Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Desolate Village (Kory x Rei Ann)

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/17 23:50:02 )
"Huh, well I hope there are sunsets, it would be shame that you couldn't see something this wonderful again." Sure it might be nice to be in the bright Olympus, but it sounded terrible to her if there was no sunsets or nights. No wonder he had found his godly life to be disappointing. Earth got to experience so many changes. Though she wondered if maybe it was something they could manually change in their own area. Like if he could just wave his hands and turn down the lights. It made her wonder about so many things, but really it seemed like a waste of her time with him to ask about how the gods live.

As he answered her questions about the stars, she was relived to hear that they were able to see them. "Is there really so much light up there? Why? Can't you just turn it down?" She turned to look at him. There was a part of her that wished she could see the sights her was talking about, but another part worried that her eyes would burn from all the brightness. Really she didn't even care if his home had been the underworld, because if she could stay by his side that would be good enough for her.

When he suddenly summoned a fire, she blinked in surprised. She leaned forwarded and placed her hand out in front of her to warm up. "Oh perfect!"" This would be enough to keep her warm. She turned towards him startled when she heard the rip of cloth. What on earth was he doing? She didn't expect to see him tearing his own toga. She would have looked away embarrassed and demanded to know what he was doing. But the strangest thing was happening, as he tore his cloth, the pieces were starting to double. It also seemed as if his toga was repairing it's self. She knew that gods were powerful, but she didn't know they could do that. She wondered what was his purpose for that, but when he laid fabric over her, she realized he had made her a blanket. Just as he warmed his arms around her tightly, she leaned her against his shoulder.

Dorothea had to guess that her shivering had been far to noticeable, and he had decided to fix that. "Thank you Aristide, that feels a thousand times better." If anything, instead of being cold she would be hot. It didn't matter to her though, what was a little sweat, when she could be this close to the man she loved. "Do you have a favorite place in your home?" She knew that for her as a child, her favorite place had been the center of town where his statue was. As an older girl, upset at the world, she hated any place in the village, because it reminder ed her of the damage down.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/18 01:28:52 )
As she was leaning against him she could hear his heartbeat. The steady beating of his heart was almost like a lullaby. The sound was making her feel sleepy. She didn't want to sleep yet. While the last of the suns light was gone normally meant it was time for her to sleep. Today she wanted to ignore that. She wanted to stay awake all night and keep talking with him. She knew that when morning came, she'd have to go home and deal with the fallout. Still the idea her parents would mad, wasn't enough to convince her to leave his side. Sitting this close and feeling the warmth from him and the fire, she felt like a cat laying in the sun.

When he explained the reason for Olympus being so bright she understood somewhat. "Ah that makes sense." She yawned softly after she spoke. She reached up and rubbed her eyes with one of her hands. She could tell he felt a little disappointed. "Sounds like there should be places one could go for vacation. Like slices of the human world, without humans. Bet your fellow gods would like something like that. Though I'm sure some are too proud to admit it." It would be a really good solution for them without having to deal with humans who'd want something.

When he told her his favorite place was him home, she could understand it. With a world so bright, and loud having a place to escape was the best. She knew that it wasn't a place she could ask to see, because humans weren't allowed in Olympus, well unless you were Zeus. But she wondered if he would tell her what it was like. "Would you describe it to me?" She would love to know the places he spent most of his time. She yawned once more and frowned slightly. It seemed that sleep really wanted to over take her tonight. Today had been very exciting and filled with events. It was only natural that she was now starting to feel exhausted. With all the walking, and her weak body, it didn't take much to wear her now. But still, if she slept it would be morning, and she'd have to part from him. That was the last thing she wanted to do.

