Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — Caffeine Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 18:23:59 )
So I got home from work last night around midnight and neither the bf nor I felt like going to sleep yet, so we picked a movie on Hulu and grabbed some snacks expecting to fall asleep before it was over.

But we made it through the whole thing so I just absently picked another for some background noise thinking "yeah, I'm gonna get sleepy and just pass right out"

Nope, we finished that one too

Cut to me joking about how "I'm turning this off now cause it's probably like 4 am and we should sleep"

and what do you know,

IT WAS 4 AM and neither of us had slept except for me dozing off for about 45 minutes at one point.

So there's the story all about how we accidentally (almost) pulled an all-nighter. Haven't stayed up that late since I was a teenager |D

Still couldn't sleep past 8 AM smdh

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 18:51:59 )

@Alien: Oh no those kind of things suck. Like you had fun, but you really pay for it the next day or two. I'm not good at sleeping in either so I feel you on not being able to sleep in.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 19:03:08 )
I'm going to sleep soon lol

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 19:19:50 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah looking back it was kinda fun and dare I say "quirky" since he's usually asleep / going to sleep when I get home, and I'm usually down for the count within an hour or two! But I'm usually up around 6:30/7 so can't play that game any more c':

@StarBoy: Sweet dreams! I love sleeping but also wish I could just skip it every now and then. c': So many things to do, and the only thing slowing me down is fatigue!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/3 19:39:20 )

@Alien: Maybe if you go to bed a little earlier tonight you will fix your sleeping schedule?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/4 16:52:01 )

We've been staying up too late for a few weeks now. Usually the only thing that can fix it for me is sleeping very little for a few days so that I'm eventually too tired to stay up again. but of course, a single day of staying up later will throw me right back into the pattern. I'm pretty sure I'm just naturally inclined to be a night person, which isn't a good sign for future job prospects...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/4 17:01:30 )
lol! I relate! I did this recently with my husband. It was weird looking at the clock and seeing 3:30 am, and neither of us are types to sleep in.

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/4 17:46:49 )
@Totalanimefan: Went to sleep by 2 last night, so I guess it was just a fluke. c': And my work schedule has finally stabilised so now I can get a steady routine going. |D

@Kory: Tbh I wish I could do that. The one time I successfully pulled an all-nighter and went to work the next day, I was an absolute zombie and kept sneaking into the breakroom to put my head down. Of course by the time I went home I got that second wind and didn't feel like sleeping anymore... >:C

@Count Trashula: Being strictly diurnal is a fairly recent thing in human culture, too. I wish it were still "normal" to be up and about at 3AM without it being a) a party or b) graveyard shift. xD Sounds like you'd be well suited to a big city that never sleeps, though!

@Koah: Yeah he thought it was like 1:30 AM and I just kinda chuckled, knowing full-well that both movies were 2h each. c':

I almost felt cheated, expecting to wake up at like 10AM. But I guess I'm thankful I still got to keep my day and didn't really feel like crap once I started moving around.
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost;
oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/4 18:03:09 )

@Alien: That's great. Hope today goes well for you.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/4 19:10:22 )

@Alien: It's why I try to stick with second shift jobs; I get some daytime and some nighttime. Too bad they're kind of hard to find. Always one extreme or the other, and I am never doing overnights again if I can avoid it. That was the worst. Sometimes I envy day shift people, other times I just resent them. It's incredible how many seem to have actual disdain for anyone who doesn't adhere to their schedule, even if it's for a job.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 01:24:35 )

Hahahaha, sounds like a fun time, though!

The same thing happened with my boyfriend, his mom, and I. We got so caught up watching Squid Game the other day that we didn't realize so much time had passed and it was already past midnight by the time we decided to stop watching.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.