Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Talk with me as we gather seeds

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 01:51:04 )

Might as well, lol.

Actually... Who is good with plants here?

I can't keep a plant alive to save my life. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 01:59:57 )

I killed a mint plant I got from TJ's.
I got two plants from a plant pop up in the city and I've kept those alive so far. They are about a month old.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 02:36:16 )
I suck with plants xD I’m not really a plant person in general tho, unless they’re fake lol

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 03:55:00 )

@Totalanimefan: Lol, I've also killed mint, but I bought mine from walmart. My issue is that I forgot to water it, but I couldn't keep it inside due to my mom's cats. They would have ate it. DX

Oh cool, what kind of plants are they?

@Ruby: Makes sense to me. Fake plants are much easier to take care of since they don't require to be watered every so often. xD

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 03:56:21 )
@DragonicKittens: exactly xD I forget things often xD
and less bugs are always a perk too lol

I like how they look in stuff tho, avis and such :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 04:00:12 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'Pokes head in' Hello <:3( )~~

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 14:27:14 )

Replying to many people, so spoiler time lol

@Ruby:
Less bugs are always a perk :) And yeah... When it comes to plants, watering is important and I always forget lol.

I do agree, plant items always look super nice on avis. I've made a few good ones on Gaia with plants, but I don't think I have any of them saved.

@star2000shadow:
Hello there :)

@Ava:
Nothing wrong with that, some people like to garden and others don't. :)

Cucumbers are super good, so I don't blame you for wanting to grow them, as well as herbs. If I was better with plants, I'm sure I'd be growing ones I can eat too.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 17:20:36 )

@DragonicKittens: gaia has so many items now xD lots of good ones but omg its impossible to even know them all anymore lol

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 17:34:35 )

@Ruby: They really do XD Plus recolors can be a pain, especially if you are looking for a certain one. DX

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 17:53:15 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @DragonicKittens: aww Hello hun, HHow goes your day? <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 18:13:57 )

/scrounges up spare seeds
      I'll just..... Take these and run.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 21:19:02 )
    I'm not a plant person, but I've been getting some interest lately. Back home I used to have a table of orchids in the window and they lasted for several years. I think one at my mother's home is about ten years old now. It was surprising how easy orchids could be.

I wouldn't mind some hanging plants, or even a cute bonsai.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 01:46:56 )

DragonicKittens:
[color=#DD9AFF]
@Ruby: They really do XD Plus recolors can be a pain, especially if you are looking for a certain one. DX

Omg so true 😫 and they all have their own color combo names. Which is both nice and a nightmare lol
[/color]

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:53:13 )

@star2000shadow: Its pretty good so far. :) You?

@Anarchist Beauty: My seeds! Wait... Those were just laying there. You can have them lol.

@Ava: Lol, makes sense to me. :) I'd love to take care of a nice flowering plant I like, but I know I'd kill it. XD

@blue: Wow, those are some healthy plants. I'd love to get a bonzai one day too, but I'd be afraid I'd kill it. ^^;;

@Ruby: For sure! DX It really drives me nuts when you are looking for a certain color pallet and the name isn't in the recolor but some odd name.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:55:37 )

@DragonicKittens: yes! Like you have a certain color combo name, like Melty or whatever, and then you have items IN THAT COMBO but they had to be all fancy and name it something completely different and not add the actual name to the tags <.<

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:56:55 )
    @DragonicKittens: I was pretty surprised, too, when I went to visit and it was still there. The blooms had fallen off and they had looked at death (someone brought in an orchid from a grocery store that had mites) but you just shake them out, wash them, and they live again.
    Seriously, orchids are so hearty. And they cycle, too! So the same orchid will bloom many times.

We were just about to throw it out the first time we got it because the blooms had fallen off. By chance we bumped into a friend who was in the local orchid society and she told us how to take care of it.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:59:04 )

@Ruby: Yeah DX One thing I do appreciate on this site is that the recolors of the item are at least included (Unless its a monthly item then its different), that is one thing I've always liked about the items.

@blue: I'll have to keep that in mind when I see orchids again. My only issue is that my cats will try and eat them. :T

Its great when you have friends that can tell you about plants. :)
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 20:00:35 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @DragonicKittens: same, working on getting another item 'nods' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 20:04:22 )

@DragonicKittens: yeah having set colors here really does help lol I wish there were a few more combos we had in non commons, like bubblegum/honey from the in stitches sweater lol but at least being able to get commons in all the colors helps :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 23:29:31 )

@DragonicKittens: You'll never catch me!
      /runs

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.