Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee ! Newbie Alert !

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 13:34:02 )
Hi, I'm Toby! As you can see by my username I'm super creative.
All sarcasm aside, creativity is actually why I decided to join, I've been itching to do some profile shenanigans and the avatars here are absolutely darling. I adore small communities like Voltra and I'm excited to meet new friends!

I'm 27, he/him, enjoy reading, writing, D&D and video games.

I'd love to get to know you, tell me about your day!

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 16:09:21 )
Welcome, Toby!

What kinda stuff do you like to read? :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 16:13:33 )

@Toby: Hey welcome to Voltra. It's a small but active community. People like seeing newbies so just jump on into the forums. Don't be afraid haha
You're avatar is already pretty cute.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 18:57:56 )
    Welcome to Voltra :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 20:27:09 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Welcome hope youl have fun here!
I also play dnd (every sunday), Is there any campaign your in and character you could talk about? i just love seeing that kinda stuff lol

Im curently playing a Half tiefling half dragonborn multiclassing rouge and bard ( whold mouthfull aaa)
His name is Gwilym and hes the designated grumpy and sassy one, he also has a horse sized dog called Ypi he brings with him everywhere
Some pictures:

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 21:20:09 )
Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I'm not sure of the etiquette here re @'s, it's a nifty little feature but apologies if it's annoying, I'll learn.

@Shark: I'm making my way through the classics at the minute (just finished Frankenstein and 1984) to improve my overall literacy but I think Dune will be my next read because I really enjoyed the movie. If you have any book suggestions I'd love to hear them!

@Totalanimefan: Well thank you very much for the compliment, even the commons here are cute, your avatar is super pretty! Gives me winter stardust witch vibes.

@Stinky: I'm a sucker for grindy management games, recently got back into Graveyard Keeper. I also frequent MMOs, my favorite being GW2, how about you, what do you play?

@sunny: Thank you very much, your avatar is cute!

@GoblinsAndTea: I love your character! Ypi is so adorable. I'm a bit of a forever DM and artistically challenged so no art but what I do have is the map of my current campaign. I love this place with all my heart, I homebrewed the pantheon and had my players fighting a (damaged) god in the first session!

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 21:33:32 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Toby: Oooh i see! I also play in a homebrew DMd by my bestfriend. Sometimes she gets the chance to play when somebody hosts a oneshot but thats not regular lol. But she loves what she does!

And i must say DMing is alot of work, my friend talks about it alot to me and i just dont get how you ppl keep doing it and tolerate some of the bullshit of the players lol

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 21:40:22 )
@GoblinsAndTea: I sometimes get to play in holiday one shots but they usually involve a lot of drinking so my characters get as sloppy as I do aha, it's a lot of fun being a player but I do think I prefer DMing. I love player tomfoolery! In no way am I insulting my players but it's like handing a priceless artifact to a toddler and seeing how quickly they can fuck it up and I get to pretend I have everything planned out :')

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/29 22:47:10 )

@Toby: I think most people like the @ but if they don't they will let you know.
Yeah we have great commons, and really good event items too. I would say best event items I've ever seen on an avatar site. I'm glad you like it, I've had it for over a month but I feel like I can't make anything better atm XD
By the way, what kind of items do you like, I can give you some past ones I have extras of.

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 03:21:29 )
@Toby: Oh nice! I haven't read many classics, but of what I've read, I liked Frankenstein the best. I gotta reread that someday. I'm rereading House of Leaves right now, so if you haven't read that one, I'd recommend it. :3

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 09:03:13 )
@Toby: hallo and welcome to voltra i hope to see you around :D

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 19:57:51 )
Welcome! Be sure to check out TotalAnimeFan's Charity for your common needs! Everyone here's super nice and i hope you like it here!
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 21:51:57 )

Head In The Clouds~ (Ping Please!)

@Toby: Welcome to Voltra! Might check out the Newbie Guide for info that might be helpful. :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 22:41:16 )

Welcome to Voltra!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/1 11:04:51 )
@Stinky: Weirdly although I'm an MMORPG lover I actually haven't tried or know much about ffxiv, is it sub based?

@Totalanimefan: I'd have to agree on the endorsements for the event items, I was looking through the past items and they're easily some of the nicest I've seen! I've actually been spoiled rotten already with trades of gifts from other users and I want for nothing, but thank you very much for the kind offer.

@Shark: While I loved the story I spent a lot of time ranting about how much I disliked Victor to my partner :') I've not actually heard of House of Leaves but I'm always excited to read from authors that try different approaches to writing, ergodic writing is so cool! Do you have a physical or electronic copy?

@Miss Sandman: Hello and thank you! I'm not entirely active right now but you'll probably catch me around :)

@Alorrena: Thank you for the welcome, and again another thank you for the very generous gifts you sent! I'll have to give that charity a peruse, the commons here are gorgeous.

@PoeticTorment: Thank you for the welcome and the guide suggestion, I gave it a good read. Also a big thank you for the welcome gifts! And I'd like to add your artwork on Instagram is lovely, and you're so talented across so many mediums!

@Anarchist Beauty: Thank you for the welcome, your avatar is so pretty, gets me excited for spring.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/1 15:35:31 )

Head In The Clouds~ (Ping Please!)

@Toby: Oh, not a problem! I figured if anything, the quick links to the item previews or price guide might have been useful.
And thank you, I can say I 100% have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to any of that. Lol

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/1 16:33:37 )
@Toby: iam a mom so iam not much around either but i still love to make Avatars and chilling here :D
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/1 18:58:19 )
@Toby: oh no xD I remember liking him despite him being an idiot. But I liked the side characters a lot.

hell yeah :3 I've got a physical copy. One of the most awe-inspiring books I've read.

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/1 23:32:13 )

@Toby: Thank-you! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 00:31:01 )

@Toby: Yes they really are. Hopefully you can experience an event on Voltra too because they are a lot of fun. Please let me know if there is anything in the future that you want. I run a charity, and I have a lot of past event items. :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.