She didn't comment as he started to pet her head. Though she had to wonder was this how he treated his lovers? It felt like someone one would do with a child or pet? Though she found she really didn't have the energy to ask about it tonight. She never had a lover before, maybe this was something normal? She shook her head slightly, "I don't want to sleep.."She whined slightly, before yawning loudly. His soft touches and his heartbeat were quiet effective at luring her to sleep. She let her eyes fall close, as she was finding trouble keeping them off. "[b]I'm...just going to rest my eyes.[/b} She mumbled sleepily. It wasn't long after that she was sleeping soundly against him.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 00:06:26 )
" Humans can be like that too. So many proud and air headed humans." Like her parents for instance. Who were ashamed that their daughter might feel something for a man they didn't choose. But if they knew that man was in fact Aristide, they would have fallen over themselves to impress him. Really it was pathetic, that in one instance it would be bad and in another they've be shoving her at him, if they knew of his interest. It was enough to make her feel a bit better.

"Oh.." Expect while she didn't care what was on Olympus, she was missing on thing. It would be him. If he had lived in the village, she'd be able to see him more. As he described what his home looked like, Dorothea felt herself slipping into slumber. She tried her best to imagine each detail he was describing. Honestly, it sounded almost like a dream. A place like that couldn't really exist, expect it did it just wasn't meant for mortals. Still she could just see him roaming the halls of his house, or playing his harp. She didn't get to hear everything he said, because she had fallen asleep. In the morning she would kick herself, but wasting precious time with him.

Dorothea slept through the whole night without being disturbed. She did not have nightmares, if anything she had pleasant dreams. She had dreamt about Aristide, the dream was innocent. The two of them had gone on a picnic in a lush place, surrounded by golden fruits and flowers. It was a really nice dream date. When birds began to chirp and the sun started to rise, Dorothea slowly began to wake. She mumbled in her half sleep, and tried to push closer to the source of the warmth. As more time went on, and as the chirping got loudly, any chance she had a sleeping still was gone.

She opened her eyes slowly, and raised her head up. She blinked wearily as she tried to remember just where she was. At first she was confused as to why she was in a forest. It took her a few moments before the days previous events came flooding back. She beamed and turned towards Aristide, so happy that he was still there. "Good Morning" She was a little sad that it was already morning. It would mean that the two of them would have to part for the day.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 02:46:30 )
She beamed at him brightly when he told her morning. She wondered what he had done all night while she had slept. Did he really spend the whole night next to her without moving? "Yes, I did. Did you have a good night? " She blushed when he brushed away from strands of her hair. Oh she really didn't want to leave his side. Especially when she knew at home that there was a fight waiting to be had. Well she'd just have to worry about that later. She only had a few more moments before they'd have to part.

Once he stood, she slowly rose up as well gathering the blanket he made. She yawned loudly as she stretched her body. While it had been nice being so close to him, sitting up in the position while sleeping had been cumbersome. She rotated her neck, which hurt slightly from the angle she had slept in. When her gaze met his, she mirrored his sad expression. It was time for both of them to go home. She really wished they could spend more time together, but she had already ] so much of his time. She didn't think another god might come looking for him, but she knew they would start to wonder where he was. In her case, her parents would eventually come looking for her, or worse go to the temple and find out that Alexandros didn't exist. "Yeah..I guess we have to.[b]" She pouted slightly really not wanting to be parted from him.

When he held out the harp and told her to take care of herself, she decided to be a little brave. Dropping the blanket he made, she stepped forward until she was a few inches away. She leaned up on tippy toes and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. When she leaned back, she was bright red and smiling shyly. "[b]Please have a good day Aristide. I look forward to our next meeting.
" She told him before taking the hard. Her fingers had brushed his as she took the harp. She stepped back to give him the space he needed to ascend. As he rose back to Olympus, she stood there watching him. She waved with her free hand, until she could no longer see him.

Once he had left she gathered the blanket back up, and placed it with his harp in her basket. She took a deep breath and started her journey to her parents house. She was going to tell her parents that the head priest had instead she stay there last night, after learning about their fight from Alexandros in order to give each side time to cool down. She knew that it wasn't good to give them another lie, but she hoped that they might believe her. As she walked back to her village, she was unware that for the second time in 24 hours her life was going to change.

