Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 A Warm, Dusty Place

Donator — Yes Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 05:39:53 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Honestly I'm not sure there are much more than Voltra? Caedon is basically dead, and the only one I know besides that is Gaia and that place is not community based and very greedy so I can't find myself having a good time there :< So I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this place stays alive and well, too.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 06:00:33 )
      @Auxillatrix: Yeah, every other site I can think of is dead.
      Well besides Dappervolk, but that place requires you do do Too Much.
      Plus they're like, extra psycho and strict about that pg-13 shit.
      They honestly enforce it more to a PG or G level.
      And I'm convinced they don't actually know what PG-13 is.

Donator — Yes Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 06:08:26 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Oh dang, I straight up forgot about Dappervolk. I played their weird beta thing but once they shut down to do the Final Open I forgot to check back to see when it came back up. Reading this, though, not too sure if I'll even try to go back, LOL.

I'm so sad though, when I first found avatar sites, there were a good 10 that I frequented, and I knew so many people, but now I feel like I have no more homes and no more friends ;w;

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 06:23:49 )
      @Auxillatrix: It's a cute site, I love the design and layout and stuff.
      It's just... A lot of work to earn money, a lot of stupid quests I don't like, and a lot of strict rules that I can't follow. lmao
      I'm 28 years old and the last time I saw someone under 20 on an avi site, I was the one under 20.
      So I can't censor my words to protect non-existent children on their site.

A mood.
      There used to be so many all over.
      But lately with instagram and tiktok and stuff, avi sites are dying out.
      Which is stupid.
      Why tf would you put your face on tiktok when you could dress up a cute avi instead?
      I like the anonymity.
      But kids these days just aren't taught about the dangers of the internet.
      Like, I don't even use my legal on my personal and private facebook account where I have family as friends.
      But kids these days put their whole face everywhere, film where they are and what they're doing at all times.
      It's crazy.

Donator — Yes Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 08:03:22 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah I feel that, sites that become that strict with people tend to drive them away rather than encourage a sense of community. Language is something you're going to see on the internet, if a kid can't handle a few swears then they shouldn't be on the internet in the first place, but I digress.

YEAH like, I like the meme quality of tiktok I guess, but it's also terrible to see it spreading shitty behaviors or trends? I have a friend that works at a school and she said a tiktok trend caused them to have to lock down their bathrooms, kids were taking the toilets n stuff. I just couldn't wrap my head around it?

I always loved the idea of avatar sites because it allowed me to show what was in my heart, rather than my face, which I am not a fan of? I can't just take my eyes out and grow bird feet in real life like my avatar has, I vibe with this look so much though. PLUS avatar sites have been such a form of community for me, I don't see that so much on social medias :<

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 08:18:00 )
      @Auxillatrix: Honestly.
      Like, I get trying to make it a decent place that is okay for kids, but Voltra is that, too.
      Most online sites only require you to be 13.
      But this one let's me get away with saying 'fuck' and doesn't act like I'm personally assaulting a minor.
      They were also condescending as hell about it, too.
      I once used the word 'jipped' bc a game screwed me over on payout, and they acted like I personally persecuted the Romani people.
      I didn't even KNOW the word 'jipped' was derived from 'gypsy'.
      I'm not a linguist, but they were still condescending and rude about telling me "that type of thing isn't allowed' bc it's apparently racist to not study to origin of every word ever.
      Instead of just being like "hey, we just wanted to let you know that [word] has racist origins and we would prefer to keep tat off out site' they were rude and forcibly removed the word from my post before even giving me a chance to change my wording to remove it myself.
      /end rant

TikTok is for sure a plague.
      Some of them are funny, some of them are educational, but a lot of them are stupid or spread false information or try to get your killed or something.
      I don't know, it's weird to me. I don't have it.
      I barely have instagram. 😂

A mood.
      Don't look at me, I don't even like looking at me.... But here's this cute avatar I made!
      Look at her all day!
      Much better.
      And there is a good sense of community with avi sites.
      You make great friends, interact with a lot of different people, it's all good and fun.
      Social media just seems like a pretty people contest and I am not pretty and I am barely a people.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 15:08:29 )

@Auxillatrix: I hope everything went well.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 20:02:12 )
@Auxillatrix: I'm doing better today, but I'm exhausted and super glad tomorrow is Friday.

Donator — Yes Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 23:08:24 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Yooooo what, I had no idea that had racist origin? I can understand them not wanting it on their site but it DEF sounds like they handled it wrong. Educating people who don't know something should come first, and if they continue to do it, that's when it's time to get aggressive. At least in my mind.

Instagram is one of those things that I have to look at other people's stuff, but I don't actively use myself. I never gravitated to twitter like a lot of people did, and tumblr is dead, so it's the only place I have to follow artists that I like. I am totally not addicted to finding amazing tattoo artists and fantasizing about getting 200 but then never actually doing it cause money, nope not me.
Plus my friends use it to send memes to me, which I love. BUT social media besides that just doesn't appeal to me.

"I am barely a people" is REAL. I don't remember the last time I felt like a human living in a society. I want to curl up behind my screen and talk to people who understand me, because it doesn't happen in real life lol.

@Totalanimefan: It did, thank you! It was elective so there wasn't any urgency to it, but I am still very glad it's over <3 I hope you're doing well today! Your avatar is beautiful :>

@Alorrena: Oh I feel that, days have sort of blended together for me the past few years but the realization of the weekend is always so so nice. I really hope the weekend is good to you <3

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 23:34:55 )
@Auxillatrix: i hope so too, it should be- it's a 3 day weekend. But Tuesday is going to suck. I just started a new job at a call center and tuesday is the first time we're taking calls. But, on the other hand, i learn best by doing things, so that's a good thing. I plan on getting a lot of reading done this weekend, actually.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 23:49:18 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
@auxillatrix: Hi, welcome back. :D I just signed up for Voltra a few weeks ago, I'm loving it so far.

Donator — She Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 23:51:38 )
@auxillatrix: awk thanks a much .. it's called reaper smile ☺️

Donator — Yes Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 23:52:38 )
@Alorrena: Oh nooo, I hate making phone calls. I'm sure once you get into it, it will become all muscle memory kinda thing, but I feel for you. I hope the job treats you well! What kind of things are you planning on reading? :>

@PashminaPanda: I'm glad you're loving it! I honestly missed this place so much :'>
26 // Michigan // Goat enthusiast
If you don't ping me I'll miss you!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 23:57:12 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
@auxillatrix: I can see why, it's such a nice little community. I love your avi by the way! :3
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 00:24:21 )
@Auxillatrix: Just a bunch of YA books. Right now i'm readint the Selection series by kiera cass. They're pretty good.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 02:56:28 )

@Auxillatrix: yeah I’m doing well. Good to hear that it wasn’t too serious. I’m not ok with needles so surgery sounds really hard to me. Even if it was minor.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 05:58:09 )
      @Auxillatrix: Right?! Thank-you!
      But no, they went full aggro on it. 🙄

My instagram is for sending memes back and forth with my sister and the one remaining friend I have left from high school. lmao
      I never got into twitter either.
      I made an account, to secure my username just incase, but it was never It for me.

A whole mood.
      People in real life are annoying and when you're tired of talking to them you can't just log off and hide. XD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.