Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Starry’s Hangout

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 00:03:21 )
@Starry: I could use your discipline to put things back on the rack sometimes. xD I'm usually pretty good about putting things back if they don't fit quite right, but soooometimes I convince myself to buy it anyway, which is not good. I'm the same with pjs in that I hardly buy them because I have so much to choose from at home already. I could actually use another hoodie or two, but I think I'd rather wait to find a hoodie or two from a band I like. Most of my outerwear is some form of jacket, which is nice, but I need more hoodies. I think I have plenty of sweaters too, but not too many long-sleeve shirts because I'm hella picky with those.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 19:20:55 )
@aisukohi: It's definitely something I had to practice, haha. It comes more easily after so many years of buying stuff, wearing it 0-3 times and then ending up donating it and think about all the money I waste on stuff I never even end up wearing. I don't have as many long sleeved non-hoodie tops, and I'm kinda picky about those too. I dunno if it's just that I have weird proportions but a lot of long sleeved tops will have sleeves that go to the end my fingers but the midsection barely goes to my bellybutton. :s I'm hoping I can find another winter jacket later this year too. I'm having a hard time finding one that's warm without being bulky cause I hate those jackets that're like super puffy and make me feel like 3x larger when I'm wearing them lol. One of the things I miss about living in Cali was that winter wasn't cold enough to typically necessitate more than a hoodie, but it gets pretty cold in winter here.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/12 04:37:58 )

Hey how are you?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/12 19:09:59 )
@totalanimefan: I'm doing alright. The grocery store by my house has a good sale this week so yesterday I got a bunch of groceries. Everything's been so expensive so I'm stocking up while I can lol. How are you?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/12 19:57:59 )

@Starry: I actually think things like that are exciting. I love saving money and I like having tasty food in the house. ^^
Everything really did get so expensive.
I cleaned my house, I studied a bit, and then I showered. I'm leaving for a flight tomorrow so there are things I have to do before I leave and before the pet sitter stays at mine. ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/13 13:22:16 )
@Starry: I know what you mean about the awkward-fitting long sleeve tops. I have a few I need to get rid of since they've shrunk enough that they show my stomach if I stretch enough. I don't care for puffy jackets either, and it especially doesn't make sense here in Florida, but I see people with them here all the time.

Think I might try shopping a little later today. I really need some more comfortable shorts since I don't really have any, and I'll need them when I go to Epcot and possibly Universal Studios later this month. Hopefully I find some with decent-sized pockets so I won't have to carry a bag around.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 22:16:29 )
@totalanimefan: Me too lol. I joke about how people think I'm vegetarian cause I rarely eat meat at home, but that's partially just cause it's cheaper to eat beans and rice and stuff. But chicken thighs were 97c/lb this week so I got a couple packages.
I cleaned my house the other day too. I bought myself a new mop at the store too cause my old one was super basic and now I have one of the ones with the handle you pull up to twist out the water easily. :frizz-celebrate: Hope your flight went well!

@aisukohi: I donated a few of my tops like that. Time to replace them with some that fit better I think. I've never been to FL but I don't imagine that puffy jackets are necessary at all lol. Here in CO it gets pretty cold, but I prefer a non-bulky jacket and just wear a couple long sleeve shirts underneath + scarf, hat, gloves. Hope you find some good shorts! I might go shopping this weekend to look for some shorts and stuff myself. It's been rainy in the afternoons here lately so it depends on the weather. I don't like walking in the rain and mud.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/16 22:25:36 )

@Starry: That all sounds awesome.
Flight wasn't too bad, it wasn't direct, but it wasn't bad either. Just been pretty tired cause it's been a lot to go go go since we got here.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/17 22:25:07 )
@totalanimefan: That's good then. ^^ Where did you go?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/18 06:09:00 )

@Starry: from DC to CA. I’m still in CA too.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/21 16:00:34 )
@Starry: I think even if I was in a climate to legitimize puffy jackets, I'd still choose my usual attire. xD My family came and gifted me with a new hoodie, which I absolutely adore and can't wait to use when it gets cooler!! >w< I hate walking around in rain and mud too. I get sooo miserable if I'm wearing shoes where my feet get wet. I can live with wet clothes, but absolutely can't stand it when my feet stay wet.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/28 14:28:04 )
@totalanimefan: Nice, hope you enjoy your trip. Also, I saw your thread and glad to see your heart seems to be not having problems any more. ^^

@aisukohi: Understandable, haha.Yay, that’s fun. I’m wearing a hoodie and leggings right now cause it’s been getting down to like 60 at night and I’d rather leave the windows open and just wear more clothes in the morning till it warms up lol. But I’m one of those people who seems to get cold easier than others so hoodie weather is already starting for me.
Yeah, I hate when you’re walking and your feet are making wet squishy sounds, bleach.
I went to the thrift store yesterday since it was a nice day. I finally found a basic pair of fleece shorts that are in my size and have pockets too. ^^ I saw some cute Hello Kitty Vans that were of course 2 sizes too small for my giant feet. They’ve started putting out Halloween stuff too, but all I bought was the shorts and a t shirt. I’m ready for fall though, the cooler weather and holidays and all.

I cooked some pineapple shrimp fried rice yesterday too and it turned out pretty good. :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 16:48:11 )

@Starry: Thank you for reading my thread about that. It seems that I'm good. My mom asked about it last week and she said that if they haven't told you anything by know that means that they didn't find anything wrong with your heart. Which makes me very happy. (also what I thought, but with long covid you can never be too sure).
How have you been doing? (I love Pineapple Shrimp Fired Rice by the way. I get it almost every time I go to a Thai place)
As for other updates for me, I finished my last exam-based class! And now I just have my final class, which is to write a capstone (like a dissertation but also with an excel part for the math)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/30 14:25:53 )
@totalanimefan: That makes sense. That must definitely be a weight off your shoulders. ^^
I've been okay. I've been kinda in one of my many periods of insomnia for the last week so I've been kinda fatigued and living off energy drinks, lol, but other than that I'm okay. Been trying to spend less time online and more time reading and organizing stuff in my house.

Nice, I've been in the mood for Thai food lately. My friend and I made Pad Thai years ago, maybe I should try that recipe again some time. I haven't eaten at too many Thai restaurants so I'm only familiar with a few dishes. I like cooking but it can be overwhelming at times. Plus I was using a recipe from a website which I was reading from my iPad that I propped up on my counter and the website had constant popups and kept refreshing and going to the top of the page, meaning I had to keep scrolling to the the bottom past the ads over and over again. Next time I'm definitely going to write the recipe down or screenshot the page. XD'

Congrats on finishing your class!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/30 16:57:25 )

@Starry: That's no fun. Hope you are able to sleep well soon.
Reading and doing things around the house are good uses of one's time. ^^ A clean house feels much less stressful.
Pad Thai is another great dish! I love ordering that one too. Cooking can be overwhelming. Sometimes there are just way too many moving parts. That's why I like to try and do one dish meals or one sheet pan meals or something in the instant pot. Screenshots I think would be the way to go lol

Thank you! I'm maybe like 40% done with this essay now. I'm 13 pages in, but I don't know how long it will end up being. I think some people said theirs ended up being 30 pages, but I don't know if everyone's is like that.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/7 00:26:25 )
@Starry: I'm kinda jelly that you have hoodie weather already, but I also get cold easily, so here's hope for me. xD Glad you were able to find some clothes at the thrift store, though sucks about the shoes not working out. That fried rice sounds yummy too! I love fried rice in general lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.