Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 00:54:53 )

Hello!
I joined a few days ago and so far I've been loving the experience. I was a part of gaia back in the old days and recently went down a route of nostalgia before finding Voltra.
I'm Jay! I'm 25 and an artist/art educator. I'm also a witch and collector of crystals and houseplants (that I am trying my best not to kill).
Also, currently home sick from work and looking for a good show to binge- suggestions welcomed!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 01:16:31 )

@jaynaiir: Hi welcome. Awesome that you made a thread. Now I feel like I can welcome you for real.
What kind of shows do you like? If you like anime there are a lot of good ones on Crunchyroll and Netflix
For action I like FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Stein's Gate (that one is also Sci-Fi), and Cowboy Bebop (not live action)
Comedy you could watch Saiki K, Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun, and Komi-san Can't Communicate

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 01:26:13 )

@totalanimefan: hahah, thank you for the push to make the post!
I don't watch a ton of anime, but I have seen some! I've been meaning to give Cowboy Bepop a shot, my boyfriend loves it. Also not the live action, I heard it was an atrocious butchering of the anime. I've seen some of Saiki K and I loved the weird 4th wall breaks and self-awareness. I should give it a full watch! Thanks for the suggestions!
My boyfriend also wants to go through Jojo with me, so that's on the anime to-watch-list, as well.

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 01:40:22 )
Should they keep it on display...

Fellow witch AND artist!!!
I'm a 2D Animation student, still in freshman year and doing it online.
I have a small collection of crystals and candles, a bunch of incense, and a tarot card deck (it's Mystic Mondays in case you are curious about it)! I'm apparently really good at tarot card readings.

Or redecorate?

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 02:12:22 )

@maxisconfused: Hey!! I recently (oh my god it was 2020 thats two years ago time doesnt exist) graduated with my BFA in painting/drawing! Animation and doing it through online classes sounds like a boatload of work. I hope its fun and exciting though! Freshman year for me was incredible and exhausting. I swear they throw as many tedious assignments at you as possible in order to weed out people. They basically said as much at my college hahah. They also make all the freshman art courses start at 8am.
Also oo what your favorite crystals from your collection?
Mystic Mondays is so colorful! I always see it on insta. My current decks are the Prisma Visions deck (almost van gogh-esque in the way the brush strokes are), the Ethereal Visions deck (art nouveau inspired), and the Normal Tarot deck (which contrary to its name is very abnormal and wonderful)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 08:10:41 )

Welcome to Voltra!
      I am loving your avi and post style! So cute! ^-^

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 12:16:07 )
@jaynaiir: hey and welcome! For series on netflix i can recoment
Drama:
13 reasons why

Horror:
Hounting of Hill house
Hounting of Bly manor
Midnight Mass

Crime:
Mindhunter

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 15:16:37 )

@jaynaiir: I just assumed anime cause of my username haha. I'm always watching anime. It's also so common for people to have seen some that I just am like, they probably want to watch anime haha.
Jojo is good, but very intense. I can only watch like one or two eps at a time but it's well written and well animated. The newest one, Star Ocean, has a female as the lead and it's great. Saiki K is so funny. It's a great show that makes everyone laugh. Do you watch it in Japanese or English?

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 15:58:05 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Thank you! Im also digging your avi's nature vibe.

@stinky: hello! Thank you for the welcome!

@miss sandman: I'm personally not a fan of 13 reasons why because of the way they handled mental illness and showing triggering scenes without warning. I heard they got better about that, but its just not my bag. HOWEVER I absolutely looooove Haunting of Hill House and Bly Manor. I havent given Midnight Mass its fair shake yet because the first episode didnt grip me the same way Hill House and Bly did. But, Im guessing its just a slower build so I should definitely revisit it! As for crime, I've never heard of Mindhunter, so I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestions!!

@totalanimefan: hahah, thats fair! Whether I watch them in a sub or dub depends on the series. Like I watched Fruits Basket as a kid, so Im used to the dub and its whats nostalgic for me. Saiki K I watched the dub on the few episodes I've seen because it has a voice actor from Fruits Basket. Jojo we are going to watch the sub. I've only seen one ep so far and I'm intrigued. I know for anime its usually that the original japanese thats seen as better, and I'm good with subs (I've seen a lot of kdramas). Sometimes though I like multitasking so the dub is better for that hahah

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 17:19:07 )
Should they keep it on display...

@jaynaiir: I graduated highschool in 2020! agreed that time does not exist tho LOL
There have been some assignments that seemed unnecessary, but I've been getting things done fine. The classes are all asynchronous, and they are 8 weeks long, two classes at a time. People really have been like "oh you're on college easy mode" but being mentally disabled, it is still pushing me without overwhelming me to the point of a meltdown.

