Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Lemme draw your avis! + 1 more spot for Rng ++ Hangout?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 16:43:05 )
@Purpsy: :P ... you can't catch me!! :P :P

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 17:48:12 )

@Wildfire: Yes I can! ٩(๑ `н´๑)۶

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/19 21:17:47 )
@Purpsy: I don't think so!! XD
................... but I'm sneaky............. and creative............and all kinds of other things that I don't want to list right now because I'm tired. XD :P

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 02:15:47 )

Here's the very last one for this event~
It has been truly fun drawing everyone's avi here and can't wait to draw more in the future ^^

@GoblinsAndTea: I hope you like it~

Unless someone wins the spot for the rng tonight I will call it quits here :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 02:22:23 )

@Wildfire: OAO
*throws my hands up in the air in surrender and hides the last art piece*
Honestly I'm too lazy to chase after you now. You keep it... for now hehehe. I'll take it all back eventually (*ΦωΦ*)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 12:33:29 )
@Purpsy: LOL... now that's admission of "you can't catch me even if you wanted to" if I ever heard one! XD
Ok, ok... *quietly sneaks the drawings back on the nearest table*... I'll behave. A little :3 ;)

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 13:49:48 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Purpsy: Whaa!!! thats so cute!!!! :^0 Thank you!!!

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 16:00:17 )

@Wildfire: Pfft naaah I'm just conserving my energy :T
*ish surprised to see some of the art back* Well... *coughs* ty....

@GoblinsAndTea: Np glad you like it~
I was worried I drawn her... a little lewd lmao xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 16:58:30 )
@Purpsy: hehehe... you're welcome? XD

I'm happy to see you with this thread, tbh. Everyone likes art and it's a good way to earn currency for an event too! :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 17:17:48 )

@Wildfire: Awe ty :3
True and is good practice drawing on my tablet too~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 17:33:10 )
@Purpsy: you're very welcome. And yes, this is a good way to get some practice in on the tablet... which is quite different from drawing on paper! I'm glad it's working out so well for you :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 17:45:35 )

@Wildfire: Very different but I will say using the pencil tool and sketching digitally hits nearly closely to home as to drawing traditionally.
Difference is it's just a lot more crisp and less messy to draw.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 18:16:31 )
@Purpsy: ehhh... there are other differences too. It feels different to me... and I keep thinking I need to clean things up much more on the tablet than I do when I draw with pen on paper... it's weird. :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 18:55:21 )

@Wildfire: I guess everyone experiences it differently :3
Personally is nice to not deal with pencil smudges on my hands or worry about smudging my artwork in general.
Not sure it got to do the fact I'm left handed or not ¯\_(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)_/¯

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/20 20:03:18 )
@Purpsy: I think some of it has to do with the physical tablet and the software too.
lol... yeah... you lefties have it tough when it comes to drawing sometimes... of course, us right-handers have the same issues with smudging the page, etc. when dealing with a large drawing and smudge-able medium :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 03:10:08 )

@Wildfire: True, I don't think I'm experience enough to know the best software or tablet. But I'm more surprised how similar it is when I draw hatches or do a little shading on the pencil tool. It still feels very synthetic in the end. Maybe is both similar to left and right handed people? At least the smudging aspect but when it comes to buy a spiral bound sketchbooks is when the real suffering begins xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 12:03:56 )
@Purpsy: ........ that's why there are spiral bound sketchbooks that are bound on the top, instead of on the side. Although I have known many a left-handed artist friend to just flip the side-bound sketchbook around and work backwards... but side-bound sketchbooks can be uncomfortable regardless of which hand is your primary (but definitely you lefties have it worse, imo).

As for the tablet and the software... I don't know. For me, drawing digitally just doesn't come as naturally...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 15:27:38 )

@Wildfire: I never had those type spiral bound notebooks yet. Maybe I should get one in the future. Lmao I have also tried that method and started from the back end too. But I realized I could also just work on left side of the pages also but often work on both side of the pages too... so no matter what I can't really win (ノ´ー`)ノ

Yeah... although I have gotten used to it is never truly the same.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 23:57:19 )

So did you enjoy the event? ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.