Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Grandpa is in hospital, (RIP)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/30 21:51:12 )
With a feeding tube now... He's had bad pneumonia and blood clots. He's not looking too good and has a 50/50 chance to live. I just hope he makes it, he's been apart of my life child hood a lot and teenage years before my main household moved to another state.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 05:43:14 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Im sorry you have to go trough such a hard time.
My granpa raised me and since 2015 his health has been going down. We almost lost him him once and the docters told us to prepare for the worst. He survived but is barely a shadow of the man he used to be.
Its absolutly devestating seeing loved ones in such a situation, you cant do anything to help, the only thing you can do is be there a suport them.
(im not sure if this is an english saying but we say it in dutch) I hope from the ground of my heart that your grandpa will get trough this, and i wish you the best of luck in your hard times

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 18:44:03 )

@Operation Katana: I hope he makes it, and if he doesn't, that you'll recover from the grief healthily. I lost my grandpa to cancer several years back, and it's a struggle. We just have to do our best to keep going despite the losses.

@GoblinsAndTea: the saying in English is "From the bottom of my heart" ^^

Don't know how to use/read tone tags?
Go Here!

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/1 02:51:53 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@MaxIsConfused: Oh lol i see, i was close! Sometimes direct translations dont seem to work i gues

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 21:25:38 )

@Operation Katana: How is he doing? How are you doing?

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 01:10:05 )

Sending love and hope to you ;;
it can be really hard when a close family member isn't doing well. But I do hope he can pull through this! Sometimes our bodies and strength can be surprising.

Please keep us updated!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 22:10:20 )
Totalanimefan:

@Operation Katana: How is he doing? How are you doing?

Jolly:

Sending love and hope to you ;;
it can be really hard when a close family member isn't doing well. But I do hope he can pull through this! Sometimes our bodies and strength can be surprising.

Please keep us updated!

He's doing better so far, a bit more responsive and his lab results are getting better. That's some good news. He's fighting pretty good for being 78 yrs old.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 22:55:39 )

I am so sorry to hear that is happening. Unfortunately, I had a very similar experience with my late grandmother that unfortunately didn't have a good outcome. But I'm glad to hear he is getting better and I hope that it continues and you are able to spend more time with him!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/7 04:09:52 )

@Operation Katana: those are good signs at least.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/7 15:20:41 )

Any improvement is good improvement, so I am glad that he's able to fight hard!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/14 03:45:50 )
Jolly:

Any improvement is good improvement, so I am glad that he's able to fight hard!

Sorry to not update but he passed away last sunday. im happy to just see him pass on when the family was at the hospital.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/14 03:46:20 )
Totalanimefan:

@Operation Katana: those are good signs at least.

Sorry to not update but he passed away last sunday. im happy to just see him pass on when the family was at the hospital.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/14 03:46:41 )
Bonnie:

I am so sorry to hear that is happening. Unfortunately, I had a very similar experience with my late grandmother that unfortunately didn't have a good outcome. But I'm glad to hear he is getting better and I hope that it continues and you are able to spend more time with him!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/15 14:46:56 )

@Operation Katana:
My condolences. Although it is nice that he was able to pass on surrounded by a lot of love and the people he cares about. I hope that he rests peacefully knowing he had the best support system.

Please take care of yourself and let yourself mourn as much as you need to. We're here for you too!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/15 23:10:07 )

@Operation Katana: I'm so sorry. That's similar to what happened to my grandpa. I hope that you can take time for yourself and give yourself time to grieve. -hugs-

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 02:35:15 )

@Operation Katana: I am so sorry for your loss. I pray your family has healing while you deal with this. <3

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.