Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:28:40 )
@Totalanimefan: I used to love roller coasters - you could barely get me off of them!- but since having kids, my equilibrium and stomach isn't quite the same, so some of the ones that are a little too twisty, curvy, and high-tech are not ones I can deal with very well any more. I like the more traditional coasters - not the new ones with all kinds of visuals and extra movements... if that makes any sense at all (it's kind of hard to explain)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:31:43 )

@Wildfire: I suffer from motion sickness so I understand. I wish that wasn't a thing in humans. Are the coasters in Disney better for you?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:33:47 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, it's a call center, but work from home. I'll be doing customer service for a frozen food delivery company that I can't mention by name because they have people scouring the internet for mentions of it. And if i say something the company doesn't necessarily like, i don't want it costing me my job. i can tell you it sounds like swans though lol

@Totalanimefan: we have hands on training next week, like on Wednesday we'll have a couple hours on the phones, so it should be interesting. right now though, the trainer had us go through a list of like 13 things to agree or acknowledge and i read fast, and am already pretty familiar with most of the things, so i just went ahead and did them all, so while everyone else is working on them, i;m on here! lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:35:48 )

@Alorrena: Yeah make sure you never say the name anywhere lol
Oh I see. You are already ahead of the game. ^^ I'm sure that you are learning everything just fine.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:39:20 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, i'm sure i'll be okay learning everything, but i have a feeling i'll be really bored until then. i'm considering making my second monitor be a second monitor for my laptop because my laptop screen is like half the size of my monitors...it feels really small and cramped when i try to do jigsaw... and i already dislike the game lol But, dust bunnies and it's something i can do in my spare time.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:42:42 )
@Totalanimefan: It has been a long time since I've been to Disney, but I doubt that the coasters and similar rides there would be any better for me at this point. The last time we went to Universal, there was a coaster/ride in Harry Potter land that absolutely turned my stomach, but the old Hulk and Spiderman rides were ok for me.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:44:08 )

@Alorrena: That's a good idea ^^

@Wildfire: I thought that I would like the Harry Potter one more but I didn't. And the turns and stuff caused me to hit my head against the side of the pod-thing.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:45:11 )
@Alorrena: lol - well, I definitely don't want you jeopardizing your new job just to give me the name of the place!! I'm just curious anyway. I hope you like it. Being able to do that from home could be more relaxing... but also more challenging, I'd think - fewer coworkers to talk to / pick brains about your experiences dealing with the public or with policy, etc.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:47:23 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah... that sounds like the one! I remember being jostled around a lot, but they also were swinging the "chairs" in different directions unexpectedly and in ways that didn't make sense to my body... then they combined everything with visuals that were just far too much for me to process. At some point, I just shut my eyes and was just trying not to get sick (which rarely happens to me)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:50:32 )

@Wildfire: I felt the same plus a hurt right side of my head lol
I was super excited for the ride because I loved the books and movies growing up.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:55:28 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, i'm actually ok with that because when i worked in an office for the company (the one that actually pays me is separate from swans, since swans is the contract i'm on), i barely talked to anyone and it made me feel bad because people were really cliquey there. Helped me with work, being antisocial, but it's not a good moral booster to be comparing yourself to others. So working from home will definitely make it easier for my mental health. Also i'll have Tyi to talk to if need be.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:56:23 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah - it was/is a great series, imo, and such a fun world. It makes complete sense to me that Universal/Islands of Adventure created a section of the park that is themed that way. The last time I went was...8 years ago? They had some of it built and it was open, but they were still building the majority of it...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 18:57:53 )
@Alorrena: Ahhhh yeah... I wasn't thinking about the cliquey stuff that can happen sometimes... I was thinking more about the "how do you deal with idiots" / "pick your more experienced brain" kind of situations - helpful ones. Not the stupid ones. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 19:00:04 )

@Wildfire: Last time I went was 2018, so it's been a few years for me too. I did like the whole HP section. It was pretty cool both figuratively and literally lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 19:02:05 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, it was! They did a good job with it - at least the bits that I saw :3 It was nice to be able to physically immerse yourself in what is truly an imaginative-immersive world!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 19:05:47 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, i get that, but anytime i had that situation it was on a break when i'd call my husband lol or when i needed help i'd just call the assist line. I became friends with the assist line people pretty fast which was good because i actually ended up with them.

Also, lunch time!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 19:13:34 )
@Alorrena: It sounds like you've got a pretty good support person there with your hubby! <3 ;)
Also.... yay lunch! XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 19:29:46 )

@Wildfire: Yeah I liked the big dragon thing they had.
I'm off to eat as well. I'm very hungry.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 19:38:03 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't remember a dragon... but it has been several years since I've been and again, it wasn't completed when I was there.

Enjoy your lunch.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/23 19:38:22 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, he's pretty great. Most of the time he just lets me rant, but sometimes he offers suggestions lol

that went so fast... oh man. well, i still have a few more minutes before everyone else should be back, at least.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.