Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat December Discussion

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 13:55:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Wow - you've been a busy bee this week! But I understand what you mean about one-off too... you have been busy, but most of the responsibility and details concerning the stuff you did hasn't been directly on your shoulders...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 13:57:34 )
@Lotus: Yes... I sometimes think that somebody just needs to kidnap me and drop me in a well-stocked cabin in the woods somewhere (without transportation) for a week month so I can get that break :3 I'm gonna try, though... <3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 14:03:00 )
@Wildfire: Provided there would also be cellphone reception and wifi (just in case), I'd accept an offer like that. T_T

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 14:06:27 )
@Lotus: Right? Exactly. I wouldn't want TV though, or a computer. A phone for emergencies, art supplies, food ... I'd be quite content that way for a while...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 14:45:17 )
@Wildfire: All types of mediums for art supplies would be nice, the landscape you get would be good inspiration. n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 14:51:44 )
@Lotus: exactly. And no distractions. Nobody needing me for anything... XD

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 17:31:01 )

@Wildfire: I did have to do some stuff for the citizenship even though it wasn't for me because the way that my husband got into this country was through marriage not like work or other family. ^^; And as for the house it's been a long time coming. We put it up for sale in June and the person buying it put in the offer in Sept and it's a VA loan. So there was a few more things to do and she barely put any earnest money down. But still much easier than buying.
Also when we signed the papers they forgot to ask as for the one key to the house we still have. So we have to go to the house and put it in the deposit box. Ugh

And I should still working on gifts for people. A lot of the gifts have been bought but they have to be shipped to the UK. And wrapped first cause they are for kids.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 20:24:36 )
@Totalanimefan: Well, I'm glad it wasn't too too much for you to do... but it does sound a little complicated on both counts :3

Good luck wrapping and shipping! Time is about running out for that at this point isn't it??

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 23:07:17 )

@Wildfire: I'm going to the house to return the keys with my husband once he gets off work.

Thanks. I feel like I need it. We have two little nephews in the UK so we try to get something special for them, but there is also their parents and of course my husband's parents. Then my family who doesn't live near here either, but at least it's not all the way to the UK. How's your holiday gifting coming together?

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 00:08:35 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Lotus: Yeah, it's a tradition from her mother, who is passed away now, so she makes sure to continue it.
There was one year that our oven was on the fritz, and she ended up bursting into tears because she was afraid we couldn't do it.
We got a temporary countertop oven and made it work somehow though.

We make so much that we end up having enough leftovers for multiple meals over about three days afterwords.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 07:13:13 )
I look forward to seeing all the Christmas stuff the town I moved to has to offer. I love seeing all the Christmas lights and I'm definitely looking forward to the Christmas food from my country. It'll be the first time I make it all by myself with my boyfriend's help. It's been fun to see snow this winter, it's my first time seeing it since I come from a place where there is absolutely no snow haha. One thing I'll definitely miss though is.. spending Christmas with mom and my family though. :( Wish I could teleport!

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 07:18:22 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Sumire: Hope your town has some of the people that are go hard on their lights and decorations.
There is a house I pass by whenever we go out shopping. They go hard on just about every holiday they can.
Makes me wonder where the heck they store it all. They must have a killer organizational system.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 07:50:44 )
@Rallaa: I wish they were! They have some cute decorations, but nothing hardcore. I did go to Utah not long ago tho, and I did see some cool houses and even went to an amazing Christmas Village.
My town does seem to have some Christmas events so hopefully I can get some of that Christmas magic somehow.

I do wish I could go all out as well, but I live in a small apartment and tbh, even I wonder how I’d store all those decorations if we got them all. It’s been hard to even fit a smaller Christmas tree given the amount of space. Heh.

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 07:57:59 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Sumire: If you don't mind climbing into bed, you could make or get a lofted bed frame and use the underneath area as storage.
With some good packing, you could probably store quite a lot of all kinds of things.

Art by kiwi

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 11:18:58 )

Mostly, for December, I'm looking forward to the family get together on Christmas. So, Christmas, lol. I don't have much else going on right now to be honest!
Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 13:41:10 )
@Totalanimefan: so at least one thing will be off your list entirely, right?
Yeah, I think it's about time to get things shipped if they're going to make it before Christmas... it's only ~2 weeks away at this point!! (omg how did that happen?!! XD )

My shopping is about done. I did most of it just after Thanksgiving (Black Friday and that weekend). Fortunately I have a pretty short list and no shipping to contend with ...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 15:37:23 )
@Rallaa: Ah yea, I can see how that would be something to continue and make her emotional, bless her. It's amazing what countertop ovens can do. Leftover lasagne is always nice. I hope you both have a great holiday season. <3 n_n
@Sumire: The lights are one aspect I love about Christmas as well. *_* I hope the food you make brings you comfort with the cold snow outside, maybe call your mom and family to wish them a happy holiday or send them a card while there is still time.
@CooperationIsKey: Christmas is still something to look forwards to. How have you been Key? It's great to hear from you. <3 n_n

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 17:34:19 )

@Wildfire: I know what the heck. I'm putting a deadline on myself. I have to have them out and shipped by Monday haha
Officially the sale of the house is happening today.

Good that yours is finished. My shopping was also done around then, but it's just the wrapping and shipping haha

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 19:37:42 )
@Totalanimefan: quit procrastinating!! Get it done, and get 'em out! <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 19:56:55 )

@Wildfire: It feels wrong to wrap the gifts for his side of the family without him (my husband) and I guess I should. First though is a haircut. I have had one since my birthday....last year XD (2021). I'm not one that gets haircuts often, normally just once or twice a year even pre-2020.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.