Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk My dog is sick

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 17:05:44 )

Hi guys. I wasn’t around yesterday because of my dog. (Idk how much I’ll be around today.)
I was getting ready to go for a bike ride when I found my dog eating rocks! I don’t know how many he ate while unsupervised but my husband did get the rock we saw him try to eat out of his mouth. I called a bunch of vets and they were either closed or couldn’t see him today so I had to go to an emergency vet and get an Lyft for it because it wasn’t anywhere near public transportation.

After a few hours of waiting the x-rays prove that he did in fact eat rocks they said to take him home and feed him bread. If he vomits then bring him back because that’s a bad sign. He was good all night but this morning he threw up bile. So today we are renting a car and taking him he seems fine otherwise.

My dog is almost 13 years old, a Chihuahua, and he has seizures and his heart murmur grew to severe in the last year. So it’s not safe to put him under for surgery. Idk what the vet is going to say today. :(

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 17:09:21 )

@Totalanimefan: oh god :o I was literally just about to message you asking if you were OK! That's terrible, your poor boy :( I really hope he's OK, you must be out of your mind with worry! I hope everything turns out OK, but you are giving him his best chance by taking him to the vet! Fingers crossed :)

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 17:09:40 )
I'm so sorry Total. I hope he'll be ok.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 17:18:56 )

@sunny: thanks. Sorry to worry you. I did see your good news in my thread. He’s been able to be happy lately but he’s been sleeping a lot more and with his heart he could go at any time. If he starts coughing so breathing weird it’s time. Idk yet about today. Besides that he was sick once he’s been like himself. He’s old so it’s not like he has a ton of energy.
@Priestess of Pie: thank you. You can read above for a little more info. We are getting the rental car now to take him to the vet. It will probably be a few hours before there is an update. They said it’s a bit of a wait but they said they wouldn’t charge us the emergency fee. Just a normal vet fee for whatever we decide to do for him. Obviously x-rays but he might need more.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 17:23:23 )

@Totalanimefan: at least he only threw up once. Maybe he will just have an upset tummy for a bit. Were they big rocks?

Donator — She, Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 17:26:11 )

Oh no!! I'm soo sorry to hear that, I know exactly how you feel. I hope he'll be ok!! The poor little guy, sending hugs your way

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 17:34:16 )

I hope he'll be fine. What an ordeal :( I'll wishcraft for you.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 17:43:33 )

@sunny: yeah maybe. They were big but he was biting them off into pieces he could swallow.
@NixieFae: thank you <33
@Whimsy: thank you 🙏

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 18:42:33 )

@Totalanimefan: oh, he's a naughty one. I really hope he's OK!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 21:14:35 )

Oh my gosh, that is so horrible! I am thinking of doggo, you, and your family. How horrible. I so hope he recovers, reading this hurt my heart. I can't imagine how worried you are and how difficult this is for you. I'm sending you lots of love and well-wishes.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 22:03:04 )

@sunny: yeah he is lol
@koneko: thank you <3
@Ava: thanks. I’m sure he is cause he hates the vet. He did like the car ride here though.
@Reanna: thank you. I was crying about it this morning but I feel stronger now.

He’s in with the vet but they are busy. He hasn’t gotten his X-rays yet.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 22:30:55 )

Update. Some rocks passed. One rock hasn’t but it wasn’t been that long since he ate the rock and he did eat bread today so they think he will be ok. But he need to email them an update tomorrow morning.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 23:56:16 )

O no total. Poor dog :( Hope he will be fine in the end.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/15 04:08:04 )

Thanks you guys for posting here. It really means a lot to me.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/15 04:13:17 )
Sending good health vibes your pup's way~

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/15 17:40:59 )

@Priestess of Pie: Thank you. I think they worked because he seems to be feeling better. :)
@Nephila: Thank you. I think you guys all helped him get better. He seems to be ok! It was a bit difficult with COVID, but it was what we had to do. I don't think I got it, it was just hard to wait outside the vets office for 2-3 hours outside while the sun was setting. And then the next day we rented a car instead, but it was a 4 hour wait that day. It was like our whole weekend was there.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/15 17:55:43 )
@totalanimefan: I'm glad. I hope you can both relax now.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/15 18:43:02 )

@Priestess of Pie: I hope so too. I found that he was sicker than we thought yesterday but we got the X-rays after, so he should be ok.
@Nephila: Thanks. Me too.

Donator — She, her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/15 19:38:13 )
You can die anytime...

Sorry to hear about your doggie. Glad to hear he's doing much better. Hoping for a fully recovery~

but living takes true courage.

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 22:48:58 )

@KimmiChan1989: Thank you. I think he will be ok. He seems back to normal.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.