~~

In the middle of Aristide's lonely home, stood the world's most beautiful goddess. A voluptuous beauty, with golden looks and a face that would launch a million ships. A certain goddess of love was busy decorating his palace. "Yes this room, bring the tulips in here. Now you make sure to bring the new bed to that room, and you don't forget to fill her closet with the loveliest outfits. Thais was busy ordering a group of servants about. Like most in Olympus, they knew to go along with the goddess whims, even if it meant invading another gods space.

That was how Thais had convinced her own servants to prepare Aristide's home for his soon to be new guest. Of course people thought it was another whim of Olympus biggest dist. No one would believe her if she told them that the greatest love story was just starting. When she arrived with demands, it was effective in chasing his own mother out of the palace. She had been waiting to demand where her son had been all night.

She clapped her hands to draw the attentions of everyone around her. "[b]Hurry, hurry a grumpy storm is about to strike. We must place the mairgolds, before sunbeam arrives!
"

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 01:08:00 )
Thais turned towards Aristide as he shouted. Normal goddess would get upset when faced with his anger, but not Thais. She was in fact delighted to see him. "Ah, the grumpy storm has joined us. You just missed your mother." She called cheerfully. To him it may seem like she was unaware of that he was upset. Really, the whole thing unphased her. The goddess of love was use to people being angry at love. She turned back to her work, trying to decide what else this gloomy place would need. It wouldn't be long before a certain songbird would grace these halls.

When he started yelling again, she was disturbed from her thoughts. She turned back to him and she blinked at him. "I don't joke. Not everything here is for you. It's for love. A certain grumpy sunbeam, will be be bringing home a song bird. These things are for her." He might find her odd, but as a goddess of love, she knew anything that might happen in regards to that. So when she had felt that Aristide had fallen for a human, her powers allowed her to see the course of where that love would led. She didn't know how things would happen, but she always able to see the course and how love would end. Strangely enough, it seemed that Aristide's love for his human songbird, was never going to end. Nor would the human's love for her, it did not seem that death would separate them.

Thais didn't know how that might come to be, but she had also learned that Aristide would be bringing his love here. So of course, the goddess knowing that he kept everyone away, decided to provide a little help. She clapped her hands together, "Now that' we've settled this, we need to make sure you have enough food on hand. Songbird's can't summon food." Thais was famous for giving the other gods and goddess various nicknames. The others would say, it was because she was too dumb to remember anyone's name. They often whispered that it was easier to just go along with her whims, because she never realized what she was doing.

Thais moved from the room humming slightly. Once she reached the door frame, she looked over her shoulder back at him beckoning. "Love waits for no one." With that she moved to the lower parts of his house. It would be best if the two of them summoned enough food for now. There would be times that sunbeam would have to leave his songbird along at home. Once in a lower level of the house, she found a small empty room, that would work well as a food storage. She started summoning various food, that a human women might need. "Love, love, love
There's nothing you can do that can't be done
" She sung as she worked, she knew that there wouldn't be much more she could do. She was sure very soon things here would change, and he would probably demand she leave.

~~

It had taken Dorothea a few hours to make her way home. She didn't realized that her and Aristide had walked so far into the forest the night before. She felt her face heat up as she recalled the night before. While they had spent a very innocent night together, it was all so lovely, and it had ended with a kiss from her on his cheek. Though she knew he returned her feelings, she did noticed that so far, he was not making any sort of romantic moves other than holding her. She was sure that was just due to this being new for both of them. Or maybe he was being a gentleman, so it wasn't a worry just yet. Still just thinking about him was enough to make her flush, and turned red. But that's to the distance, it had taken her considerable time to arrive at her front door. She paused and took a deep breath. It would be a long fight with her parents she was very sure of that. She wasn't sure she was ready to go in.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 00:46:24 )

