Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Happy Solstice!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 21:35:53 )
There's something foul about the air here...

Happy Winter Solstice everyone! Anyone celebrating today? If you do how do you celebrate it?

Apparently tonight we'll be able to see Jupiter and Saturn line up in the sky, which I really hope I'll be able to see tonight myself.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 22:47:41 )
@grost: Hey Grost. I am sitting here by myself and drinking coffee, Listening to music and playing an RPG. Sounds really exciting huh. I don't have any candles to light and my sissy and bro went to visit his family so yeah I am just here and spending time with you guys. Might binge watch a whole bunch of Christmas movies but that is about it

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:16:14 )

@grost: Happy Solstice! I forgot that was today until a friend reminded me. It's a special day and I'm looking forward to the days getting longer as well.
I won't be able to see that in the sky tonight because it's cloudy here :(

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:25:31 )

@Ariella74: Hey Ariella :) doesn't really matter what you got, just as long as you're having a nice time today, just take time to treat yourself and relax for the day

@Totalanimefan: It's also pretty cloudy here, I'm just hoping things will clear up a tad so I can maybe catch a glimpse. If not, there'll always be some photos online. You doing anything special today? I made some chocolate chip cookies to celebrate and I'm gonna be using a candle I made along with a couple other smaller ones to light up my room tonight rather than using the normal lights

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:38:05 )
@grost: yes just doing me for2 weeks. lol

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:40:00 )

@Nephila: Wow that sounds like a real fun time you've got planned out! I would make a nice dinner for everyone but sadly money's kinda tight in my house, so it'll probably just be another night of fake mashed potatoes and turk'y cutlets for me and take out for everyone else.

I'm gonna light a candle for the members of the family that've passed, do you guys do something similar? I'm not religious so I kinda just do it from a point of spiritualism and trying to respect ancestors and whatnot, I'm kind of making up my own traditions lol

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:41:30 )

@Ariella74: That's good, I think we all need to take a break from the rest of reality for a moment, this year's kinda been a bit of a mess for everyone lol

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 23:56:59 )

Wait this is actually a thing?
I didn't know x.x

Maybe I'll be able to see it tonight since my neigbourhood doesn't have any tall buildings.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 00:03:54 )
@grost: Tell me about it. This year has sucked lol

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 00:05:52 )

@Purpsy: I live in a normal neighborhood with smaller houses, so I'm probably gonna go sit out on my garage's roof and stargaze if it's nice enough out tonight

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 00:07:50 )

@grost: Awe that's nice :3
I would do something similar if it's warmer here but is so cold right now TwT

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 00:21:27 )

@Purpsy: It's gonna be below freezing tonight but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end if I'm able to see anything. But who knows with the city light pollution we got here, crossing my fingers

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 00:25:04 )

@grost: Well good luck then ^^
I hope your able to see it. Maybe I'll check it at my balcony a bit later if I have clear skies tonight.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 01:45:27 )

Update on the conjunction for me: sadly the light pollution in my city makes it so I can't see it, if anyone else can see it and get a good photo, please post it here!

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 04:12:35 )

@grost: I’ve been wanting to make peanut butter cookies for like two weeks! At first I learned I was missing regular sugar so I bought some last time I was at the store but then I learned I’m also missing baking powder T-T so no cookies yet.
How did your cookies turn out?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 05:34:55 )

@Totalanimefan: They're super good, they're crumbly and soft and just ahhh so good, very proud of myself. I have a bomb peanut butter cookie recipe that's worth a shot if you want it, everyone that's tried them absolutely loves them.
I always keep those sorts of things as staples since they're so important to baking from scratch and I do that a lot. Generally basic baking ingredients are always in the pantry if I can help it lol, always nice to have stuff on hand to make cakes, cookies, and brownies whenever I feel like making some

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 07:27:27 )

@grost: I just moved across the country a few months ago so I haven’t restocked on everything for my pantry yet. ^^;
I would love to know your recipe for PB cookies.
Nice to hear yours turned out so good!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 18:16:23 )

I was working, so I wasn't able to see the conjunction or do anything for the solstice.. not that I'd have been able to do that anyway in my living situation.. but I did have some gluhwein. Festive enough.

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 20:34:27 )

@Totalanimefan: Boop here ya go :)

@Count Trashula: Sucks you couldn't celebrate too much but at least you got a little bit of festivity poked into the day

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — she, her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 20:40:43 )

Happy Solstice!

Last night my wife and I did a small ritual.
I worked on something’s I want to manifest.
I also made my mom’s cookie recipes, to try and help me get into the spirit.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.