Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Pashmina's Place ?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 00:45:58 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
I'm feeling bold so I'm making my own hangout. :D

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 03:57:55 )
@PashminaPanda: oh hey awesome :D I’ll try to come around and post when I’m on~

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 05:02:11 )

Awesome ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/27 19:22:48 )
Thought that I would reply to our convo in your newbie thread here instead.
PashminaPanda:
@totalanimefan: Give and take I see. Idk, it sounds all around better there to be honest. lol

@PashminaPanda: Yeah it's pretty different. Oh and the pay in lower in the UK but as a student that was really something that I thought about. The weather in the UK sucks a lot, but what happened to the US on Friday didn't happen there, so that's a plus.
I'm very upset about what happened on Friday. I hate that we are going down this path. We know what rights are on the chopping block next too. And I feel like the effects of Jan 6th are still out there too.
I can't stop thinking that I'm going to have to leave the US in 5-10 years. I don't want to have to, I just want my rights, and the rights of others back. I'm sure it's still effecting you too.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 23:28:53 )
@totalanimefan: Is the weather dark and gloomy over there like how they portray in movies? That's actually my favorite type of weather. lol
I know :( It's completely awful. Sorry for taking a while to respond. I've been in such a state of grief and blind anger over this I haven't really been talking to anyone in irl or online. I can't even imagine those that live in the red states feel like. I live in a blue state and I am still beside myself.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 02:58:06 )

@PashminaPanda: honestly I’ve been the same. Im so angry and upset and sad. Im just not ok over this. I’ve been thinking of how I would need to leave the country in a few years. I want to stay here but also im worried that we can’t fix this.
The clouds never really get dark. Just like a light limitless gray.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 05:14:06 )
@totalanimefan: I wouldn't blame you if you made the decision to leave. To be honest I think if I was in your position, I probably would. I think if I didn't have any friends or family here in the states I would've tried leaving years ago.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 14:24:26 )

@PashminaPanda: thank you. My husband and I want to fight the good fight but looked into how to get out this week.
I like DC it’s very pretty and the weather is way nicer than the UK and I have my family in various places in the US but damn I’m worried about the future.
You could try and get a visa to Canada or Mexico. It’s not that hard for Americans.
If this is too much for you we can talk about something else.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 21:07:23 )
      /makes self at home
      Nice place ya got here.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 22:39:28 )
@totalanimefan: Will it be pretty easy for you guys? And I know, I've heard DC is beautiful. I think if I had to choose between those two I'd pick Canada. The tricky part would be convincing my boyfriend to leave, he's all about justice and fighting the "big fight". Either way, until our parents are gone we'll probably stay here for the time being.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 22:39:42 )
@Anarchist beauty: thanks, I just mopped!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 22:59:08 )

@PashminaPanda: It's probably years down the road but something that you should look into now. There should be a back up plan. I'm not actually moving yet. I don't want to have to, but you bet damn well this week I was looking into living in London, Madrid or Tokyo. (Where he can work and keep his current job). We know Japanese, so that's a plus but Japan doesn't tend to look kindly to outsiders that want to live there. They are ok with visitors. Plus it's really, really far from family, and I, for sure would not be able to bring family.
London is good cause he's British, but we both don't want to live in England again, and London is SOOOOO expensive. (Plus the crap weather, ugh)
Madrid, could live there, don't know anyone there or any Spanish.
Also British passports don't do you any good outside of the UK anymore. XD (Thanks Brexit)

I actually looked into the Bahamas today (thought of it cause I grew up in FL). If his company could give him the ok to work remote (he is working remote out of DC right now), he could work there for up to 3 years on a work remote visa. Bahamas don't really care as long as you aren't taking their jobs. The visa is not even that expensive. But downside is Hurricanes if one where to hit and it was a big one.

DC is really beautiful. If you ever have a chance to come here, you should. It's very walkable and still American but kinda European in a way too. Lots of nice parks, trees, buildings, food. I really love living here.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/2 03:02:42 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh definitely. I want to look into getting a passports for us just in case. We were going to buy a house next fall, but we might hold off on that too depending how things look next year. So much has changed in a matter of a week, I can't even imagine how it will be in months.
Have you looked into Canada or Mexico yet? I wouldn't say learning a new language is ever easy, but I've heard Spanish is one of the easier languages to learn, especially if you're immersed in it. My ex's family spoke a lot of Spanish and I learned a lot just by being around them.
I want to visit eventually. </3

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/2 03:13:35 )
Hi there ^^

-stops in-

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/2 03:20:41 )
@Shark: Hi ^^ How are you today?

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/2 04:06:12 )
@PashminaPanda: I'm ok! It's kinda hot today. Not as bad as it was a week ago at least. Haven't really done much today, but I'm listening to music to add to a playlist for one of my ocs. ^^

How are you? :)

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/2 04:15:03 )
      @PashminaPanda: Cleanliness is key.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/2 16:22:50 )

@PashminaPanda: I just already know Japanese and I'm not the type to be good at languages. I wouldn't want to loose Japanese because I studied Spanish. I could do it if I needed. I didn't want to do Canada because I feel like that is where a lot of Americans will go so I don't want to take a spot from someone that has no other out.
What sucks for me is that in Feb I signed a contract for a condo that wasn't done yet. I'm moving in in Jan 2023 but now I'm kinda freaking cause of the country going to crap. I told my husband that we will be in a limbo in this country until the 2024 election I think. After that, and Jan 20th 2025 I think we will know the state of things. It's hard living in this limbo though. Are brains are meant to reaction to think about things directly in front of us, not something that may or may not happen in the future.

If you ever do get a chance to come to DC, please do! There are so many free things to do here you wouldn't even be able to see them all in one trip.
And thank you for saying that you like my avatar <3 It's Lisa Frank inspired

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/3 15:53:28 )
@Shark: Good to hear! ^^ It's been pretty warm where I live, too. I don't necessarily hate the summertime, but I definitely prefer fall and winter. lol

@Anarchist beauty: *sigh* If only I could only be as cleanly IRL.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/3 16:05:41 )
@Totalanimefan: I get that, it boggles my mind enough that people are bilingual let alone multilingual. I can't even imagine having that much brain capacity. lol I would love to be fluent in Spanish one day, though.
Ugh, that sucks the contract has already been signed far ahead of time. I think you're right about the next presidential election, that's when we'll really
know if things are going to keep moving downward. The limbo status is awful though, especially in times like these.
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.