Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 22:37:22 )

I recently got a gel nail polish set with a uv light
make my nails look nice for work
I've never really used these kinds before and they're really neat
but i
i can't stop
the desire to pull them off my nails within a couple days of painting them
:vanora_sweat:
it's like, anxiety fidgeting? it's just so satisfying?
i try so hard to keep them on until at least the following week,
but i also just wanna destroyyy

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 22:38:16 )

Post pic if your nails still look nice lol

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/26 23:28:02 )
@Jolly: I totally get that. I noticed i do that too. More so when the polish is lifting than when it doesn't. Make sure you're properly prepping your nails with rubbing alcohol and buffing the surface gently. And try not to flood your cuticles! :D Hope that helps.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/27 00:43:43 )

@Totalanimefan:
I'll post a pic when i get home! seems that imgur doesn't work on mobile unless i download the app :vanora_xd:
i got pastel colors, but I'm pale, so it might have been a silly choice! i haven't decided yet lmao

@Alorrena:
... i definitely flood my cuticles a bit :,,)
assuming that means getting the paint on them.
I have a hard time seeing where the clear coating went cause it's clear, so i tend to get some excess on my skin.
and I'm clumsy, so i try my best to clean around the skin and cuticles with qutip before i set my hand under the uv haha

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/27 02:50:32 )

@Totalanimefan:
Ah finally home!

Hahh yeah its pretty sloppy and I always keep my nails sort of short so I can man-handle mattresses at work.
my husband wanted me to do the pink color because it matches my house slippers (like, exactly??) and I did a matte
it feels weird and fun, im probably too pale for the color, but I like poking at them :vanora_xd:

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/27 06:56:39 )
@Jolly: you have such nice shaped nails! and i love that color! it's a great "nude" pink for you. Your nails look really good actually! I love Matte top coat because it feels... soft? idk but it feels nice.

Yeah, flooding the cuticles is basically where you get polish on them. The polish tends to pool up there so it's useful to try to leave a small space before you reach the cuticles, or take a cuticle pusher and swipe away the excess product before you cure it. I've been doing my own nails for like 4 years or so, and i have tremors so its extra hard for me to not flood the cuticles, so maybe my tips will help. Maybe not. Besides, peeling them is just so satisfying anyways lol
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/27 13:59:04 )
@jolly: your nails look cute 😍 I've been doing press on nails and doing my besties nails to practice ..eventually I want to be a nail technician.. I'm currently doing pop art ones I'm just waiting on nail tips coming so I can finish them off .. I've been hoarding nail stuff since I was pregnant and now that the child will be going to nursery I will be able to indulge in all my hobbies and I can't wait XD I'm the same as you .. if I paint my own nails I tend to pick and scrape it off .. it really is satisfying lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/27 20:13:33 )

@Jolly: Cute color!
I have the same problem with some colors not matching me cause I'm pale.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 22:22:05 )
too bad, especially for gel nail polish. It's a mess when I try to do it. I stick with professionals for that. With regular polish, I'm ok. Now, I want to get my nails done.
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.