Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/16 07:23:29 )

@MoodyB: People get too protective of their works sometimes.

Overusing words, I feel like I'm having that problem lately.
        I feel like I use the word 'though' too often in my fics.
        And I definitely over use 'like' in most conversations.

That's dumb, good on ya for being rid of him.
        I relate to that though, I get consumed my things and people sometimes.
        Case and point being I've been watching movies and things lately specifically because of the actors in them.
        Sebastian Stan is the reason I finally watched The Martian, and he's part of why I watched The Devil All the Time. And I'm definitely watching the new shit he's gonna be in, like The 355, Pam & Tommy, and Sharper.
        Daniel Bruhl is responsible for getting me to watch Rush and The Alienist.
        Chris Evans is the reason I watched Snowpiercer and am interested in watching Defending Jacob.
        I'm a weak woman when it comes to pretty men. XD

OC's are fun as hell.
        I love all my idiots. XD

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/16 08:24:52 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Good Job Becky, I’m proud of you

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/16 08:29:24 )
@Anarchist beauty: that's wonderful! congratulations on doing it. i know it feels vulnerable doing it but i always appreciate more art put out into the world and i hope for others to appreciate it too
what platform did you and your friend make the writing blog on? i've been wanting to make a blog, maybe more tarot focused than writing focused, and i've been unsure about what platform to do it on.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/16 13:45:18 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Congrats, Beauty... and good luck!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/16 21:32:07 )

@Ruby: Wow Karen, that was a surprisingly encouraging comment!
        I knew there was a sliver of decency in there.

@Whimsy: I just use tumblr. lol
        It's the easiest.
        And all that theme code editing and such reminds me of the good old MySpace days. XD

@Wildfire: Thank-you! :D

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/16 21:51:59 )
@Anarchist Beauty: you are quite welcome. :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/16 22:00:51 )

@Wildfire: Now to try and keep doing it. xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 00:03:50 )

I know I only posted the first one last night, but I posted another one just now. XD
        What can I say, I was inspired. lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 00:21:53 )
@Anarchist Beauty: one step at a time. Repeat. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 00:45:14 )

@Wildfire: Slow and steady. lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 00:45:57 )

I'd link it, but idk what Voltra's policy on that is.
        Cos it's, aaahhh, little spicy. lmao

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 06:47:09 )
@Anarchist Beauty: now that you mention it i see the similarities to myspace!
i still miss livejournal :viocry: dreamwidth is difficult to connect on, although i like it best features-wise for blogging

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 08:13:37 )

@Whimsy: It's one of the genuinely good thing about tumblr. lol
        I don't have much.... Or any experience with other blogging sites though.
        So I know nothing else. lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 10:24:12 )
@Anarchist Beauty: i should do more on tumblr other than just reblogging things.
are you posting original stories there, or fanfic?
i've heard people like tumblr for rp too.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 11:01:49 )

@Whimsy: My tumblr life until this side blog has been nothing but just reblogging things. lol
        I'm a fanfic writer, I've dabbled in original fiction and such but I prefer the general ease of fanfiction.
        Less characters to flesh out bc hey look, that one's premade. XD
        Yeah, I hear there is a large, active community of RPers on tumblr.
        I find them sometimes when I'm looking for new themes bc some RP blogs have the BEST themes.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 11:03:09 )
@Anarchist Beauty: i love writing fanfiction! i definitely know what you mean by ease. it's just so much fun to write, and for me, self-indulgent too.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 21:45:44 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Anarchist Beauty: yeah and some people really do not understand
between inspiration and copying too.

i have such a hard time not saying like. One time i said it too much out loud in middle school
everyone thought i was a valley girl. It was a nervous stuffer when i explained things.

Haha i am glad i am not the only one.
When i dated him i began to get into Kpop and he got annoyed when i got into one specific group
because his sister liked them and played the same four songs..but i do the same LOL.
and i never thought that was bad.
tho glad i dropped him cause their music meant a lot to me.

for real. I have one OC i totally revamped from my life of dating that guy and i hated how her design looked so i think it was
this year i redesigned her and i really like her a lot better.

i also did not realize the site my writing is on..i was only reading the analytics on ONE of my stories.
so I checked my other..and that one had even more reads.
the first one had apparently 18 but the other one had 50.

i might have to read it and see if i can continue it or change it up a bit in case it's super cringe as i wrote that one in 2016.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 22:08:51 )

@Whimsy: It's aaaaallllll about the self-indulgences. lol

@MoodyB: Yeah the whole inspiration vs copying debacle will never be solved bc some people just can't grasp the difference.

