Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Do you have a morning/evening ritual?

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 08:35:48 )
I'm a morning person. I'm happiest when I'm able to wake up early and spend plenty of time awake during daylight hours--otherwise I get depressed. My favorite part of the morning is waking up, making a cup of chai tea, and chatting with friends on my phone. (I usually eat breakfast right after.)

How about you? Is there something you like to do every day in the morning or at night?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 09:39:49 )
Ama's mornings (some times afternoon) rituals/routine is: Start to make coffee for my mom and I, feed kitty cats, check Voltra and Solia, get finished coffee and then plan out my day.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 09:44:03 )
@another movie addict: Aaah, that sounds awesome! It's definitely super chill when you get into a routine like that. Plus, caffeine in the morning is so great, LOL.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 09:48:46 )
@superbearwars: Coffee in the morning makes the rest of my day possible.

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 17:50:23 )
In the morning:
-make tea/coffee for myself and my mother
-read up on the news on facebook
-walk the dogs
-read up on the news on news apps
-check Voltra

In the evening, after dinner, I:
-feed the cat
-feed the dogs
-make the chickens go back to their hen house
-watch some tv
-let the dogs out in the garden around 8 pm
-watch a few series/a movie

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 21:54:51 )
Usually wake up and go wake up my birds, play on my phone and then go work out as I'm also a morning person and best motivated when i wake up and then eat breakfast. Usually oatmeal, but on weekends i and occasionally on weekday i will try for other things .

At night go put my birds to sleep and then lie in bed and go to sleep

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 00:48:28 )
@Burntcicle:
@Tuijp:
That all sounds lovely! Great ways to greet the day and to settle down at night. I love that interacting with your pets is part of it, too--I forgot to mention that my pupper usually greets me at some point during the morning, which is a lovely way to wake up.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 05:12:09 )
@Alexia: Haha, yeah, mornings are definitely not for everyone xD

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 06:31:53 )
i dont have much of a routine.
but when i wake up, my bf and i roll over and i usually end up bein big spoon for a while
and we get up and eat bagels together and shower.
but other than that..i dont have much of a routine.

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 08:04:24 )
I should also mention as part of morning is boyfriends cat bugs me until i give him food ><

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 08:13:28 )
@pixiebuns:
Aw, that sounds delightful <3

@Burntcicle:
XD Haha, hungry kitty! That sounds less relaxing/soothing, but at least the cat gets fed.

Donator — she, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:13:46 )
I am starting to get into a morning routine now that my girlfriend wakes up at six am, an hour and a half earlier than I get up, and she is not quiet and try's talking to me so it's just easier to get up. Lol.

At night we change into pjs, snuggle and watch a tv show/movie. Unwind, check social media etc. Then fall asleep.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:18:24 )
@Lithium: Hah, aw, well hopefully you have an easier time starting to wake up earlier and it becomes second nature eventually. :o That evening routine sounds lovely! <3

Donator — she, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:25:15 )
@superbearwars: I sure hope I adapt soon, lol. I like not wasting my day, but I also like sleep.

I love our new night routine, my girlfriend used to work over nights and the change in hours has benefited and strengthened our relationship.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 00:29:40 )
@Lithium: Yeah, I'm the same way. I need at least 7 hours, preferably 8. D:

Wow that's so great to hear about your relationship! I hope things continue to go well.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 04:45:09 )
Uh...if hitting snooze like 20 million times then that's mine.
XD
I'm not a morning person, so I have to have a minimum with 3 alarms, each with 3 snoozes spaced 5 minutes apart, so I essentially get almost a full hour of alarms spaced 5 minutes apart to wake me up enough so I can drag my carcass out of bed.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 05:54:00 )
@Kaderin Triste: I'm the same way lol. I have bad problems with sleeping through alarms. D:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 09:54:22 )
@superbearwars: Lol. So fun fact, I had just started at my second job and I woke up in a panic one day, freaking out because I overslept my alarm and I had to be to work in like 20 minutes. So I call the store, in a panic and let them know I'll be late. and I get hold of a friend, who is able to drive me over, so I'm not an hour late. And I get there early. And realize my shift doesn't actually start for another 4 hours.
I have never actually slept through another alarm since then. For that job anyway.
My other job is much more flexible on my shifts, so I can (and do) sleep through my alarms for that one.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 10:13:40 )
@Kaderin Triste: xD Haha, wow. Yeah, that would have made me panic too. At least you didn't end up being late? But it sounds like it was a pain regardless.
dear Lord I need a new signature someone help me

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 10:16:11 )
@superbearwars: It was horrible! But also nice because I had time to actually wake up and eat breakfast (which normally makes me nauseous if I eat too early). So it wasn't too bad.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.