Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hello! How are you doing? :3

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 03:27:11 )
Soo, I haven't been here before, at least, I don't think so? Anyways!

Hi, my name is Heather, but, please, call me V or Vegan, thank you. I am 31 years young, born in Oregon, USA, and currently live in the Netherlands.

I am a video-game streamer (not full-time, just for a hobby at times, and feel like having a platform like this away from that is very nice and comforting).

I moved here to close the long-distance gap that I had with my husband (he was born here and we met online while I was streaming).

I identify as she/they. I am an INFP-T type personality if it helps and when it comes to the Enneagram test, I haven't taken the official one, but, I have taken many tests online and most often I get 4w3 or 4w5. My life-path number for those curious is 1, and my astrology sign is Cancer.

Video games I enjoy are:
Shadow of the Colossus, Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, The Sims franchise, Kingdom Hearts, Minecraft (vanilla + modded), and much more.

Music I enjoy can changes based on my mood, however, bands/artists I really enjoy are:
The Midnight, Dance with the Dead, Armin van Buuren, Periphery, Animals as Leaders, Unleash the Archers (and many more).

I am still learning more about astrology and so for those who are into it, my other signs are:
( Pisces Moon, Capricorn Rising, Leo Mercury, Gemini Venus and Aries Mars ).

Much like my username says, I am a Vegan, I am fairly vocal about it and tired of explaining to people often that, no, it's not a diet, rather, a lifestyle, but, I can get how people confuse it with a plant-based diet. (Spoiler ahead for those wondering is a little bit of ranting on my behalf xD).

(Also, yes, haha... I get it, some people can't give up certain things and that's okay, I am not here to judge you. - Another 'joke' I get told often is, "How do you know someone is Vegan? Don't worry, they will tell you." /or/ "(first half), Don't worry, they will shove it down your throat." I find more people tell others I am Vegan instead of myself when it comes to ordering food (meanwhile, I suffer from many allergies and so when I ask places if something contains egg or dairy, it's because I actually have allergies).

ANYWAYS! I was searching for websites similar to Ernya (RIP, my username was Horror).

Someone recommended this site through Gaiaonline in the forums saying it gives off a very similar feel.
(I have had my account there since 2003, but, use my 2005 account still the username is different than what I use here).

I have to say? I agree, I love it so much here already and I hope to get to know you all more! I hope you all have a lovely day ahead!

ps:
This is nothing against anyone if I don't reply right away to messages/replies, I'm getting used to this website and will reply asap. :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 03:36:57 )
    hey! This place is fairly popular with Ernyan refugees. Welcome to the site, we're having an event right now so I hope that you can join in! :)

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 03:45:18 )
@sunny: Thank you so much! I am not sure where to find this 'event'. I am still getting the lay of the website!
ps; I love your avatar/page, it looks so pretty~ usually not a fan of bright things too much, but, it just works?!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 03:57:21 )
    @Vegan: it's in the event forum, or you can click the pixellated door in the header :) the current challenge is a cipher.

& thank you, I did it years ago but I'm glad you like it!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 04:12:58 )

Hello! Welcome to Voltra! I used to be on Ernya as well

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 04:14:08 )
@sunny: Hah, I am not great at ciphers! But, I shall poke around and find out what you are referring to. ^-^'

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 04:15:27 )
@Starlight: Aw, thank you so much! I love your profile as well! The pastel rainbow is a nice touch!

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 04:31:46 )
Hey, welcome! ^^ I think a lot of us used to be on Ernya

I like similar music :3

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 04:34:44 )
@Shark:
Thank you so much! I just checked your profile and see 'NLSS', is that by any chance Ryan you are referring to? o__O
(Because if so, I love NL and just relax to his content sometimes, I haven't watched much NLSS lately).

