Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk That coworker I hate got fired

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/15 12:47:14 )
A recently fired coworker had one of the worst cases of narcissism ive ever seen. He was also aggressive and often defended his outbursts as being the result of someone else.

One of the major tipping dominoes that lead to his termination was him demanding time off. It's not unreasonable to allow time off. But he let us know he was moving at the last minute, so he requested (demanded) 3 weeks off. We were short staffed and him getting 3 weeks off wasn't going to happen. Predictably he threw a tantrum and went on about how we are all deliberately inconveniencing him.

My favorite part was if you'd point out his aggressive tone of voice he'd be like,

"Whatever you think you're hearing in my inflections and tone is a byproduct of your own delusional mind."

According to him we were all delusional. He would always find a way to argue, even over stupid stuff. It's like he absolutely had to be right and make sure you knew you were wrong, even when you weren't. Basically, he was a bully. A 43 year old bully.

He's gone now though. I just want to cry in relief because he was so stressful to deal with.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/15 13:36:07 )

wow, what an insane person! I hope he tripped on the way out. I'm so glad you don't have to deal with that anymore!

Why do I feel like crazy people like him are becoming more common to find these days

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/15 13:57:49 )

@Jolly: The pandemic made everyone go crazy istg, and those who were already crazy just got worse. Now, not all of the crazy people are a bad crazy like that narcisistic middle-aged douchebag, but that kind of crazy certainly has become more common.

@Vampiretaco: Glad you are free of that stress, dealing with people like that is a pain in the toosh.

Don't know how to use/read tone tags?
Go Here!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/15 14:08:57 )

@MaxIsConfused:
It's so exhausting, I wish it wasn't the case! Somehow the pandemic caused some people to nurture their selfish tendencies too much.
I can hardly fathom some of the crazy people I meet in retail and how they could possibly exist that way. They must really wear themselves out ^^;

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/17 22:31:24 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

jeez sounds like a pain in the butt to deal with someone like that.
and being 43 and acting that way? yikes.
so relieved you and your fellow coworkers no longer will deal with that person anymore.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — she/they/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/18 02:45:18 )

good riddance~

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/18 03:35:51 )
I'm happy he's gone but sorry you guys had to put up with that. Those kinds of people are the absolute worst.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.