My favorite crystal I have is in a necklace charm. It's rose quartz, carved into a skull and wrapped in a wire cage. It's super pretty, got it at a ren fair.

Or redecorate?

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 18:15:26 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Welcome! Hope youl have fun here ^^

Some series i sugest:
Our flag means death
Good Omens
Arcane
Centaurworld (DONT BE MISGUIDED BY THE ARTSTYLE!!)
Kipo and the age of wonderbeasts

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 21:48:46 )
@jaynaiir: hi and welcome! I’m also an artist and witch though neither in a professional capacity haha. I also work with crystals and love having plants around when I can (current living conditions don’t allow for it unfortunately)

Don’t really have any show suggestions (my wife and I just watched The Crown and enjoyed it but we’re history weirdos and idk that it’s everyone’s cup of tea, so to speak)

Hope you find something to watch and feel better soon!

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 22:04:24 )
@jaynaiir: in germany they made some huge trigger warnings before the Seasons and before the episodes they have explicit themes

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 22:20:18 )

@miss sandman: good! I'm glad they added that! I watched it when it first came out back in 2017 and they didnt do that for the US
and they showed the actual s****** in detail without a warning. It was not the best for my mental health at the time
There are some things I think the show did do well though. Like showing how the bystander effect can come into play in a harmful way.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 22:41:20 )

@jaynaiir: Thank-you! I made her so long ago, I was itching for spring to come as quick as possible to use her. lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 22:41:48 )

@GoblinsAndTea: Thank you!! I looove Good Omens. I've recently acquired the book too, so I want to give that a read. Atla is also wonderful. I've never heard of the other ones so Im adding them to my check out list, I like your taste so far!

@synth: Thank you! What are your favorite crystals and plants? My current fave crystals that I have are labradorite, satin spar (reminds me of the fortress of solitude for some reason haha), my rutilated quartz tower, and the small piece of lepidolite I have. I honestly have so many other favorites too, but these are my recent faves to work with and look at. As for plants, my apartment is extremely dark. So my plants almost entirely rely on grow lights. My current experiments have been with trying to keep dieffenbachia, bamboo, snake pants, and a prayer plant alive. Otherwise I have pothos and spider plants all over the apartment because they can deal.

@maxisconfused: Don't let people saying that get to you! College in any form can kick your ass. Especially with health problems- mental or physical both! Sounds like you're doing a smart move for you which is all that matters. Work is work whether you are taking it all at once or spreading it out. My brother is currently taking single classes or two classes at a time, and thats what works for him. Honestly I probably should have done the same at some point. College broke me down a few times and left me with a lot to sort through afterward, mental health wise. I also have an autoimmune disease that is agitated by stress, so that was super. My thesis show was actually on it (my thesis was also not paintings despite being a painting/drawing major hahah, my professors were at least lenient with that). Anyway, college rant aside- your rose quartz skull sounds sick!

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 23:03:17 )
@jaynaiir: I looooove labradorite and pothos! I had a pothos at my last apartment that I propagated and had several little babies from. Had to give them away to neighbors when I moved and I hope they’re doing well.

I love a good chunk of quartz even if that’s boring lmao. Right now my favorite that I have is a fluorite tower that I got from a rock shop a few years ago. It has so many colors and layers and settled my anxiety to look at it, and I like to use it as a focus point in spell work
ping me for best results

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 23:59:45 )
@jaynaiir: i just watched it and they said if you got mental ptoblems you shouldnt watch it. And i liked it for this warnings. My bf and i are shouting Master of puppets and its so wholesome though xD
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/10 00:32:56 )

@synth: Yess, pothos is so easy to prop and take care of. I love it! I have golden pothos all around my apartment in pots, jars of water, and propagation stations. I also have a snow queen pothos and I love her. I'm sorry you had to give yours away!! I hope you get to keep plants soon. If not, fake plants help even though they aren't alive. Also, fluorite is so pretty! I want a tower of it so badly. I have little fluorite octahedrals, but thats all. And they're just green, they dont have the purple in them. Yours sounds beautiful and I'm glad it helps you with your anxiety and spellwork!

@miss sandman: aw, sounds like a wholesome fun time!

Hear now the words of the witches,
The secrets we hid in the night…

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/10 01:57:39 )

@jaynaiir: I LOVE Fruits Basket. Did you watch the 2019 version? (the other is from 2001). I also love that cast and watched it in English too. Super good. I've watched Saiki in both. I love Jerry Jewell's voice. In Japanese Saiki's voice is awesome too because his actor is sooo deadpan and it's just awesome.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.