Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 Anniversary Gift from the Guardians || Rates LOCKED-IN

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 22:05:12 )

@CooperationIsKey: Yeah once you get the workout in you are good XD

@sunny: Yeah it is when I read the emails but then I think I won't get a job feeling sorry for myself.

@star2000shadow: Ok see you soon

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 22:27:41 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d’espoir | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo | Dazzling Sun | Mesmerizing Moon | Deadly Darling | Reaper of Space

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: You bet 'rubs face' and yay, only three more items to get and I has a full set 'blinks'. thank you all for talking with me and helping me get so far 'hugs everyone' <:3( )~~

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 22:31:12 )
    @Totalanimefan: exactly, you’re being very proactive!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 22:36:16 )
    @Totalanimefan: Ehh, I'm in the same boat as you with the job hunt.
    I'm overqualified in education and under-qualified in experience so I'm a pariah. Plus, the places around here just don't seem to want to pay more than poverty wages to get your foot in the door so I'm stuck. I think a few places knew I'm waiting on results of the exam, too, so it's just a real pile of [quick break with a sponsor].

How about yourself?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 22:53:04 )

@star2000shadow: It's no problem. I enjoy talking to you and we can both earn currency together.

@sunny: I think that us chatting about it must have told the universe cause a recruiter called me! (And they were a good, professional one lol). They are going to put my resume in front of a company that I know and if I get the position it's a contract for a whole year. :)

@blue: Oh jezz you are in the same boat as me. I'm like I have 1.5-2 years of me doing this one role I'm after, but I've also been working in an office setting since 2016 (Although most was front desk and they don't want to count that). I had a recruiter tell me last week that I was asking for too much when I said $28 an hour min for a Contract Manager job in DC (and with a B.S.). She was like where did you get that number? We have front desk temp jobs for $17 an hour. And I was like lol no. Plus I don't want to work the front desk anymore. AND I got that number cause of 2020 wage I was paid before getting my degree and before inflation. I'm not working for nothing. Oh and she called me an hour late, she was just rude rude rude.
Are you finding it hard to get general counsel jobs or are you trying for something else?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 22:53:30 )

@Q t e a p o n: Were you on vacation last week? Or was it for Canadian Thanksgiving?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 22:56:58 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d&rsquo;espoir | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo | Dazzling Sun | Mesmerizing Moon | Deadly Darling | Reaper of Space

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: this is true 'nods' I'm trying to think of a witch outfit but we don't have enough dresses in a style I want 'sigh' ah well. <:3( )~~

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 22:58:21 )
    @Totalanimefan: wow! That’s awesome, I really hope you get it! The universe provides lol.

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 23:24:04 )

owo

Don't know how to use/read tone tags?
Go Here!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 23:24:06 )

@sunny: Thank you! I'm not really sure of the timeline and next steps, but I'm sure it will work out. I really hope it's not a 7am start though haha (That is if I get the job and pass the interview process).

@star2000shadow: That would be a cute theme. I'm not sure what you could use, maybe the Queen of Hearts?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 23:25:14 )
    @Totalanimefan: 7am is difficult lol but maybe you’d get used to it? Getting up super early reminds me of being in school lol. I used to get up at like 5:30 lol.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 23:40:08 )
    @Totalanimefan: Oh yeah, that sounds exactly like what I'm running into. It's so weird that employers are enamored with this $17-an-hour number and then act bewildered in the same breath when their employees have no qualms about not showing up or not doing the work. My own partner chastised me for asking for "too much" and it honestly made me pretty angry that he would compare me to his employees and the expectations there.

I'm not having any luck with unlicensed associate positions, so I thought I'd try for paralegals. I get that they pay much less, but I expected at least a livable wage. My friend is having trouble finding work, too, and one interviewer told her 'we chose a candidate with ten years of experience instead, k thx.' This was for a paralegal position. At this point, I'm applying for anything in earshot because firms want you to be in good standing (which I don't have yet). I even applied for immigration and family law positions. //makes a 'blech' sound. I am just sending out a resume to anything now.

At least, though, you should be paid more than you made at your last job. Let's face it, the "benefits" of just about any company these days wouldn't warrant anything less.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/18 23:56:47 )

@sunny: Yeah my school started at 7:30. I looked up the place and I think it would start at 8am. I can't not for sure until the interview lol.
I don't mind waking up early, but it does suck in the winter and we are getting into winter. Also my husband is a night owl so sometimes it's kinda tough for me to go to bed early. ^^; What time do you like to go to bed and get up?

@blue: Wow I'm sorry that even your partner fell for those lies. I don't know if you saw what I wrote to sunny in the last post, but a recruiter just called me and is going to put my name in for a Contract Manager position at well, well above $17 or even $25 an hour. It's full time and for one year.
Ew those ones suck cause you deal with the crazies lol. When will you be licensed? I don't know how long it takes. I guess paralegal is the only thing you can do for now but like what the heck, you didn't go through all this school, and studying and exams just to not be able to find anything T_T
Yeah really. Why would I take less money than what I was making in 2020? Inflation is 10% right, so I should make at least that much now. Now to mention more schooling and more exp. Maybe you could try temping? I did it for years. (but make sure it's an agency that will treat you well)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 00:02:55 )
    @Totalanimefan: I go to bed and wake up different times every day lol I am lawless xD I really should have a routine but it’s hard :(

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 00:43:56 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d&rsquo;espoir | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo | Dazzling Sun | Mesmerizing Moon | Deadly Darling | Reaper of Space

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Totalanimefan:

@sunny: Thank you! I'm not really sure of the timeline and next steps, but I'm sure it will work out. I really hope it's not a 7am start though haha (That is if I get the job and pass the interview process).

@star2000shadow: That would be a cute theme. I'm not sure what you could use, maybe the Queen of Hearts?

You know..I forgot all about that 'wanders off' <:3( )~~

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 00:46:24 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Totalanimefan: Whaa! thanks :^D
You look absolutly ready for halloween, i love it!

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 02:23:47 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ Hmm.. I'm still thinking of avi looks. guess I'll fiddle until i find something I like haha. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 02:54:45 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Q t e a p o n: Kinda I'm trying for a witch, but I don't have the items i need to make it work or at least the version in mah head anyways. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 04:38:52 )

well its fun to fiddle with avatars , so it's okay ^^

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — she/they/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/19 04:41:57 )

cool idea
c:

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.