Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback 15 second wait

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 06:12:07 )
This is WAY too long for me between posts! The worst feature on sites really. Please can we at LEAST lower it to no more than 10 seconds?
Cause I usually pop from one thread to another, type out a quick reply, submit and tab to the next tab to reply. The timer being this long really kills me.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 06:12:40 )
And now there was a glitch with the site being under construction and the thread posted twice XD

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 06:17:19 )
I agree, this is horrible for fast posters like myself.

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 06:19:35 )
We will take this into consideration. We've just had a lot of triple posting due to slow PCs and phones. This is the quickest fix to battle users posting more than once on accident. (We are constantly working to update our forum features, so trust me when I say, this probably isn't permanent.)

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 06:19:37 )
I agree that this will only slow people down when posting. I know why it's there, so we don't have the double post glitch, but I think that 10 sec would be better. I LOVED that this site didn't have a cool down when posting in the forums. I thought that it was one of the best features. Waiting to post in forums is too old-fashioned. I think that having a very small cool down or no cool down is the way forward.

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 06:20:03 )
@Fozzy: Since it's just to stop the triple posting glitch, wouldn't something as little as 5 seconds be okay?

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 06:49:35 )
it was more than a triple post glitch, it's good
that they at least put that to a stop.

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 06:52:04 )
@Unicorn: I still think it should only be 5 seconds.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 07:01:35 )
@Neko: like the site owner said, "it's only temporary, it isn't permanent!

you should be happy that they did something
about it, and the fact that it isn't permanent."
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 07:09:34 )
@Unicorn: I never saw the sentence in his post that said it wasn't permanent. My mistake.

sell me rigs please♥

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 07:09:38 )
Ohh so this is the temporary solution to the double posting glitch. I get that a lot haha. Well I don't know the amount of pause between posts yet, so it's fine for me but if it's rather long for a conversation, a shorter period of time would be nice. Alternatively, perhaps the staff can give a projection on how long this wait between posts will last?

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 07:11:45 )
Was the "this is not permanent" edited in there? I didn't see it originally either.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 07:14:07 )
Apologies, but we find it to be the best policy not to take a guess at ETAs when we aren't yet sure about the length of time something will take, as we'd rather not set a deadline that we can't actually keep or . It'll be adjusted when the development team have fixed the problem, haha.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 07:18:15 )
Ohh I see :0 perhaps a progress bar instead? Haha. It seems that the other active users are rattled in a bad way, so I feel that we should at least get some kind of info on how long the post limit will be there :) the limit also applies to posting topics, yes?

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 07:20:09 )
I don't see why someone would make another topic even 15 seconds after their previous topic. That just sounds like serious spam/bots. lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 07:23:25 )
Oh what i meant was that after I posted something I tried to make a thread to see if I'll get an error (because of Neko's thread), but I got the "sorry you're posting too fast" alert xD

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 07:24:15 )
@Peony: Oh, gotcha! lol
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 09:24:43 )
Thanks for all of the updates.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 07:11:37 )
I actually really like how this is set up; the pop up instead of making a page reload several times is an A+ implementation.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.