Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 Last Minute Hangout

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:44:11 )
Welcome to my last minute event hangout. Come on in and chat to gather up confetti.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:47:11 )
@Rei Ann: Very last minute indeed, well then, hello! How are you doing Rei Ann? n_n

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:50:16 )
@Lotus: True, but there still time, lol. I'm doing alright. How are you?

I've been spending way to much time playing the new update in a Disney Dreamlight Valley game.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:53:53 )
@Rei Ann: I am doing good, having a lot of free days lately. Took some time off lately and need to get back to work soon.

Heard that game is amazing from some close friends. I have also managed to avoid spoilers for a long time. >_<

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/24 23:57:45 )
@Lotus: It's a very fun amazing game, and if you can budget for it or eventually get it, I recommend it.

Ugh going back to work, sounds not fun, unless you enjoy work.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:00:53 )
@Rei Ann: I’m not exactly sure what it’s like, I’ve heard a mix of Stardew with Animal Crossing and Disney. If that’s the case? I need it. *_*

As for work, I make my own hours and do something that is enjoyable thankfully. Added benefit is being able to stay home.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:05:30 )
@Lotus: That's the best way to describe it. I would say more like Disney animal crossing, and less like stardew valley. I will say I do feel like there is way more crafting options than there was in Animal Crossing. I got bored of new horizons too early, unlike new leaf.

Oh that def sounds super beneficially, plus you get to make your own hours right? You get to be your own boss a bit?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:20:02 )
@Rei Ann: I agree with you on finding New Horizons a touch boring. I was also given a lot of things when I started out and so I have been contemplating starting my island over in the new year and build it up without help.

If I need other fruits, I can pester my s/o and friends who also play still. My New Leaf save I haven’t touched in a year and it feels very restrictive as New Leaf allows you to place things wherever you choose without plot resetting.

As for making my hours, yes and no. I have to be my own boss. I admit, it’s nice to not have structure or being told what to do or how to do something. n_n’

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:22:48 )
@Lotus: Well there a lot of features I liked in New Leaf, and I feel like once you have your town in Horizons set the way you want, there is like nothing to do afterwards. I also felt like there was more items sets and customization in new leaf, I know Horizons let us place anything wherever and teraform, but I kinda hated that. I'm not good at the kind of design. But I just am ready for the new animal crossing, since they said they are done with Horizons.

Sounds like it has it perks for sure. Sometimes I wish I could be my own boss, but paralegal work doesn't lend to that sort of job.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:28:13 )
@Rei Ann: One thing I miss more than anything else is how villagers would eventually move out on their own. I know many people wished that wasn’t a feature and got that with NH, whereas NL, you had to talk to them more to build their trust.

As for NL, I suppose I never got to fully enjoy it for what it was due to someone running on my island, ruining my flowers (or stealing them) along with the terrain looked so worn out.

Both are great games in the franchise and yes, I heard they were done after releasing the latest DLC and it almost felt so empty for how soon after they released it. I also miss the island mini-games that were in NL. Now I am feeling nostalgic and sad. T_T

As for your job, I can definitely see how that would be a problem if you were your own boss, not to mention privacy laws depending on where you live and whatnot. n_n’

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:36:42 )
@Lotus: Right, it's like kinda of nice to keep whom you want, but at the same time I liked how the town would change up, more like real life.

It was so strange, that it's like here a DLC, okay bye. I'm like wait we waited how many years and that's it. You didn't even add mini games to play in online mode. Come back here. So I wonder sometimes want Nintendo is thinking.

Then again I'm like okay time for a switch pro or something, the console is way outdated.

Well more like the laws, that say a paralegal isn't a lawyer, which are good laws, so like all the work I do, only workes because I work for attorneys. lol.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:44:10 )
@Rei Ann: That’s exactly how I feel as well and I noticed that as well. I feel like there is more to come and they just may be maximizing the amount of sales they can get. +_+

Hey, if it pays the bills? Great. I hope you’re treated fair at your job, it doesn’t sound easy. I was always told I would be a great judge growing up as I like justice, hearing every perspective, and what not.

I just don’t think I would feel comfortable sending someone off to jail or in worst cases have someone killed if they didn’t do something wrong (depending on location as I’ve moved a bit in my life).

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:48:21 )
@Lotus: I actually would love to be a judge. But I want to work in like the court the handles contract cases, or like disputes like that. I would hate having to do criminals cases, or like FC/Eviction cases. It was the show Judging Amy that made me want to be a Judge, but well I would HATE law school. So unless I mange to get a judgeship without being a lawyer, and I think that comes to running for office, and hardpass on running for an office here.

It depends on the job, like any job, it comes down to the kind of boss or management you have.

Right? Like give me more fun contact, like just give us more. Like don't have an online system, and have it suck so bad.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 00:55:51 )
@Rei Ann: Criminal cases I can imagine would be the hardest to handle psychologically. Law school seems like it would be stressful. I didn’t even think about running for office. xD Count me out.

Give us our mini-games too that we had on NL (example of Desert Island Escape, I played that for hours). *_* I am glad that they did make it harder for someone to take your things. I was hoping they would make the Observatory for Celeste again, alas, they did not and I was upset for her. It’s what she deserves. T_T

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 01:03:16 )
@Lotus: My old co-worker/boss's son, is like in law school. He'll stop by every so often to ask or see his dad, and he always looked to frazzeled and over worked. He legit isn't working during school time it's that tough, and I just don't have the ability to not work.

Right, like there were things I had so hoped would come back. I needed more for the museum. The co-op with harvey was good, but like I did like my lost and found police station friends. Or like the fariytale style house customization.

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 07:55:06 )
Well a last minute Handout is better than no hangout though. I got the only item i wanted from this Event already
+Pls ping me+
Nothing Fancy to see here!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 16:07:32 )

I love last min hangouts. I do think we have another week to earn event currency.
I enjoyed chatting with you last night. It was nice to catch up. ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 20:04:57 )
@Rei Ann: That would be concerning for sure, I tend to not know when to take breaks from something I am doing, I can only imagine how much stress it would put on a person as well to have something done by or before a deadline.

Copper and Booker were great in the franchise, was surprised they didn't introduce them for NH. As for the museum in NH, I find it very relaxing and if they were to ever make a newer Animal Crossing game, I would like to see a mixture of all the games combined. I miss being a mayor on my island, but, I don't miss Isabelle telling me something can't go where I want it. If I am mayor, let me place the Public Works Project where I want it. n_n'

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/25 23:44:09 )
@Totalanimefan: It was great to catch up. I had to poof last night to sleep, but I'm back today. Not just a one day visit. I need thousands of confetti, so I am on my mission.

@Lotus: Right? Like I can see how stressed he is when he comes to visit, I would like die. I'm already a giant ball of stress.

Right I would like them back and to be a mayor. I am excited for the future possibilities. I don't seem them getting rid of the openness that Horizons had.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/26 16:33:47 )

@Rei Ann: I'm also on a mission to get more lol. Posting in the threads in the event forum is your best bet, and if it's slow you can do some puzzles.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.