Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Thrift/Yard Sale Finds

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 02:57:19 )
Last weekend I went to a yard sale that was doing a fill a bag for a dollar sale. My mother and I decided to split a box for two dollars. She got some really nice shirts for work, and I got a bunch of random shit. Like I am proud to finally own an ugly Christmas sweater, and some more sensible cardigans. My favorite find though was this:

I probably shouldn't have gotten it, because of it's very tone-deaf and misguided attempt at humor. Just really couldn't.

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 03:10:39 )
daaamn that shirt is bad, I'm not even really knowing what a cthululul i s (shh dont tell anyone) but hell... i want that shirt LOLOLOL
I wonder where it came from? (despite it saying right there on the shirt...)
Also super cool find for 1!! We had a yardsale on the 30th, things were pretty cheap and toward the end we realized we didn't want to pack everything back up so it was 25 for anything, then we just left an hour later saying free for anything LOL

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 03:12:57 )
It was a charity yard sale, so the left overs were going to go towards another event later on.
This shirt is so bad, and I'm a terrible person for wearing it. But I just, I found it funny.

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 03:20:19 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh shoot that's wonderful!!
Are you wearing it right now? xD I might not have the courage to wear it out, but inside the house LOL
im not very brave

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 03:22:49 )
@cedes: Yeah, I'm just going to have it as a pajama shirt. No wearing it out and about.

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 03:38:15 )
@Another Movie Addict: You and I are quite alike then LOL. I kinda wanna google more about this shirt now haha

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 03:43:30 )
@cedes: I do kind of want to know the backstory of this shirt.

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 03:48:29 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh!! It was a 2016 election shirt LOL I guess people were really willing to settle for any other president huh *u*;;

awesome art by okios <33

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 03:49:27 )
@cedes: Seems like it. Lol and now this shirt exists in my wardrobe.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 04:19:36 )
OMGGGG. That shirt is so bad that it's freaking awesome. XDD;;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 01:46:53 )
I like go get clothing at consignment and thrift stores. I haven't been able to find anything good in a while though. ^^;
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 01:56:33 )
There's a new thrift store around here, and it was kind of...You know that junk pile at flea markets? The piles you literally have to dig through in order to find anything, let alone treasure? Yeah that was this thrift store. Didn't find shit in there. However I might go back eventually to see if I can find tea cups I can smash.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 07:42:23 )
@another movie addict: Oh, Christ. That's funny as hell. Definitely not something I'd wear out of the house, either, but that's the price you pay campaigning for an abyssal god? xD

I used to find really nice things at thrift shops when I was still trying to add to my bear collection, but these days I barely ever visit them anymore.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 07:47:08 )
@superbearwars: I used to go thrifting, but there's just not any shops worth while anymore.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 07:48:59 )
@another movie addict: Yeah, that's understandable. There used to be a really nice shop in our old neighborhood, before we moved, but they closed down and were replaced or something iirc.
dear Lord I need a new signature someone help me

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 07:52:26 )
@superbearwars: The best shop we had got burnt down by some ass hole kids. Used to find really nice jeans there for like 25 cents.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 05:07:24 )
@Boris: Saw a few of those at a used game store a few weeks ago.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.