Like before Thais seemed to be unaware to the other's discomfort. When he appeared behind her and called her name again, she turned. "Yes Sunshine?" When he asked her to leave, she looked back at the storage. She rocked back in forth as she went through all the changes at his place. " Well my work here is done. Make sure to remember temperature controls. Humans can't do that on their own." She moved past him, resuming her humming. She paused before calling out, "My lovies it's time to go, the sun is setting"" She was recalling her servants knowing that he wouldn't want them to stay here. She laughed in merriment when he told her not to tell his mother. In a moment of "rare" clarity, "As if she'd even believe me. There is benefits to being the ditsy goddess." Of course she wasn't going to share his matters of the heart, but as she left, there was a bit of a impression that she might be more than she acted.

~~

When Dorothea had gathered enough courage she entered her house. "Mother, Father? I am home, I've returned from the temple.." She was nervously and looked around. At first everything seemed normal, but oddly quiet. Her calls had been met with silence. As she walked further into the house, she noticed that things were tossed about. Her heart started to race as she realized that something was wrong. "Mom..? Dad!?" She called sounding more frantic. She rushed to the their bedroom, and screamed when she got to the doorway.

Laying on the floor lifeless and covered in their own blood was her parents. She rushed to their side and set down the basket. She reached out to touch her mom, getting blood on her clothing. She shook her mom, as if this would wake them up. " Mom, mom please wake up? She was starting to cry and her voice was breaking. As she was focused on her parents, she didn't hear the footsteps approach her. Standing in the door frame, was the suitor from the day before. He let out a dark laugh, catching Dorothea's attention. "Ah, what a touching site. The prodigal daughter returns. Good, your home, we'll be leaving."

Dorothea looked up at the man in horror, "What? Did you do this? WHY?" He man laughed at her again. "Oh it's simple my dear, your parents promised me your hand in marriage, that you pure and never knew a man's touch. I was going to make you my wife, but you'll do as a mistress on the side. As long as your good, and don't lie, you won't end up like parents, and I'll leave that little priest of yours alone." He sneered. Of course he would let her think that, but the moment he could corner the man from the day before he would eliminate him.

Dorothea shook her head, and reached for her basket. She stood holding it, and the man grinned thinking she was going to be obedient. She knew that she wouldn't have long to run, she had a feeling that he would follow her and today was would be last night alive. But before then she would as least get to save goodbye to Aristide. He'd understand after all, and well maybe this was always her fate. "I would rather die, than go with you. You killed my parents, for nothing. I've never been with any man." She reached into the basket, and grasped the harp with one of her hands. "I saw how that man looked at you, and it's obvious, you've returned from a romp in a the forest. My patience is wearing thin. WE are leaving NOW " He moved to stomped forward and she saw her chance.

She kept her gripped on the hard, and threw the basket and blanket at him to distract him. She hastily moved to the window in her parents room, and jumped out of it holding the harp. She didn't wait to see what he did and took off for the forest. She was crying, she was scared and her heart was racing. She had no idea if she was after her, but she was sure he was. She didn't know how long she had been running. As she ran, she didn't follow the path, but instead ran through the brush and trees. The various plant life she moved through, had left scraps and cuts on her. She looked a mess, tears and snot on her face, her parents blood covering her clothing and parts of her hands. There was leaves and sticks in her hair, and cuts on her face and arms from the plants. She ended up tripping over a rock, and crashing to the ground. She has barely manged to avoid damaging his harp.

