Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat You asked for it...

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/10 18:54:42 )

My cat is always trying to squeeze past us and run out the door whenever we open it, so today I figured I'd carry him with me to the mailbox and let him get a little taste of outside. I thought it would make him happy. As usual, all I had to do was go over to the door to get his attention and he came running. Picked him up--which he tends to enjoy btw, so I know being held wasn't the problem--and walked out to the parking lot with him.
As soon as we got a good distance from the front door, he started crying. Then he saw a car sitting idle in the parking lot and cried even louder, trying to squirm away. I checked the mail real quick and turned around, and he whined until we got back to the door. I guess actually being outside was a little more than he bargained for!

Your pets (or kids, friends, whoever) ever REALLY INSIST THEY NEED THIS THING, only to find out it's not what they wanted at all? It's kind of hilarious.

Voltie — They/He Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/10 19:56:27 )
Should they keep it on display...

Doctors insist that the outside is good. Then why is it so scary and loud and bright? How does the outside give happy chemicals if I'm crying bc everything is too loud????

I am your cat. The outdoors are overrated.

That is all.

Or redecorate?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/10 20:08:31 )

@MaxIsConfused: there, there... at least after your harrowing adventure, you can come inside and curl up for a well-deserved nap! that's what the cat did, anyway. he thinks he's earned it.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/10 22:37:53 )

Sometimes you gotta let your children (or furbabies) learn for themselves. The best you can do is supervise lol. That being said, have your thought about getting a harness or one of these pet strollers? Give him a little taste of freedom without worrying he'll escape

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/10 22:51:55 )

OMG that is so funny. My cat is really similar. He wants to try and do things where if he did them he would actually be terrified lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — They/He Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/10 23:18:32 )
Should they keep it on display...

Lilykin:

Sometimes you gotta let your children (or furbabies) learn for themselves. The best you can do is supervise lol. That being said, have your thought about getting a harness or one of these pet strollers? Give him a little taste of freedom without worrying he'll escape

That's how we trained our cats to be indoor-outdoor. Started with harnesses and let them explore little by little until they were used to it. My cat in particular loves being outside and will follow you around if you're outside, as if she's tryna guard you.

Or redecorate?

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/11 00:46:29 )

@MaxIsConfused: If I get a cat again that's what I plan on doing, my apt is small and I'd hate for them to be cooped up all day. My dream house would have a sun room I could turn into a catio lol

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/11 01:03:19 )

They do have harnesses; we just haven't spent much time trying to get them used to those since the first attempt. We took the cats in the back yard, since the gaps in the fence are wide enough they could easily escape, and they didn't really care for the harnesses but liked being in the yard. I've been cutting down vines and spraying grass killer to try and prep the yard so we can start decorating/planting, and when that's done we'll probably just staple some chicken wire or something around the bottom half of the fence so the cats can go out there and explore. Would still like to try taking them on walks at some point, though I don't know if they'd enjoy being out around the neighborhood if our parking lot test is any indication lol.
I wouldn't want them roaming around the neighborhood on their own, though; lots of stray cats, kids, and dogs around here.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/11 18:47:00 )
One of my cats won't even step foot near the door to get outside. He's an extreme scaredy cat with anxiety though, so it makes sense. Even when the door opens he runs behind the couch. My other cat wants to go outside, but when he's out there he wants to go back in within a minute. I think the noises outside spook him. We bought a harness to try and get him used to being outside, but he hates wearing the harness, so it's a struggle. I don't really want my cats to be outdoor cats though. Too many crazy people in the world and things they can get injured from.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/11 18:50:29 )

I don't have any pets, but when I was younger my stepmom had this cat that I really liked. I remember my dad and stepmom warning me that whenever someone goes to the door he tries to squeeze out, so they cautioned me to be careful. One day I was going outside to play and the cat followed me to the door. I thought "what'd be the harm in him coming out to play with me?" so I let him outside, and he dashed so far away from the house and ran away. o - o

He ran away for about 2 weeks before coming home, only to run away for good after squeezing past my dad sometime after. We never saw him again. :c

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.