Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries ⭑⭒☆☾ Ask the Midnight Crew! ☽☆⭒⭑

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 14:50:30 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

WELCOME

I'm currently in the process of writing/drawing a webcomic but I'd like a little help with world-building to flesh out my characters and universe rules properly! This is in the Art Gallery forum because I'll be doing little doodles in response to most of the questions I get.

PROCEDURE

As long as it's not a spoiler for my comic, ask me anything! If you address questions to my characters directly, I'm going to have them answer you with a small little drawing and I'll probably add any additional info c: Get creative, challenge me, have fun! There's no limit, ask as many questions as you want, and feel free to comment or chat.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 14:52:33 )

THE PLOT

A fame hungry but failing film director learns he has the powers to communicate, channel, and attract the dead. Rather than use these powers to bring closure or you know, be afraid, he instead decides to make a crappy ghost hunting reality show. With a small crew and reckless abandon, he's about to exploit his powers and disturb the afterlife for ratings.

RELATIONSHIPS

A lot of these characters are just meeting each other for the first time at the start of my comic. For the most part I'll be answering from the point of them already being established friends, but if you want to ask from that point of view just let me know!

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 14:57:57 )

CHARACTERS

Milo Malic
Role: Director and Star
Description: Haughty, self-centred, and prideful. He likes to see himself as an intellectual with sophisticated tastes, but he's honestly a mess. He has a foul mouth, a bad attitude, and struggles with opening up to others. He's desperately seeking acceptance and praise.
Favourite Movie: Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

Sam Malic
Role: Co-Star
Description: Relaxed, easy-going, and all around friendly. Milo's brother and the one person who has his trust. He loves nature and living every day to it's fullest. He's highly compassionate but knows when to stay firm so he's not taken advantage of. That being said he gets easily pulled into a lot of bad situations trying to help out his brother...
Favourite Movie: Pineapple Express

Henrietta "Henri" Herrera
Role: Jack of All Trades
Description: A former classmate of Milo's and current bff. She's adventurous, fun-loving, and flirty. She really doesn't have any set goals in life and doesn't really want them, either. Loves to tease and play pranks on everyone, but is also highly protective of anyone who's close to her. She's the 'big sister' type of the group.
Favourite Movie: The Craft

Charlotte Fields
Role: Camera Operator/DOP
Description: Sarcastic, dry, and cold. She has a low patience and takes her job very seriously. Always tired and addicted to caffiene and cigarettes to get her by. The most professional out of the group but also causes a lot of problems by butting heads with the director. Franz's best friend and partner in a shared Youtube channel.
Favourite Movie: Children of Men

Franz Heinrich
Role: Sound Technician/Boom Operator/Music Artist
Description: A musical prodigy and minor sensation on Youtube. He has a gentle smile and a soft heart, and has a very relaxing aura around him. It's hard to make him break his smile, even when he's sad or angry. Admires Milo and Charlotte's ambitions and follows along with whatever plans they have for him, just as long as he can play his music.
Favourite Movie: Moonrise Kingdom

Declan Herrera
Role: Editor
Description: Henri's brother who gets pulled into helping with their project later on. Wanted to get into video production but ended up going into tech support instead. A chill, funny guy with a playful side, but isn't as rowdy as his sister. Kind of a geek but is pretty casual about it.
Favourite Movie: Akira

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 15:13:42 )

PREVIOUS QUESTIONS

Milo
When you found out about your powers, did you tell anyone else?
Does your whole crew know, or did you just tell them you wanted to make a ghost hunting show?

how did you find out about your powers?
who was your first ghost?

Sam
lmfao I love Milo, he sounds like a handful. How has Sam managed to keep him from going full Tony Stark with his powers?

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 09:29:59 )

Reserved

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 09:30:52 )

Reserved

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 09:32:18 )

Reserved

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 10:03:08 )
Alright I'm finally done for now, I'll probably make the layout better later. Ask away I'll answer some later on during breaks c';

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 12:09:29 )
I feel like this is a fantastic webcomic idea!
I have a question pertaining to Milo. When you found out about your powers, did you tell anyone else? Does your whole crew know, or did you just tell them you wanted to make a ghost hunting show?

20-Lesbian
I'm randomly active bc of anxiety!

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 00:01:24 )
@Roseywitch:

This is going to be explored more in the comic, but yeah he has zero qualms about letting people know c; It's what gave him the idea to start this show int the first place... Instead of being you know, worried like most people would be...

Thank you for asking a question o'; And ahh appreciate it!

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:09:34 )
lmfao I love Milo, he sounds like a handful. How has Sam managed to keep him from going full Tony Stark with his powers?

Edit: follow up question, do you have a link to your webcomic?

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 08:59:04 )
*COUGH*
so uh how did you find out about your powers?
who was your first ghost?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 03:34:04 )

[x]

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 15:57:15 )
@Sasha:

He's a literal handful sometimes...

And not yet since I'm still setting it up c; But I'll post links when it launches! Thank you for showing interest

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 23:34:22 )
@Slytherclaw:

I'm actually going to be exploring how he discovers his powers/the first ghost run in the first chapter of my comic so I don't want to give too many details away c; But here's a horribly drawn child....
later.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 00:22:58 )

[x]

pls don't

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 00:31:56 )
After absolutely no real thought involved, a single question popped up in my head that I want to ask Sam. Has anyone told you that you're really attractive?! *Shameless!*
Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/19 04:41:37 )
Okay but what's your favorite food?
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.