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 04:40:03 )
@Vegan: It isss! I mostly watch related streamers now, like HCJustin and DumbDog. But I still watch NL once in a while. :)

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 04:44:00 )
@Shark:
Small world we live in where you can go on a forum to find a fellow NLSS fan. xD;
LOVE DumbDog. I have been watching Steven with DD, Koji, and Ellum play Uno.
Good times, good times. Glad we connected! I hope you have a lovely day ahead!

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 04:46:03 )
@Vegan: Hell yeah. Those guys are a blast. :D

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 04:50:16 )
@Shark:
Agreed.. "matchies!" xD

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 05:24:50 )

@Vegan: Thank you!

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 05:26:44 )
@Starlight:
No problem! :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 06:20:40 )

Welcome to Voltra!

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 07:53:08 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Vegan: Hello!! I hope youl have fun here ^^
It seems that we live in neigbouring countries :^D (im from belgium)
Do you speak any dutch? and was it hard getting used to living somewhere else?
And i must say i also love all those games!

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 08:04:51 )
@Anarchist Beauty:
Thank you so much! Love the username! :3

@Kory:
Heyy! Thanks so much! Yea, I was as well, it made me sad once I found out the page just couldn't sustain itself anymore and had to be shut down, but, this feels so similar to it that it's very comforting in a way if that makes any sense.

Yeaaa, I feel like I do judge sometimes and I do my best not to because I realize that I too was once so uninformed about many things and so it's not my place to judge. Do I wish more people would be open-minded? Sure. I also now understand that not everyone can do it especially since it takes a lot of changing your lifestyle around for Veganism, as far as eating Plant-Based, it's easier to switch over to replacements than to plants (which I am working on).

I still eat a lot of junk replacements myself and it's a very hard habit to break. So whenever people tell me, "I don't get why you're vegan if you're gonna eat something similar to meat." my response always has been, "I eat replacements because I liked the foods I ate before, I just hated the cruelty."

If you ever need help with finding recipes? I got chu! :3 I love helping others find new recipes they wouldn't have thought of! :3

Stardew Valley is great! Who is your preferred spouse?! I love Leah so much, I haven't seen many of the people's storylines, I do like Penny a lot though and my husband in real life reminds me so much of Harvey, it's adorable. :3 The game ripped at my heart from the beginning intro scene though. ;__;

@GoblinsAndTea:
Hello friend! I love your username! xD Thank you so much friend! o: That's cool you are nearby! I uh... I am not used to the language no. I moved here on a one-way ticket and got approved for my 5-year residency a week before lockdown, (February 11th, 2020). ^__^; So, uh..- "Ik spreek een beetje Nederlands." xD As far as adjusting to moving, it was hard because it was my first time moving out of my parents' place, my one way ticket here was December 28th, 2019 and I miss my parents very much despite different viewpoints, etc. So in a way? It's been hard yes, but, worth it.

That's awesome you love the same games! :3 Which spouse do you love for SDV? As well as, have you played the re-make for SotC?! It's so beautiful, I need to play it, but, I did watch Jacksepticeye do his playthrough of it and I had glossy eyes the whole time, loaded the game up once I got a PS4 for myself with my 'check' that we all got in the states with the remake and ugh, I bawled so much.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 08:21:04 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Vegan: Een beetje is al een goed begin! :^D
Ive heard from people dutch can be quite hard to learn and tbh even tho its my mother language i still mess up lol.
Im happy it was worth it for you! But its definitly understandable you miss your family.

My SDV spouse is Harvey lol. My friend got me SDV years ago bc she thought id like it (i did) and i just loved Harvey so much and i have no idea why. I rebought the game on my switch somewhere last year i think and ive tried other ppl but Harvey just has a special place in my heart :'^)
I personally havent played SotC, however im a big JackSepticEye fan (i think i started watching him late 2014/early 2015). And like the man cant shut up about it... for a good reasen! Its an awsome game!!

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 08:49:53 )

@Vegan: Thank-you!
        Had this baby for like thirteen years now.
        Nothing can top 15 year old me's mind. xD
        She was going places.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.