movies were great, so I'd have loved to see your cosplays. xD Who did you cosplay from Tokyo Ghoul and Gurren Lagann? Devilman Crybaby is another series I was interested in trying, as well as Panty and Stocking. I've got so many series to try, it's not even funny. One time I was trying to keep up with series both watched and want-to-watch on a site, I think it was called hummingbird.me? or something?? But I got overwhelmed trying to track it all that I just gave up and forgot my login info altogether lol.

As for cosplay, I don't have much experience with homemade cosplay. When I did Izumi Curtis from FMA, I bought a lab coat and altered it to look more like hers, and altered some sandals as well. If I had the time and space, I wouldn't mind learning how to sew with a sewing machine. I'm decent sewing by hand, but obviously that takes time too. I'd like to eventually make Juuzou's scythe from Tokyo Ghoul since the version cosplayed as mainly uses his scythe, but might make a jacket later with his knives. That'll be tricky getting through prop check though. xD

Donator — she/they/him Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/27 02:16:28 )

welcome
c:

Voltie — They / Them Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/29 02:05:59 )
@Aisukohi: From Tokoyo Ghoul I've done Rize Kamishiro, Hideyoshi Nagachika, Juuzou Suzuya, Hinami Fueguchi, Nashiro Yasuhisa, Kurona Yasuhisa,
Roma Hoito and Koori Ui.

From Gurren Lagann I've done, Yoko, Nia Teppelin, Darry Adai, Kiyoh Bachika, Kinon Bachika & Iraak Coega.

BNA is great! I'm glad with the way that they're taking Himiko Toga in, I love the Villain side of BNA, Hawks though is my favorite Hero!
Also the way they're taking Deku is great too.

Yeah, I've heard that in the second part of Chainsaw man that is going into the manga, Denji doesn't feel like Denji and its like all he went through in the beginning was for nothing. So I'm not sure what the Chainsaw man guy is doing/going in a different direction. But I still enjoy it to be honest!

As long as it's not like the way they took Soul Eater. I love Soul Eater but the last 6 or so episodes in the anime take a completely different turn from the manga.

I'll have to try and find some old pictures if I can

Also I'd love to relearn how to sew, I like to do embroidery, knitting and crocheting but as for sewing stuff for cosplays it's been a good hot minute and i've always usually had someone elses' help who was a little more experienced than me.

@Justice: Thank you! Thank you!
How about you too justice? Have you cosplayed anyone or what kind of anime/mangas are you currently watching/reading?

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/31 17:17:23 )
@vaudevillain: Sorry if this is late, but welcome!

Donator — she/they/him Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/1 01:12:25 )

@vaudevillain:
i cosplayed as Miltank last year
and this year im working on a
resident evil 4 merchant cosplay~
c:
and well i have to finish AOT
and my friend thats into anie
has been showing me some
random animes lol~

Voltie — They / Them Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/1 23:51:08 )
@Super: You're totally fine! thanks for the welcome!

@Justice: Awe! cute! Miltank is super fun! I think the first Pokémon I ever cosplayed (when I was a kid) besides pikachu was slowpoke

Then when I was in middle school I got really into cosplaying all eeveelutions!

Oh yes! resident evil 4 merchant man is my catnip, his laugh was my message tone for the longest time haha

and fun fun! what kind of other animes are they showing you? I'm curious to see what they've recommended

Donator — she/they/him Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/2 01:11:14 )

@vaudevillain:
aw slowpoke hehe
andd lmao!
his laugh is so funny
im practicing his voice and lines so
i can go to every vendor booth and say
"whatre you selling?"
lmao
and one piece, one like muscle fighting one i forget the name maybe baku something?
im more into like weird horror animes like parasyte~

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/3 03:14:59 )
@vaudevillain: Oooh, I'd love to see your cosplays if you're comfortable enough to share! All those characters sound great! I'd love to cosplay Nia from Gurren Lagaan, but I have a feeling her hair would be the trickiest part because of the coloring. She's one of my favorite characters from that series, but Kamina will always be my #1. <333 His character got me through some rough times, which is weird to say, but I told his voice actor that when I saw him at a con once.

Somehow I thought you meant a different series when you said BNA--I'm so used to seeing it abbreviated BNHA, but I totes know what you're talking about now as it's once of my favorite more recent series lol. Bakugo is my favorite character from that series. As for villains, Dabi was always my favorite, even before the big reveal in the latest season (I haven't read any of the manga, so was just as surprised as anyone else). The big reveal made me love him more, honestly. Also I love how they're doing Toga's involvement too, and my heart died a little with her in that arc.

I loved watching Soul Eater, but again, don't really read manga, so I wouldn't have known the differences lol.

Guess I'll list off series I've watched/completed and loved so far off the top of my head, in no particular order...Inuyasha, Demon Slayer, Gurren Lagaan, Tokyo Revengers, Tokyo Ghoul, Dr. Stone, Food Wars, School Rumble, Fruits Basket, Death Note (honestly didn't care for that series for lots of reasons, but figured I'd say I watched it), Naruto, Naruto: Shippuden, Hunter x Hunter, Fairy Tail (still watching it), Cowboy Bebop, Princess Jellyfish, The Wallflower, Ouran High School Host Club, Komi Can't Communicate, Aggretsuko, Cyberpunk, Blood+, Blue Period, Darker Than Black...honestly I know I'm forgetting lots of series, but off the top of my head, those are the ones I've watched.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.