Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat End of another month - June 2021

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 17:54:17 )

June is coming to a close so soon. I want us to talk about what was good during the month of June. It can be as big or as small as you would like. Just try to keep it positive. I don't want it to be forced, but we could all use a little positivity. :)

PS. When I made the thread title I put 2020 instead of 2021 at first. What even is time.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/28 18:00:04 )

In June, I was able to get my 2nd shot! I was pretty proud of myself and it only took like 5 mins of prepping myself instead of like 20 the first time.
2 weeks after that I was fully vaccinated and gosh, that is really nice to say!
I walked a ton in June. Sometimes in the mornings, sometimes at night, and sometimes when it was super hot out, but I worked out or went for walks almost every day.
From all that walking (and I'm talking miles every day) I've been a lot more in shape and I've even lost weight! It feels good to have lost the weight and getting my body to look more like it did before 2020.

I also had friends from CA come over and stay at my house and it was a lot of fun. During the week they were busy working but on the weekends we showed them around the city and we got to go to some museums. It was so much fun. And we did A TON of walking while they were here. I walked 40 miles in 6 days. We did Karaoke at my house until 4am one of the nights. I love singing and it was nice to be able to do it again.

In Pokemon Go I got a few shinys during the events! I think it was because I was out walking so much lol.

I had a few interviews for jobs, and I applied to a lot of jobs in general. So I hope that can turn into something good soon!

Overall I feel like June was really the month I transitioned from living in the Pandemic to kind of going back to normal. I'm still wearing a mask at times like when I'm inside a public place or on public transit. And I know it's not close to being over around the world, but it was nice to have my most 'normal' month since Feb 2020.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:01:58 )
I’ve been seeing my parents again!
I’m working regularly.
I’ve been seeing friends and even going places (still wearing my mask though)

Went to the pool at my apartment building yesterday too! Very fun, but my legs are a little burned. >.< Worth it

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:11:03 )

@Lina: Hey nice to see you!
That's really great! My mom is coming to mine in July and I'll be seeing my Dad in Sept. It seems like things are going well this month. I would love to be able to go to the pool. I'm not in a rental with a pool anymore and I don't have one in my house either. It's totally been pool weather lately.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 00:29:14 )

Uuuuh... Well I've really gotten back into plants and I have a bunch now (my roommate laughed when I slowed down at Walmart to look at their new plants; she's like "You have no more room!" and she's right!). They really help encourage me to get up so I can turn on the grow light and open the shades, so that's awesome. And my ZZ Plant put out a new shoot! It's kinda... on the smaller side tbh but hopefully that's because he's been through a bit (was a little beat up from the store) and will do better next time. I still love the cute lil' baby leaves. :3

Also I bought a new candle today (I need another candle like I need a hole in the head but oh well) and it's coconut lime and it smells soooo good. Reminds me of keylime pie! So that's exciting. XD

You guys talking pools reminded me; I really want to find my "silver sneakers" card (I'm not a senior but I get the perk because I have medicare) and get in with the YMCA up the street. I think it'd be really good for me to swim regularly and maybe use the treadmills and stuff. I want so badly to get back in shape and I really want to get more confident in my swimming too, so maybe I'll be able to go snorkeling and stuff without being petrified of drowning, lol.

Please ping me!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 01:33:58 )
@Totalanimefan: we had rain all day Saturday, so the pool was super cold. But it was great once you got used to it. XD
And we all did some reading next to the pool too. (My roommates and I)

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 08:52:23 )
@totalanimefan: even though since 2020 we've all been stuck indoors but you just have to make the most of it .. we've went for walks and picnics played games .. painted .. this year I've registered the child in pre school my anxiety is through the roof haha I will be one those mums that will sit outside and stalk her till it's home time 🤣🤣 I hope she will love it I really want her to enjoy it .. so glad the lock down rules have lessened cus now we can see family and friends 💙

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 16:11:23 )

@CooperationIsKey: The pool is a great way to burn a ton of calories. It's fun and it works every muscle in your body.
Plants are nice and relaxing to look at too!

@Lina: I don't like cold pools but lots of people do lol. It's still nice to read by them.

@LilMissKushy: Sounds like things are getting better. I'm sure that after a week or so she will like pre-school. Kids always like hanging out with other kids.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 16:43:23 )

I've spent the past 2 weekends with my family. I hardly get to see them because I live in another city and I'm always working.

The first weekend my sisters, nephews, and I got together at our dad's house for Father's Day. Prior to that, I haven't seen my older sister and nephews since last year, and I hadn't seen my dad in months.

This past weekend I went back home to visit my family and meet my boyfriend's dad's side of the family since his dad is from the same city as me. His family had a huge picnic out by a lake and it was great to finally unwind and feel relaxed for once.

The rest of my June seems like a blur. This was the only good thing to come out of it, I guess lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 19:23:42 )

@Ark: That seems super nice. I can't wait to be able to see my family again. They don't live in the same city/area as me.
I want to do a picnic this summer! What foods did you have? I don't know what I should make.
June was a bit of a blur for me too. Especially when I had company over.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 19:50:00 )

@Totalanimefan: Just the usual cook out food. Burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, beans, and a bunch of other sides and desserts. :)

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 19:59:54 )

@Ark: That sounds good! I don't think the waterfront parks near us have grills. So I'm thinking I'm going to have to make the stuff ahead of time. Your menu sounds super good. ^^

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 22:36:20 )
@Totalanimefan: I mean, I want a heated pool! And indoor heated pool!!
lol, I’m just glad to have any pool though. We’re lucky to have one where we live, especially since they kind of run the place poorly so it’s a bit amazing it’s working. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/29 22:39:37 )

@Lina: Heated pool is the ultimate luxury lol
That's very nice. I wish I live somewhere with a pool T_T

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 03:24:29 )
If I had a heated pool I might never leave it. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 02:38:55 )

@Lina: I had a heated pool growing up, but my dad was too cheap to pay the money to have the heater on lol

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 20:13:26 )
@Totalanimefan: oh no! That’s the ultimate torture!
That’s totally how my dad would have been too. He basically never uses the heating or cooling in the house because it costs money. Now that I’ve moved out I use my AC so much!!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 21:33:44 )

@Lina: I do use my AC daily, but it's more to keep the humidity out of the house. I keep it at about 77F.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 17:18:57 )

@Ava: Hey you got through it! And that's an accomplishment on it's own. I'm proud of you.
I hope that July is good to you!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/3 01:57:48 )
I keep the apartment at like 70 (when my roommates let me). I want to be drinking hot cocoa under a blanket all the time

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.