Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I’m buying a new house!

Donator — I am Cat Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/25 07:31:09 )
@Totalanimefan:
DC? I was born there! I was born
in Walter Reed Maternity. The old building
where I was born is no longer there though.
DC seems to understand that pets are very popular
and most people have at least one. Why can't GA realize
this? I absolutely hate it down here.... But it is what I can
live through till I have the ability to move...

And ice maker is something! Is the idea of moving making
you feel anxious or nervous at all? DC is covered in crazy highways/interchanges.
This one specifically is in VA, but my aunt just sent me a sky
view of the new interchange near the area she lives in called the Spaghetti.....
And it looks extremely confusing! Here is an areal of it.
I would not dare drive on this road! Woo!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/25 15:52:57 )

@YukiThePanda: I don’t live somewhere where I have to drive a car. I’m glad because I have driven in the DC suburbs and they are terrifying lol
It’s very pretty in DC but the cost of living isn’t cheap. I’m a little bit nervous but I’ve done the moving thing before and the buying a house thing before. The downside is it’s not built yet so I haven’t actually seen the unit lol. But I think it will be great.

Donator — I am Cat Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 02:07:19 )
@Totalanimefan:
Oh my goodness... I wish I lived in walking
distance from local stores/shops!! That would be awesome!
DC and Va roads are terrifying. But yes, DC is absolutely beautiful!
The cherry blossoms are the best thing to watch! And the
aquarium and zoo are pretty cool too! I have panda pennies from
when I went there years ago.
I see. Not being able to view a place before a decision is pretty
nerving... But you're able to wait till they finish in; you said October?
The other place you guys are considering will still be there, right? Jic
you guys don't like the condo?

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 02:42:16 )
Omg that is awesome! That view is

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 06:12:53 )

@Luffer Nutter: Totally agreed! I'll be pretty close to the river so I'll be able to see that. :)

@YukiThePanda: Agreed that within walking distance is the best. I don't know if I would live here if I had to live like an hour away from DC. If so, I would just live somewhere like where I grew up in Florida. There you need a car all the time but it's cheaper to live there. And no snow.
Cherry Blossom season is almost here! Probably like 3 weeks away. :) I've been to the Zoo once and the Aquarium in Baltimore once. I really liked them both. :)
If we hate the condo we could just live in it for a year and then move. The market is just going up and going up so we would make money off of it. But I think that we will really like it because we like condo life a lot better than single family home life. I know that's like the opposite of what most say, but I've done both and I would rather have someone take care of the roof and the foundation and shoveling snow.
We will be able to go on a hard hat tour in May-ish, maybe early June. I'm excited for that.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 18:47:53 )
hella nice! glad to see that you've got a good place to live at some point. :]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 19:41:35 )

@Pelontrix: Thank you <3 And just in case your wondering, I'm a bit older than you. I'm 30 and my husband is 35. From about 18-27 we were very poor. Like can barely afford the rent and we work two jobs poor. But then my husband got an opportunity to work not retail and code for a living, so we moved from where my family was and he started doing that job. After him having it for many years we can finally afford a not to rent lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 19:59:10 )
@Totalanimefan: i'm 19.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 20:36:15 )

@Pelontrix: Yeah I remember you saying that in another thread. I didn't want you to think that I was buying a place at 19 too ^^;

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 20:44:21 )
@Totalanimefan: god, i'd hope not, otherwise i'd've had to demand that you redistribute your wealth! haha.
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator — I am Cat Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 07:30:30 )
@Totalanimefan:
Sorry... Been really busy... But we're moved into our new place!

Okay.... first off.... Snow is amazing. Annoying to deal with...
But amazing. Granted I haven't dealt with snow in over a decade... So
I don't even know what it's like anymore... It saddens me.
Oh the Baltimore Aquarium is really nice! I love seeing their whale shark
there! And their little penguin show is the cutest! Last time I went to the DC zoo
it was under construction in certain areas. So we weren't able to tour the whole
zoo sadly.
Take a ton of pictures! Or have a picnic! I don't know if they still allow people
to picnic there. Or during the festival. But a simple walk through while the petals
fall is also nice!
Okay, that's cool! And it's not too much longer till May or June! And yeah. You're right.
That's how we are right now. We aren't happy with the price we're paying. So come next Feb,
hopefully we will find a cheaper place. But this apartment is really nice. Has a single family
home feel without being one. And there's a lemon tree in the back yard! Which is cool. They're
huge! Size of a grapefruit!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.