Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hello, I'm New Here

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 16:02:49 )

Hello, I'm Ark and I'm new to this cute little place. After taking time off of another site, I looked online for other sites and the avatars here caught my eye. They're so cute!

A little about me: I'm a nostalgic 27 year old who loves art and music. I'm currently working as a barista as I try pursing a career in the dental field. In my free time I like to draw, exercise, study Japanese and Korean, and watch cartoons, murder mysteries, and YouTube videos. I love cute colors, flowers, 90s-early 2000s anything, and although my favorite color is green I have an obsession with pink.

While there's a lot more I could say, I think I've said enough. Hello, everyone. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 16:41:43 )

@Ark: Hi welcome to Voltra! We are glad that you found us. The community is friendly so just jump right in. ^^ There is probably going to be a spring event soon. We don't know what the starting date is yet. I hope you will be around for that.
I also study Japanese! It was my major in college. How far in your journey are you?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 01:08:09 )
Hello there and welcome to Voltra.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 02:44:46 )
j0 there. o/
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 00:10:40 )

Thanks, guys! :3

@Totalanimefan: That's awesome! :) I've been studying for about 3 years now, but I will admit that I've gotten lazy the past few months. I'm still somewhat of a beginner.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 16:23:43 )

@Ark: It's hard to break through certain barriers especially if you are learning on your own. Are you using textbooks, or an app?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 18:46:42 )

@Totalanimefan: I've been using WaniKani, Duolingo, and various apps. :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 19:06:00 )
Hello~ Welcome to Voltra. :D
I'm a nostalgic 28-year-old. I love cartoons, drawing and I'm a rather easy-going person.
I tried doing the barista thing for a while and I have a lot of respect for you for being able to do it. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 20:20:09 )

@Ark: How do you like WaniKani? I tried Doulingo but it just couldn't hold my attention. ^^;

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 21:10:45 )

@Totalanimefan: I liked WaniKani but after canceling my monthly subscription I couldn't progress past the free lessons and became lazy with keeping up with it. I love Duolingo, but after losing my 862 day streak and losing every streak after that, I've lost motivation. ; A; I really need to get back to it, it's been at least 4-5 months since my last review.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 22:59:18 )

@Ark: I don't know if I could go back to it after breaking a streak like that. That's years worth of doing it everyday. I'm sorry for your loss lol.
Did you learn Kana? Or just grammar?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 00:00:01 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, mostly words, grammar, random sentences, and etc. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 00:30:51 )

@Ark: Nice. Do you feel like you would be good enough to get around in Japan?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 15:13:35 )

@Totalanimefan: Probably not, tbh. I'd love to go in a few years, so I've got to pick back up on it soon haha.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 16:07:22 )

@Ark: You will probably remember everything easier than you think. And don't judge yourself the first 48 hours. The jet lag plus the tiredness means you probably can't do anything. I was so tired after being awake for 26 hours that I couldn't say or understand any Japanese for the first meal and I felt like a failure. But then the rest of the 10 day trip I wasn't bad lol.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 16:51:02 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh wow, this is good to know. :O Thanks! I'm glad the rest of the trip was fine for you. :)

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 16:57:40 )
@Ark: welcome to voltra! your avatar is already heckin' cute!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 17:00:20 )

@Whimsy: Thank you! :3

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 17:08:48 )

@Ark: I have a hangout on here called Jabberwocky Junction, feel free to stop by to chat!

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/9 18:56:07 )

@Ark: No problem. I would like to go back, but I'm not looking forward to that flight again lol. I live on the east coast now so it will be even longer. (It was from CA before)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.