Her ankle ached, and her knees felt torn. She was exhausted and knew that she couldn't ran anymore. He would find here, and take his revenge. Sobbing as she sat up, she plucked the string hoping that he would come for her. She'd have to apologize, to explain that she was so sorry. When he appeared, she didn't have the energy to rush to his side. Instead she help up his harp him. "You have to take it back. I'm so so sorry. My parents are dead, and he's coming for me, and I don't think I'll get to see you anymore. I don't want to, but I can't run anymore,..." She was rambling not really speaking in complete sentences. She heard a snap of a twig and turned her head towards the sound looking terffied, and going white. Had he found her so soon?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/24 00:28:02 )
In her panic and despair it never crossed her mind that she meant so much to Aristide, that he would protect her. It wasn't that she didn't trust him or think he was unable to, she just wasn't thinking clearly. She was babbling, sobbing and trying to breathe. All she knew was that any moment could be her next, that some man whose name didn't even know was about to kill her. That her parents were dead, and that it had been her fault. If she had just met him the first day, then he'd be dead, because that was when Aristide had said he would strike down anyone she met. Or if she had been a good daughter and married when her parents first tried, when suitors were nicer than they would be alive. Really it was all her fault, and while a life without Aristide would be unbearable, maybe that was her punishment for thinking she had any right to love a god.

Everything for her seemed to be happening too quickly and in a blur. At some point she registered that she was in his arms, and he was saying something but it wasn't clicking for her. It was if she could no longer hear. She just wanted it all to stop, to pause everything it was to much. "It's all my fault, it's all my fault." She kept repeating the same words over and over. As if she was praying to the gods. At some point she had moved her hands, and she was now clutching at Aristide. He was speaking again and she still didn't know what he was saying. All she knew in that moment, was that he was the only person she had left, she didn't want to be parted from him ever. Still she didn't think to ask him to kill the man who had harmed her parents. Ever emotion and thought was coming to quickly for her understand.

As Aristide had shouted at the figure approaching, that he would send them to hades, the suitor stepped into view. Dorothea clutched at Aristide tighter, she was terrified to see that man here. The man chuckled misreading the situation. "My lord Aristide, you do not understand, this girl here, her parents had betrothed her to me, and she not only broken that scared bond with me, risking the ire of Hera herself, but she also has been luring your priests to sin against your orders." The man didn't realize that Dorothea's lover was in fact the god himself. He was banking on Dorothea being to scared to contradict him. It was very obvious to him that she was frighten and wouldn't protest.

Playing the role of the concerned, harmed party, he spoke again. "Really my lord, it's my right to take revenge for the dishonor inflicted on me. Do not worry, I won't do anything in your sacred forest. I'll just take her away from here." He was unaware that he words wouldn't be going over well with the god of the sun. Dorothea was shaking now, and wanted to hide. "Aristide, please....I.." She cut herself off, when she noticed the dark glare that the man had sent her. She started to tremble even more.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/24 02:59:14 )
When Aristide yelled about him spewing lies, the suitor started to sputter. He didn't expect this reaction, it seemed this girl was a witch. Maybe siren who had come on land, for she had clear bewitched a god. "You do not understand-" He tried to explain, but he wasn't given a chance. Aristide no longer wanted to hear his lies and instead had sent the suitor to Hades. The man did not even have the chance to scream before he was erased from the mortal plane, and was a new soul in the underworld subject to laws of the god of the dead. He would learn that he wouldn't be kept where normal souls went, he would be kept in a space place, where those who angered the gods were to be punished.

Dorothea didn't really understand what was happening. All she knew was that Aristide was now blocking her vision, and had snapped her finger. When he removed his hands, she noticed it was quieter now. The suitor was gone, and Dorothea found that she didn't even care if he had been sent to hades. "Aristide?" She questioned, still finding it a bit hard to follow all that had happened today. She didn't resist as he checked her over, she had minor injuries, which was mostly cuts from her own running and her ankle ached, but that man hadn't touched her. She didn't fight when he pulled her down into the grass. She did however cry on his shoulder, she still wasn't calm. It hurt so much.

