Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback The site is really wide

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 12:23:08 )
I noticed that the site is really wide on desktop.
I feel like a lot of things are out of reach now, so I have to really move my mouse pointer. D:

Also, is it possible to make items in invo more even.
Maybe like 20 items per row?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 12:32:59 )
Yeah the wide changes don't really please me, personally.

And the front sign/grass/hill design seems less crisp since it's sized larger.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 12:34:52 )
So glad I am on my phone and not my computer
It was way too wide. And I don't like it that wide

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 12:35:40 )
It's nice on mobile though, just not on desktop D:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 13:01:48 )
@Panda: it is very nice on mobile
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 14:17:31 )
Mobile is actually too small for me because my phone is tiny, so it makes it hard to scroll through long posts xD I'm not sure if I noticed the change, but it does seem like everything got spaced out a bit more :0

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 20:35:09 )
You guys know you can resize your browser window, right? Of all the things to nitpick, the width of a site has got to be the most ridiculous. Full-width layouts "are the future".

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 20:46:10 )
@Vii: I did resize, still wide.

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 21:46:47 )
@Vii: How rude. this is pandas feedback and she's allowed to give it. it's fine if you don't agree with it, but maybe you should try wording it a little polite next time. :/

That being said, I agree it's quite wide. I've realized my browser and toggled zoom. I liked the way it was before the update, with the header more centered as well.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 22:44:40 )
@Neko: thank you, sweetie.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 23:37:28 )
It’s really nice on mobile but not as good now on desktop. Lol
I don’t really want to it change on mobile, but I liked it the way it was before on desktop. Is that possible?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 23:44:39 )
@Q t e a p o n: I’m using safari on iPhone 8 and safari on my iMac.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 01:52:14 )
i agree that it's too wide. i just resized my browser for the time being.
it looks great on mobile though.
you guys are doing great though c:

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 12:49:40 )
The Feedback forum is kind of for nitpicking. Then what is often decided is best for the site is chosen to be edited. We're not requiring anyone to change it, obviously, just bringing to their attention that, in our opinion, we aren't really into it.

I agree that full-width is "in", or more like fluid width is in. It all really depends on the persons screen resolution. Which is progressively getting larger for desktop. Mobile is a bit of a different story. And for most sites I have to agree that a full page width is good and most often looks great.

On a site that doesn't need as much movement or activity, that is. But it's an avi site. Activity is important. Though I totally understand finding an even ground between looks and things like maneuverablity.

And going back and forth across the screen to read and click is what is kind of taken away by the wide layout. Assuming people don't want to keep their browser re-sized solely for Voltra, it just seems to be a little less mouse/eye movement friendly because certain things are spread out so far.
For me this has mainly been like the header bar- top user menu far the left and the other menu way to the right. And the users being too far a part. But I think the posts/users may have been edited since this thread was made?

Thanks for taking the feedback into consideration!

My broswer: Google Chrome
Screen res: 1920x1080 I think
foxotanashi
• A Nalightful Quest •

Donator — PrinCSS Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 13:55:06 )
Gonna drop in here and give my input as well cause this is something I really started to notice
Don't get me wrong - I love that the site is responsive - and full width is great for mobile users!

I was inactive for a little around a week?
Maybe more and the first thing I noticed is that the screen was really wide - I already knew that websites are drifting very close to a fluid design - and so it should - more and more people are starting to use mobile, and they want that cross-browser/device compatibility. I personally.. do not like full-width sites on desktop.. at all - even though they are how websites are/should technically be going xD

I tend to keep them roughly 900 - 1000 - though sometimes sites that are image/gallery heavy it's better to make them 100% or completely fluid? But with forums and posts I feel that 100% is a bit excessive

I'd like a bit of padding on the sides, otherwise my eyes are constantly looking back and forth and it sort of bothers my eyes ><

As for resizing my screen - I find it very annoying to have to have a small screen for one website, and everything else in the same size. Changing tabs is something I am doing frequently, but I would end up having to have Voltra in a new window, which I do not want ><

I'm using google chrome on a windows computer - 1366px/768px - so my screen is a lot wider compared to it's height

COMMISSION | GUIDE | PREMADES

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 19:49:44 )
@Neko. Wow. I made a statement. Which you could count as "my feedback". Doesn't really seem that rude to me but then again I have a dry sense of humour. Not like I was throwing around insults or anything. Sorry to have bruised your toes. But then again it looks like Panda ran off to you with tears in her eyes and so here you come in her defense. Lol.

I just think the width of a site is probably the most trivial thing to comment on, especially since you can resize it to your liking and don't want everything crammed together anyway. I didn't even notice the width had changed until someone said something since I usually keep my windows sized at 1024x728. I personally like the full width but I'm sure Panda's input is more valuable than mine.

Yeah, THAT was rude. It was more polite the first time around, but when I realised precisely what was going on, it kinda ticked me off.

Sorry to the mods and everyone else for "making a scene" out of something minute. I'll not be making any more responses here or drawing this out any further.
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 01:15:36 )
@Vii: I'm sorry that someone it this thread hurt your feelings. We are supposed to all be welcome here. I think that everyone's feedback is just as valuable. Whether it's you, me or Panda. ^_^
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 01:22:12 )
Honestly I don't see anything wrong with it? Everything is pretty easy to find and it doesn't hurt my eyes. Both on desktop and mobile. But that's just my opinion!

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 01:47:07 )
Hey everyone, just a reminder to keep things friendly; we all have different views here and that's what makes us all awesome!

Also we are still currently in open beta and are still testing and working out some of the kinks. Thanks for your feedback and we appreciate your understanding!

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 02:42:01 )
@Vii: I just saw it as rude because it felt like you were undermining their opinion by calling it ridiculous. There are ways to get your feedback across without coming off as rude. I apologize for being rash, and Panda honestly had nothing to do with it.

Let's agree to disagree, I hope this doesn't affect our relationship on the site.

sell me rigs please♥

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.