Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Wondering where Total has been? (Pics!)

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:30:50 )
@Totalanimefan: Omg that's so much time x.x did they just run out of time to get it done sooner or?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:56:06 )

@Ruby: I think they wanted the same amount as my pic, but also on the bottom too. Like a slanted half circle. I had already made enough for that, but I didn't put it on the half circle.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 03:04:47 )
@Totalanimefan: That's not fair to ask for that much work right before the wedding >.<

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 03:08:25 )

@Ruby: Um yes, I know! haha
I think I put 40 hours easy into this wedding from Wed-Sat.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 03:30:59 )
@Totalanimefan: Did you get compensated anything for that or was it just chalked up to a favor?

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 07:18:01 )
@Totalanimefan: I love crafting, I wish I could help! But I totally get that "ugh how am I gonna do all this?" feeling
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 18:36:10 )

@Ruby: No comp. Yeah.

@Alchemists Fire: Oh yeah. On Friday night I was going as fast as I could lol. I was like I'ma be here until 4am, but maybe I won't be if I go really fast lol. Fastest gluing ever.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 17:15:34 )
@Totalanimefan: ugh that sucks. Really nice of you to do so much

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 19:28:52 )

@Ruby: Thank you. Others have said it to me too, but I think really is cause there was a bunch of us in this same situation and we couldn't leave the others hanging. If all of us didn't pitch in, it would have been less people doing the same amount of work.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 20:54:08 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah its one of those things that you might not necessarily mind doing but becomes a lot and then when it is a lot you can’t just quit cuz that would leave other people hanging. Rock and a hard place lol
At least the end result was pretty and you don’t have to do it again haha

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 05:19:37 )

@Ruby: I was ok with helping with the decorations but then when I had to make a list and do the Costco runs I was like what!? And then it went down from there.
I’ve been so tired from Sunday until now. I think I only just recovered. (One day did include traveling home)

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 12:56:34 )
@Totalanimefan: I hear ya. One of those "Okay yeah I can help you with this." "Oh since you did that can you also-" and it's one of those situations that yeah you could say no, but you're way more obligated to say yes x.x

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 23:18:19 )

@Ruby: Yup 100%. Like I said before, it's ok that I made them. There are some things that the wedding party helps with. Picking out the dress(s), helping with decorations, helping with invites, but not the stuff you hire people to do on the wedding day.
They called my husband (who was also in the party) and they were like thank you so much for helping, we didn't think it would be so much work. (Like what kinda BS is that?!?!)
Where they ever at a wedding before? In a wedding before? I know that's BS cause one of the girls in the party got married a month ago and she shared with them EVERYTHING that she had to plan, and how much it was and what was in the list, etc, etc

@Clementine: Thank you so much <3 I'm happy that everyone likes them!

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 10:43:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah exactly! Asking for help is fine, but not to do things that should have already been done, basically doing everything >.>

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 17:05:35 )

@Ruby: 100%. Don't mind being help for things one normally does. I mind being a replacement for paid labor when I'm unpaid.
And really, I was thinking about the math. Say it did save them $5,000, or even $10,000 (which I don't think it would have been that much, but let's just say).
There was 10 of us in the wedding party. So basically my friendship/me spending time with you, is worth less than $1,000 each? And that's after I spent money on the plane ticket, and the hotel, and the rental car, etc etc. Like bro, that's a low bar when you have money and we are all in our 30's and 40's. Like I said before, both have jobs, and they own a duplex in CA. Not poor.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/28 13:24:48 )
@Totalanimefan: that is such bs. You basically paid for your travel/boarding so you could work for free.
I bet they expected a nice gift too right? Lol

You’re better than me, I would have told em to f off lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 16:44:47 )

@Ruby: Thank you. I think if all of us in the wedding party knew ahead of time, we would have said the same thing, but it's hard in the moment when you know the shit just has to get done. There is no time for them to hire people, or for us to say no. We are already there and it would have made more work for the people that said yes, or felt like they couldn't say no.
But yeah, I did all of that except for the gift. Actually you are supposed to get the people in your wedding party (bridesmaids and groomsmen I mean, not the people who go just to the wedding, those are wedding guests) all gifts as a thank you for being apart of the wedding party. I got my bridesmaids some expensive makeup that they really wanted.

But at this point I almost don't want a gift, because then it puts a price on all the work I did, and I know it sounds silly, but saying that I did it out of the goodness of my heart is less insulting then saying it's worth one free meal or some makeup or something like that.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.