Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 04:36:30 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

In march my dog died, she was 11. A black labrador called Izzy. An absolute sweetheart, everybody around here knew and loved her. Were all still devestated by it especialy since life just keeps giving lemons. Whilst i doubt ill ever rly get over her (i got her when i was 11 so she was a huge part of my life) i knew eventually i wanted another dog. To fill that void of being dogless.

So yesterday i got a puppy, shes 7 weeks old (the mother din produce milk anymore and shes eating her food just fine!) and we named her Baby (yes Baby, its cute ok). We got her from a lady whos dog had puppys (so not a shelter or breeder ect)
Shes a mix between an Akita Inu and a Chowchow (you can tell bc she has blue spots on her tongue!), shes so soft, tiny and adorable.
But dont be mistaken, shes an absolute menace to society /j

She loves to bite everything (especially fingers, toes and my legs) but were trying to teach her thas not ok (her teef r so sharp it legit hurts when she bites lol). We will be buying her way more toys this wednesday and a propper collar (we bought one but turns out its WAAAAY to big).
Luckly im awake at night since she wakes up for about an hour at night to pee, poo, play, explore and then fall staright alseep again lol

Ive done my fair share of reasearch and will continue so, to give her a great life (i mean tbf i had a dog so its not that i dont know what im doing lol) But if anybody has any tips feel free to let me know :^D

Heres a pic of the Evil Baby

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 16:59:59 )

Congrats on the new family member! That's so exciting!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/7 06:06:36 )
✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦

What a cutie pie! Good luck on your new adventure with your new best friend :3

✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦
👽 Formerly Sailormoon 👽

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/7 23:17:03 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Borealis:
@Totalanimefan:
@sailormoon:
Thanks!

@neon: Slowely id love to teach her some commands!, curently were mainly teaching her to not bite and pee outside lol. I feel like its a fulltime job, im so tired lmao. I looked online and seem to be doing everything corectly, I gues itl just take a lil time. Im aware you shouldnt compare, but my last dog learned stuff so easely, she learned to pee outside in less then a week! Alas, Its not that im angry at the situation tho + luckly my gran is also here to help out.
She also for some reasen keeps digging in, picking up, bitting and topeling over her water bowl. Its cute but were trying to stop her bc it makes a huge mess aaaa.
I feel like its a constant battle between shes so adorable but shes not allowed to do XXX bc it would b a big problem when shes big

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 01:16:15 )

AKITA PUPPIES ARE THE CUTEST omg
and chows too
although both breeds are especially temperamental and have a natural tendency to try and dominate the household--so be prepared for some heavy training as your pup gets older! I remember when my old room mate got a little akita pup. Lots and lots of work, but SO worth it!

Congrats on the new family member! <333
There is no such thing as replacing a pet that has passed. But it does help to keep the home lively with animals!

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 14:31:33 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Jolly: She looks like a lil bear sometimes lol, but im absolutly willing to spent the time needed to properly train her :^D
Shes already making it clear when she needs to pee (mainly by going to the hallway), shes also slowly stopping with digging in her waterbowl

Also not sure if its my imagination but i feel like shes grown a tiny bit already! :'^D

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 17:05:13 )

@GoblinsAndTea:
She probably has grown!! Those breeds can get pretty big, too. I love big dogs ♡♡♡

I remember my friends akita puppy kept peeing constantly and couldn't wait for us to take him out. it was like every hour. so they brought him to the vet worried that his kidneys werent functioning right.
turned out he was just REALLY addicted to water. we would always refill his bowl when it emptied cause ha ha thirsty boy. didn't realize we were the problem

i flippin love animals, they're so crazy

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/12 13:55:34 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Jolly: Ive compared pics of the first day she got here in her bed and now and its insane how much she grew in a week! A big Baby!

@neon: Your not being too much! Im not ignorning you, just been verry busy lol
Sadly my gran dosnt want to get a crate (and since i live with her i cant just bring one home) Ive named all the pros but she still dosnt want it ;;
She hasnt topled it over in a few days! But everytime we see her wanting to we indeed try to redirect her atention

Also a general update: The vet came by and gave her all her needed vacines and an ID chip! He looked in her ears, listen to her lungs n heart ect, and everything seems absolutly fine! Shes a healthy pup :^D

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/12 14:53:32 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@neon: I did! But sadly unless a profesional sugests it she wont listen to me ;;
I also sugested to get a harnes (i believe thats the english name?) so if she pulls it wont cut her troat. My gran din want that and sadly there isnt alot to discus with her, but the vet today sugested it and now she asked me to get one... Its frustrating but welp

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie — Depressed Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 02:46:24 )
Very adorable!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/13 02:51:20 )
a little goggyeeee
please ping me for the love of god.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.