Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:28:10 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

im here! I took a nap and had a nightmare lol

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:29:03 )

@GoblinsAndTea: Oh no! It's ok, it was just a dream! Are you ok?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:29:29 )
    I suppose we are still experiencing spring, even tho it should be summer by now. The weather is still chilly, except for the occasional burst of sunshine.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:29:39 )

I noticed there are already 5 event items in the shop. It seems like those are going to be our items for the event instead of a daily new event item.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:31:41 )

@sunny: In the US it's a holiday tomorrow called Memorial Day. It's a day to remember those that lost their life in war. It's always the 4th Monday in May. And culturally it's considered the start of summer in the US (even though it's still late spring). Most of the US is entering their summer weather right about now and people like to go to the beach or have a BBQ.
Growing up in the tropics I never really considered May to be spring, but then I visited places like the UK or northern US and it's still very much spring-like.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:34:00 )
    @Totalanimefan: o cool, I didn't know that. We have a similar holiday in November, I'm sure you know it.
    How is the weather where you are? Are you ready for summer??

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:38:00 )

@sunny: Yeah the US has the same holiday on the same day. I think that one is to honor anyone who is been in war. Not those who died? It's Veterans Day.
Actually we just started getting the fluffy, white summer-like clouds yesterday and tomorrow will start the humidity. (it's dry in the winter and humid in the summer in the US)
I'm very much ready for summer. It's my favorite season. I do feel a little guilty saying it's my favorite season when climate change is killing people during the summer with the heat.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:47:37 )
@Totalanimefan: ROFL. I'm always up for chatting - you know that by now.

Spring is long gone here... summer is definitely gearing up... but we have yet to get in to the summer rain pattern

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:50:51 )

@Wildfire: Florida doesn't even have spring. We just have 'winter' and then 'summer' but it's more like no storms, now storms lol
Although you are in northern FL where it does actually get cold. In South FL we would get near freezing and all the farmers with citrus would freak out.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:54:43 )
@Totalanimefan: Actually, I'm in central FL - not far from the Gulf. We actually had a spring this year, with the lower humidity and cooler (but still summer-hot for most of the rest of the US) temps. Now, the humidity is rising (although it's nice out today) and we're starting to see cloudy skies...but not much rain yet. The real summer (for here) is just starting... but we can tell it's on its way.

Voltie — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:54:47 )
yeah this meant to be a kind more lowkey chill event, we're hoping to have a slightly bigger event for the summer

also ny'all wilding me out doesn't spring end in late June? what's going on
later.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 23:58:31 )
@ghost: I'm not sure where you are, Ghost, but Memorial Day weekend in the U.S. (which is tomorrow) is the official/unofficial start of Summer, but yes, the Solstice is at the end of June, and that is the astronomical start of summer...

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:00:53 )
@Totalanimefan: you know i'm always down to chat! I just finished the word searches, but Tyi wants me to go hang out with him at the nearest card shop because there's a yugioh tournament and he wants my company lol

@ghost: The way i see it, seasons are spring- March, April, May. Summer- June, July, August, Autumn- September, October, November, and Winter is December, January, and February
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:01:36 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Im fine!
But i had to calm down after waking up since recently ive had more of mixing reality with my dreams when i just wak up.
Just recently i started screaming bloody murder bc i saw a spider on my wall, i get up and theres nothing... i go to tell my gran and she didnt even hear me scream...
No idea whats going on with me lol

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:07:26 )

@Wildfire: Oh I see. My brain thought that you were close or in the panhandle.
Nice that you guys got a spring. Up here in DC our spring actually ran colder than most recently years, but our summer is going to be hot, hot, hot.

@ghost: It's cause it's Memorial Day weekend in the US. How are you by the way? I feel like it's been so long since we chatted. You doing ok?

@GoblinsAndTea: I have to do the same after waking up from a bad dream too. I hope there was no spider

@Alorrena: The event is on for a while, so if you have to go, that's ok too. ^^

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:11:34 )
@ghost: depends where you live. Technically, yes Summer starts in June. Where, I live Summer usually starts in April and can ends in November. However, we are having some kind of Spring going.
Also, it's !

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:11:37 )
@Totalanimefan: There are a lot of Florida people on Voltra (which is kind of weird, but kind of cool) - I'm sure you're just mentally flipping my location with somebody else's :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:12:58 )

@Wildfire: Yeah isn't it weird how many people on here live in FL? (I love it though) something in the water I guess? XD
I probably was, sorry about that! I guess when you think about the world I was pretty close, but still wrong haha

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:14:59 )
@Totalanimefan:, it's been awhile.
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/30 00:16:46 )

@Qiqi Agatha: Hey it has been. Love the avatar and the green text. How have you been?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.