What she didn't expect to hear was him to blame herself. It felt as if someone has tossed freezing water over her. She shook her head, "Aristide, this is not your fault. You didn't kill my parents, that man did. You saved me, you are my hero." She stared at him, trying to convey what she said with her gaze. Even though the village had fallen in disarray, her parents would have pushed for her marriage, even if the village hadn't been like this. It would have happened to her at some point.

She nodded when he said that she had no need to fear ever again. Still she knew that man was gone, but she knew she'd be scared. She didn't think she could ever go back into that village, and she still needed to bury her parents. She sobbed, as she realized she'd have to bury and dig their graves. She would have to preform, the last rites, and provide the coins for the ferryman. She wasn't sure she could do that. She just wanted to run away from it all. "My parents..I have to bury them...but Aristide, I don't want to stay in this village anymore. I hate it here, it scares me. Your forest is the only good thing about this place anymore. I don't care where you take me, but after I finish burying my parents, can you please take me away from here?"

Though he had offered to take her to his home, she had been in panic and missed the offer. But it was an offer he had given her the first time he meet, when he just wanted her to be a bedmate. She knew that if she walked into any village, saw another human, she wouldn't feel safe. She wanted to be alone, or with Aristide. No one else was safe, and they could hurt her. She buried her face into his chest, praying to whomever might listen, that he'd say yes, and she could go with him. She had even forgot that he as a god, would be able to hear her prays, as he told her before.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/24 22:59:52 )
While he had healed her physical wounds, there was still the very big wound on her heart and mind. It would take her considerable time to recover form this. She also didn't know if she'd be able to feel safe around anyone else. How could she trust anyone, but him to not hurt her. She had thought most people to be good, but than some man decided she was his and killed her parents because she loved someone else. How was she suppose to trust anything again.

When he said that he wouldn't leave her to his parents left, she tensed. Did that mean he was going to leave her here? Did he not want her anymore. She couldn't stay here anymore, if he left her here, she knew that she wouldn't be able to go on. There would be no protection for her, and the villagers left might even exile her due to all the trouble. She clung to him tighter, "Please don't leave mee..." She knew she was begging, and yes, she was just a human. He didn't have to keep her, and sometime in the future he was bound to get bored of her. But he was her only remaining loved one.

She relaxed slightly, part of her fears reveal, when he said he'd take her with him. She hugged him tigher, "Thank you. thank you" She mumbled into his chest. She stared up at him, when he promised to never let any harm befall her. In that moment she wanted to tell him how much she cared for him. "I love you so much" She told him. It may not be the right time him in words, considering all that happened, but she needed him to understand how much he meant to her. She laid her head on his chest again. She needed to go finish her work here, but she was so tired. She had done so much.

She sighed softly, "I guess, I should hurry and bury...them.." She sounded choked up for a moment. She lifted her head up and looked up at him. "It might take me a few hours, but should I meet you back here?" She didn't think she could bury them alone, but she didn't expect him to come with her. She figured that he wouldn't want to be around dead bodies, or even wear the fake skin. Of course she was terrified to be parted from him, but she had to finish things here. She couldn't just leave their bodies to rot in the home. She didn't have any strength to dig graves or carry the bodies, but she'd have to find it.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 00:04:29 )
Dorothea stared at him, when he said that he was coming with her. She really didn't think that he'd want to go around dead humans. Sure it was one thing for him to accept her humanness, but this was one of the worst aspects. Still she was so relived to know that he wouldn't be letting her go alone. She had no idea, if that man had even been alone. There was so many things to worry about. "Thank you.." She whispered, her voice had become hoarse from crying. She rose up slowly from the grass. Due to his healing her, her ankle seemed to be fine now. However she still felt so weary and tired. She wished she could just collapse into bed and sleep for days.

She turned her gaze away as he transformed into his human skin. Like last time, she made sure to respect that he didn't want that seen. Once he spoke again she turned back to him. She nodded and took his hand when he offered it. She was silent the walk to the village, and to her parents house. She didn't care if other villagers who were left might be staring at her. They were keeping distance from her, because like some gods the had heard Aristide's yell. Of course they didn't know that Priest at her side was in fact him. Some villagers were already starting to call her Aristide's bride, as human imagination tended to run fast.

