Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Still dealing with Long Covid

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 15:03:41 )

@sunny: Thank you. I feel like it's a little lame to say that I'm proud of myself haha.
Essays are better because I can look at the textbook while I'm writing and I can take breaks, exams are harder because there is a time limit and I can't look at notes or my textbook. I can't even highlight the text and have the computer read it back to me.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 15:13:50 )
    @Totalanimefan: it’s not lame!!! You survived a disease that is fatal to many, you really should be proud :D
    Oh I see, I guess that makes sense. Being able to take frequent breaks must be useful, and being able to consult with your texts etc. I always preferred exams, they were always over within a couple of hours lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 15:54:34 )

@sunny: Normally I like exams better! I like that you do it and then it's over pretty quickly, but with my brain the way it is, doing exams are almost impossible.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 16:49:34 )
    @Totalanimefan: :( I hope it improves soon! What rotten timing :( I'm sure you will get your brain back to how it was!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 19:48:39 )

@sunny: Same here. I feel like each week I'm a bit better, so maybe over time it will go away? I'm working on an essay today and I feel like it's a lot easier than the one I did two weeks ago, but that could also be because this class is easier.
After this essay is done (hopefully today) I want to work on another one tomorrow. I also have a job interview tomorrow morning at 11am my time.
And thank you for chatting with me so much in this thread. Your encouragement really means a lot to me.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/4 15:27:33 )

@Totalanimefan: i am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with those symptoms. ;c i hope they will get better and you will have a full recovery

bloop

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/4 16:01:05 )
    @Totalanimefan: thats ok, we are friends :)
    Good luck with your job interview, although i guess you've already had it by now. How did it go? I hope you get the job!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/4 19:41:56 )

@Bonnie: Thank you. I'm taking vitamins and going for walks often and I think they are helping? I feel like each week I'm a little better.
@sunny: Thank you. It went well actually! But it was hard to get to the interview, I woke up with GI issues, and then my outfit I had picked out was stained, so I went with a backup, then allergies made my mascara run and I walked into the wrong building at first lol. But the interview itself was good and I feel like unless there is someone better than me, I got the job.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/5 21:05:04 )
    @Totalanimefan: that's great news!! Are they going to call you to let you know? Hopefully it's soon 🤞

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/5 22:37:57 )

@sunny: I think they said next week I would know? But I don't know which day next week.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 14:05:42 )
    @Totalanimefan: that's good! I bet it's nerve wracking having to wait!!!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 15:34:43 )

@sunny: Yeah it is, and I have friends coming from the UK the same week that the job probably starts. ^^; But then again, that's if I get it, and my husband is off so he could show them around during the day.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 17:08:02 )

@MaxIsConfused: I just wanted to say that I've been using the link you send me. I used it to copy and paste sections of my essay to proofread it. I would listen and if something sounded wrong or I used the wrong word, I would be able to catch it. I wrote two essays this week and I don't know if I could have done the proofreading part without the Natural Readers link. :)

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/7 17:04:18 )
Should they keep it on display...

Totalanimefan:

@MaxIsConfused: I just wanted to say that I've been using the link you send me. I used it to copy and paste sections of my essay to proofread it. I would listen and if something sounded wrong or I used the wrong word, I would be able to catch it. I wrote two essays this week and I don't know if I could have done the proofreading part without the Natural Readers link. :)

Oh I'm so happy that it helped you! I usually use it for longer reading assignments, but proofreading is a good use for it too!

Or redecorate?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/7 19:56:49 )

@MaxIsConfused: I'm very lucky that my textbook has a built in e-reader/text to speech reader. Otherwise I would also use the link you gave me for the same thing.
When I'm done with an essay I'm normally do done with reading and looking at a screen that I need someone else to do it for me, or I need to take a break and then come back and read it. With this I can do it right away without bothering anyone else.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.