In speaking conversation, I don't think I use 'like' too much, but online... It's like 70% of my words. XD
        Same with 'yeah'.
        I feel like sometimes I'll put 'yeah' at the beginning of every reply I make to someone and I can't seem to freaking stop it. lol

We all find our favorite bands and we all listen to their top five tracks on an endless loop sometimes.
        It happens.
        Every time I listen to my music, I think I replay Panic!'s 'Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time' like three times in a row.
        I love it so much. lol

Heeeyyy, get them hits! lol

That's me whenever I read any of my old stuff.
        Nothing but cringe.
        Like oh no no no.
        I used to be this terrible?
        I used to be WORSE?????
        Evil.

I'm currently struggling bc my anxiety is being a dick today and I'm feeling extra unsure about this damn writing blog, and tumblr keeps screwing up with showing me the activity for that side blog.
        So I'm like "well, what do I do? Leave it? Make a new account and move it?"
        I don't want to do that, but I figure this blog is so new and infantile it probably won't make a difference to just make a new account for that blog alone and delete this side blog.
        But then the problem of me being a forgetful piece of crap occurs to me and if I make a separate account for it I might forget it.
        And my god at the end my brain just goes 'delete it all and run away' and I know that's not a smart thing to go through with in the middle of anxiety panic but aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:40:33 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Anarchist Beauty: yeah definitely. and even if some may have took inspiration and without credit
the original just calls them out, but then makes that artist feel terrible
when they could've solved it privately.
a lot of artists i feel just enjoy calling out smaller artists who literally didn't know.

I often use 'yeah' a lot in my speech online especially.
Whenever i am not sure what to say i always put a 'yeah' into the conversation.

Lol yeah. like i always play my fave songs on loop. so I have no idea
what his problem was lol.

I'm hoping it's not terrible but it might not be considering 50 people have read it from 2016 until now.
I'm still amazed people even read it in 2016 despite i forgot it completely.

it was supposed to be a rewritten old story i wrote so many years ago.
but i never really figured out the entire plot since i forgot about it

I hate when anxiety just decides to attack.
i remember when mine occurred i would just delete some of my art off my twitter
because no one looked at my twitter anyways.

it can be very scary to put your stuff out there in the beginning and may want to delete it.
But i always think "if i delete it no one will ever see it."
i usually post my stuff on multiple sites that way people can find it no matter the site.
tho i am not sure if it works with writing too.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 00:02:38 )

@MoodyB: I feel that. Like more established artist just enjoy fucking with people, as if they weren't once that naive kid with a pencil and a dream.
        Some people just seem to get off on humiliating others and that's so damaging to everyone involved.
        It doesn't boost yourself to tear down others, and tearing down others can screw up their own perceptions of their art; regardless of the medium.
        It's so simple to just message the person PRIVATELY and be like "hey, [piece] looks a little too similar to my own work and I feel that that's not a coincedence" and then decide if you want to ask them to remove it completely, or ask them to give inspiration/desgin credit to your shit.
        There is no need for public call out posts until AFTER they refuse and turn into a dick.
        Then call em out all you want, but start in private. Always.

'Yeah' is the placeholder word for online communication. lmao
        I'll be talkig with someone on discord and then finally look to realize, oh my last six messages have all started with 'yeah'.

Fave songs deserve to be played on a loop, because it means they're good enough to listen to repeatedly!
        I've got a few songs that when I'm driving and they come on, I'll play them two, three times before moving on.
        The Panic! song I already mentioned is one, then there's Escape the Fate's 'One For the Money', 'I Think I'm OKAY' from MGK and Yungblud, and 'An Idea For A Movie' by The Vandals are like the top ones I can think of that always get a replay. lol

I'm amazed anyone reads my work. I get over 5 hits on anything and I'm like YEAH BOOOOOIIIIII. XD
        But man, my highest hit count on the fics I have p on ao3 is 1761 (also posted in 2016) and I'm SOARING, and to me it wasn't even that good of a fic.

Anxiety is an ASSHOLE man.
        Just comes out of nowhere.
        No warning music, no scary sound to let you know danger is close, not a warning in sight; just BAM.
        I'm trying to control myself on not making decisions while freaking out, because then I'd just delete everything and regret it all when I finally get my head back on right.
        But it's hard.

I've never had multiple sites to post things on, really, thought I'm sure there are quite a few sites that writing can be posted too.
        tumblr, ao3, and wattpad all come to mind right off-hand.
        But with the blog thing, I wanted to do it to try and reach a bigger audience.
        Which is the stupidest thought to ever act on when you're riddled with stupid anxiety, but hey my brain is stupid.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.