Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Snowing Butterflies

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 17:47:03 )
// AI-COM MNRVA : activate MIDNIGHT EXIGENT(aurora knives)

The butterflies are migrating right now, and oh how I wish I had a dash cam because part of my drive to work for a couple of days was like driving through a flurry of snow

except that snow was butterflies! It was really whimsical and beautiful.

We've had an unprecedented amount of rain over the past couple of months, partly due to monsoons and partly due to the tropical storms over in the east, so all the plants have been exploding out here. Granted, a lot of them are weeds, or otherwise not fond of personal contact, but it's still green and imho looks a lot better than rocks, and obviously grabbed the attention of the butterflies making their way south.

And watching a hundred butterflies dance around in the yard while taking the dogs out was the kind of spiritual refreshment I really needed. The sun was still rising, so everything had that dreamy golden glow; one of the dogs plopped down in the grass and went back to sleep. Absolute Hallmark moment.

It was the first time I'd seen anything like it despite living down here for many years now, so it must have been due to the monsoon season we had. Hopefully next year's is just as strong so the butterflies come back this way!

Amusingly enough, the kitchen manager I work with has a phobia of moths and butterflies, so he wasn't having as fun of a time lol

What's something surreal, serendipitous, or otherwise spectacular that you've had the pleasure of seeing?

// AI-COM : return // end of line
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 19:09:03 )
butterflies??? omg I wanna see butterflies. we hardly have any here.

One magical moment I remember is when I was a kid, and out of nowhere I had the feeling to look up at the sky, and as I did, I saw this beautiful white bird flying above me.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 20:33:52 )
That sounds like a fun experience! Although RIP your car from the bug mess! We get love bugs here a certain time of year, and they get EVERYWHERE, so often get cars caked in them. They're...not nearly as pretty as butterflies.

Some things I've noticed in the sky lately are swallow-tailed kites. I've lived here for years but only noticed them within the last year or so? Not sure if they're new to the area or if they've always been here and I never noticed, but they're so neat to watch! They just hover in the air...like a kite!

One thing that I've seen that took my breath away was the stars. I've lived in/around cities all my life, so don't see a ton of stars very often. But I was visiting my fiancee where he's from for the first time, and we were driving at night along a dirt road to get home. His brother tells him to pull over so I can look at the stars (I don't remember what sparked this idea) but I'm glad he did. I almost cried at the sight.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 02:03:33 )

I've been noticing a lot of butterflies here lately, as well. Probably not as many as where you're at, but way more than usual. I think butterflies are really pretty and they were my favorite thing to draw as a kid!

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 02:27:09 )

That sounds really pretty.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.