Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Online art courses

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 04:41:38 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

So i recently decided to take online art courses through skillshare and domestika
and i am really excited. I have been feeling really down about my work and why i just feel..im not good enough.
it's been an awful feeling that i feel i can't produce any new art anymore. i just hate it all.

So i finally just put my foot down and decided if i get any purchases in my online shop or commissioned,
i would use the money for some classes.
and i've been browsing some, and i have found at least 5-6 classes via skillshare and 2 on domestika.
They seem super helpful too!
Once i start them I will definitely keep anyone interested, updated how great they have improved my work.

I just felt i can no longer trust my own understanding just from youtube, books, etc
because my brain hyper fixates on the wrong thing due to my adhd and i often lose focus of the actual task.

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 06:28:41 )
Should they keep it on display...

Good luck with those classes! I've heard good things about sites like skillshare, but I'm already in college for art so it'd be a bit overkill (especially financially) for me to try em. Lemme know how they go!

Or redecorate?

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 08:00:06 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@MaxIsConfused: that is understandable.
i could never afford college or desire to go back to school in general.
school is a very scary thing for me lol.

will definitely let you know how it goes.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 14:28:50 )

Yesss I'd love to see your progress on this!
Or just what your take is on skillshare as a service. <3

also I absolutely relate to the last part of that so much xd

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 22:01:03 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Jolly:definitely! I have some in mind. Mostly with lighting and digital painting.
Tho the lighting one is a more in depth and goes into occlusion lighting and just a more in depth lighting course.
as i am struggling with half tones, and mid tones in my digital paintings and how to achieve it without dramatic lighting.
I also have a course for soft and hard edges as well as those two courses are the main ones i need to learn.

Yeah adhd is a pain. I will make a whole plan just for adhd to completely get distracted by something else
and never do it LOL

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.