Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/3 06:43:36 )

@Totalanimefan: I guess we both had a pretty good Saturday then :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/3 14:30:01 )
@Totalanimefan: Weekend plans? ... not really. We're going to a friend's house for a while today, but that's about it. Really, this weekend for us is about keeping the dogs sane amid potential thunderstorms and possible fireworks (I'm not sure which is worse for them (probably the fireworks)) *sigh*

You? Plans?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/4 02:24:23 )

@KittyBeary: yeah that one lol. Thanks. I didn’t know which one it was.
@Purpsy: yes it was. Today I went out and it was too hot. T-T
@Wildfire: watching the fireworks from the top of my building. :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/4 03:22:55 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

@Anarchist Beauty: Thank you!! :D

I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/4 05:17:52 )

@Totalanimefan: I was dying today too and I didn't go out x.x

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/4 13:57:50 )
@Totalanimefan: ... that was always one of my favorite things to do when I lived in the city. There's something special about being on the roof of your building and watch the city-sponsored fireworks go off! :3

I'll be on "firework watch" tonight to guard my dogs against any fireworks the neighbors decide to set off. /eyeroll/ I'm not looking forward to it, tbh.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/4 15:58:28 )

@Purpsy: Yeah it was super hot. Ended up being 90F here with no breeze and lots of sunshine.

@Wildfire: Agreed! I'm excited for it, and I think for dinner we will just get slices of pizza from the NYC style pizza place downstairs. :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/5 12:15:57 )
@Totalanimefan: That sounds like a good way to celebrate and to enjoy the fireworks. How did things turn out?
We spent the night trying to comfort dogs and insulate them against the loud bangs of fireworks going off randomly all over the place... including a few really big loud ones! Fortunately, there weren't any going off directly in front of the house this year. /sigh/

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/5 16:10:33 )

@Wildfire: I hope they were ok. We closed the blinds, turned the lights off and set every HomePod in the house to play a Lo-Fi playist. Also the building is concrete so that helps with the sound.
As for what we did, we get tickets to use the roof and I was thinking that since we got tickets that meant that we each got a spot, but it was every person for themselves lol. There wasn't really anywhere to sit, so we stood inside but they didn't turn the lights off. So I just saw the fireworks with the glare, and then at the finale someone that was outside stood up right in front of me so he was blocking my view. Plus I had to listen to these drunk people next to me and they were really annoying XD
Next year I'm doing it in the same park as last time. I got to lay out my picnic blanket, no one was too close to us, the view was really great, I could sit and I didn't have to listen to anyway else lol

The fireworks themselves where pretty but I didn't really feel like I could enjoy them.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 13:11:43 )
@Totalanimefan: It sounds like your dogs were ok, but the whole ticket / roof thing sounds like a bit of a fiasco, tbh. I'm sorry it didn't turn out like you had hoped. ... now you know that's probably not your best option :/

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 14:43:20 )

@Wildfire: yes. I think from now on it’s going to be the park I went to last year. That was a 10/10.
It was cool to be high up to see all of the cities fireworks at once. It seems like a painting in a way. Multiple people were shooting off their own while the main show was going off.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 17:16:54 )
@Totalanimefan: I didn't think personal fireworks were legal where you are.../shrug/ whatever. I'm glad you had an interesting view of everything that was going on, even if it wasn't as good as you were hopign the experience to be. :3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 17:19:37 )

@Wildfire: I didn't think they were, but here we are lol.
I'm glad I did it so I could say that I did it. But I know where I'm going next time.

How's your day been?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 17:23:17 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, sometimes you just need to try things :3

My day has been HOT. I was outside at Lowe's for a while, looking for stuff, then I was putting in a new trellis in the garden... yeah... gotta love FL at this time of year where your eyeballs melt if you're outside for more than 5 minutes... LOL! XD /ugh/

What are you up to today?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 17:59:42 )

@Wildfire: I know what that's like. I hope you could cool down some.
I'm just studying Project Management. I passed Intro to IT yesterday. I'm down to 4 classes!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 18:02:11 )
@Totalanimefan: I think you'll make your semester goal - lol! You are seriously blowing through these classes! :3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 18:17:44 )

@Wildfire: I'm trying! I feel like I'm running out of time. I have 8 weeks left, but two of those weeks I'm busy with company, so really it's like I have 6 weeks left, that little amount of time for 4 classes just seems like a lot. And I have these class left called Managing Business in a Global Environment and I've heard people online say that it takes at least 2 weeks even for people that move fast lol
Did you have a chance to cool off yet?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 19:36:25 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, but we've talked about this before... and I think you'll be able to do it. But, unless something has changed, you also said the school will give you a little more time without additional fees if you've just got a class or two to go, right?

Yeah, I'm feeling better now, thanks - I've been inside with the A/C for the last couple of hours. Of course, now I have to go get the mail and the humidity is probably insane out there, given the overcast skies and the occasional rumble of thunder... Aaaaahhhhhh gotta love the pre-storm "sauna"! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 19:50:29 )

@Wildfire: I think I will be able to do it too, but in order to be able to do it, I have to make it my life lol
Yeah I learned that if I start my capstone (the last paper) before Sept 1st, I can get a 30 day extension for free. If I haven't started that class, or I still have others left I can pay just for those classes.
When I started last year I wanted one year from then to be my goal. I know it doesn't matter in the grand picture, but I want to be able to reach the goal that I set for myself. :)

Oh yeah I know that one. Maybe get the mail after the storm if you think it will survive.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.