Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Nope, should have said nope

Donator — A.I. Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/26 16:39:05 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

Something like two weeks ago my manager messaged me and asked if I would be willing to work a double shift on the Saturday after Thanksgiving since I'd be off Thursday and losing those hours / pay...and of course I want to be a people pleaser so I said yes (couldn't care less about the money though I should lmao).

I should not have said yes

Now I'm sitting here thinking of all the things I won't be able to do tomorrow morning and it's not even TOMORROW YET!

Yikes I need to focus and get as much done as I can. |D Brain pls work with me for once

TL;DR I'm a child who regrets having agreed to work tomorrow RIP

// AI-COM : return [ Virtual . Integrated . Intelligence ] // end of line
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/26 17:01:13 )

That’s how I feel every time I agree to work on my days off. It’s like yeah I’m making money, but then the instant regret sets in as I realize I could also be resting or doing art. ==;

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Admin — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/26 17:16:03 )
@Vii: Next time have them ask me for you. Haha I'll make sure this never happened again. The power behind the word "no" is liberating. Sometimes you just need to focus on yourself and not others.
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/26 18:23:00 )
Good luck! My SO had to be up by 5am this morning to get to work for Black Friday... he hates working BF but every year they schedule him even though he asks for off, and he's been their 14 years.

Donator — Any Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/26 18:52:01 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
i do this too lol
its like the words escape my mouth and my brain is like ?!?!?!??! NO WE DIDNT WANT THAT

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/27 09:50:19 )
Oh no... I have never worked a day in my life (for many reasons). I always try to please everyone by saying yes to more than I should. I also try to fix things when I shouldn't or manage to stick my nose into things that are none of my business.

However! I have been doing better at putting my mental and physical health first as it's better if I am honest about how I feel.

I lash out without meaning to when under pressure, my husband tells me when I am doing good at speaking up for myself when I do in a calm manner, and it's becoming more so that than stressing myself into a massive melt down, so it's reassuring.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/29 15:03:25 )
    I stopped being a people-pleaser after my last job. It was pretty baffling to see all the ways that my university would try to take advantage of students and that 'people-pleaser,' 'don't-say-no-because-it's-networking' attitude. I just genuinely did not care if the professionals in that area thought I wasn't a 'team player' because I wouldn't work without pay or a guarantee of a recommendation. Alumni were probably the worst offenders, though; they knew the game and so they would offer these super shitty positions with even shittier pay and students would drool for it.

To be honest, even a small employer does not give a shit if you don't wake up tomorrow so there's no reason to sacrifice yourself for them.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.