Once at her home, she paused at the door. She was close to hyperventilating. She didn't think she could go in there. A good daughter would go in, and bury them, but she didn't think she could handle the sight again. If the village had been in it's old state, then there would be people she could have asked to remove and wash the bodies. She turned to him, eye widen in terror. "I can't..."She mumbled.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 22:25:10 )
She had never expected him to bury her parents himself. She had been trying to gather her nerves to go back into that house, when pulled her back and stepped in front of her. When he walked into the house she knew that she should follow him, but she couldn't get her feet to move. When he told her to close her eyes she did so. She heard him walk past, and didn't open her eyes until she was sure he was gone. She didn't know what to do. She knew that at least one of her parents bodies was in the house.

Taking a deep breath, she thought the least she could do was go into the house, and carry out the other body. Aristide was doing so much for her, the least she could do was help him. As she turned back to the door, the few remaining villagers called for her. "No, No Dorothea, do not come inside, please come with us." Dorothea turned towards the voice and saw the few remaining old and frail villagers standing at the gate of yard. The woman who spoke was previous governor wife, Sofia, "I.." Dorothea had started to protest, but the old woman approach her and gently led her away. "Dear child, come and sit with me." Sofia led her away from the house and over to a stone bench sitting along the main road. She convinced Dorothea to sit, and nodded at the other villagers standing there.

Sofia launched into conversation and stories of her youth to distract Dorothea. The other villagers had decided to spare this horror for Dorothea. It was not just because the girl was blessed by Aristide, but also due to the fact that most of them had known her their entire lives. The few elder men, had a cart in which they were loading her father's body into, while the woman were cleaning the house of the blood as well as packing things for Dorothea. Any trinkets, accessories, clothing or things they thought she wished to keep of her family, they were making sure to pack away from her.

Once the men had gotten her father's body onto the cart, they covered the body. They nodded to one of the woman, who had gone over to approach Sofia and Dorothea standing in front of them. It was this woman's job to block Dorothea's view, as the men lifted the cart and moved it down the road. It took the men a long time to reach near where Aristide had buried Dorothea's mother. They were old and did not have much energy due to the famine in the land. They had to take breaks, as they moved through the forest. One of the men spoke up, as they had yet to see the priest from eariler. "He did say near the temple?" The voice was loud, and should awake anyone.

Dorothea was getting restless, and tried of the old woman prattling one. However they women would not let her leave. If she cried they would comfort her or tell her outlandish stories. At some point, the ladies in her house had brought out what the had packed for her. It touched her heart to know that the village was taking care of her one last time. Yet she was overwhelmed and exhausted. She wanted Aristide to come back, and it had been well over hours since the last time she had seen his human form.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/14 00:33:05 )
Dorothea attention was kept occupied by the older women. Yet she was still concerned that she hadn't seen Aristide or his human form in ages. She wanted to go find him, but the women didn't let her leave. She had tired once, but they had insisted that she wait. Said something to the effect that gods don't like to be rushed. Still she never thought that he might just walk into the village in his godly form. So when he approached her and the other women as himself, she stared up at him in surprised.

Of course the other women were calling him My Lord and gasping. She wasn't sure what he meant by they would be blessed. All she knew was that he had returned for her, and she was truly safe again. She rose to her feet and gave him a small smile. She was still upset about her parents and in shock, but she was also so glad to see him. If they hadn't been surrounded by all the other ladies, she would have rushed to his side and hugged him. When he approached her and spoke in her ear she nodded.

As if the women knew something was up, or to leave they dispersed from the area. She gathered the few things the women had packed for her before turning back to him. "I'm ready now." It was time for her to leave her childhood home. Before she had tried everything in her power to stay her, but now she was ready to never see this place again. As long as she could be with Aristide nothing else would matter to her. Plus she had learned that her home was never going to be safe. Not after everything that had happened to her parents.

As she walked with him towards the exit of the village, she did wonder if it would be safe for her in Olympus. She was sure gods couldn't just bring humans up there. Would the godly area be too much for her body to handle. She was so nervous, and what would happened if the gods got mad at him because of her. Yet she couldn't bare to be apart from him.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/7 03:49:42 )
As he pulled her close and kissed her cheek, she felt her heart leap. It was strange to know she could feel so happy and sad at the same time. She had found the great love of her life, and lost her parents and home in one day. It was a such an experience of various emotions all at once. That as he brought them to Olympus, the strange feeling pulling at her body she just thought it was her feelings. She hadn't realized that already the Mountain was trying to reject the mortal. She had no idea the effect the place would start to have on her, if she was not granted mortal. She was confused as he covered her eyes, but once he removed his hand she understood why. He hadn't been embellishing when he told her how bright the world was. "It's soo bright" She remarked. It almost felt too bright for her eyes.

He did not waste much time standing where he had landed. She followed him as he walked her towards the direction of where he lived. She couldn't help but notice his paranoid checking for someone. She bit down on her lip nervously, it almost felt that he might feel ashamed if someone saw her with him. She didn't remark on his actions, but realistically the issue was that he didn't really have permission to whisk a mortal woman up here. That he was protecting her, but it still made her feel like a little dirty secret.

It did it seem to be that long of a walk to his palace, but she did feel a bit drained after it. It was odd to feel this worn out after a short walk, but she decided it had to be just the events of the day catching up with her. Once inside his palace, it was nothing like she expected. She briefly noted that he yanked the curtain close, as if he was still ashamed of her, but well she was glad that the brightness of this world was dampened. She could still see the flowers everywhere, almost as if he had been planning this for awhile. "It's lovely" She let him basically shuffle him to what she assumed would be her room, or well it was at least set up for a female guest. She didn't want to guess why she had a room ready a moment's notice. Maybe that was some sort of godly power.

As he explained that everything she might need was here, she nodded. As he suggested she might want to change her clothing, she realized, that compared to all the splendor in the room, she was the grossest thing here. She frowned slightly feeling really unworthy at that moment, before anything else could be spoken he seemed to tense up. She blinked confused when he suddenly was leaving the room. She felt a little out of place, and a bit abandoned. She shook off the feeling, he probably was just trying to be gentlemanly to give her time to clean up and rest. She had a hard day, but still she didn't wish to be a part from him yet. But she didn't call after him, she didn't know how well the other gods could hear and was afraid to call unwanted attention to herself.

Dorothea decided to focus on what she could do. She put her few belongings away and decided that bathing a change of clothing would be needed. As she got busy to getting a bath going, and had human hearing ability, she's did not catch the conversation of the twins below. She could vaguely hear two voices, but that was about it. Once she had bathed, she choose the simplest of outfits should could find that were left for her to use. Even the basic outfit seemed to be made out the finest material. She felt a bit nervous about wearing some gown that would cost more than her entire village.

After she had finished redressing, she didn't know what to do now. It was clear that she couldn't just walk about Olympus. In fact she didn't think that she'd be allowed to leave his palace ever again, unless her wanted to visit earth with her. She wasn't even sure how many years she'd get with him. She was human after all, her life would end eventually. But a life without him was no life either. If it meant that she had to be on house arrest for the rest of her life she'd do it. She sat on the big bed there. It was one of the biggest beds she had ever seen bigger than she truly ever need. Unless they would share it, but well he didn't seem interested in her that way anymore. It was strange to feel slightly disappointed at that fact. She sighed laying down, she felt exhausted. As if all her energy was fading.

" I hope Aristide comes back soon" She muttered sleeply, as she felt slumber overtake her.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.