Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hey hey hey!

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 10:37:04 )
@Liztress: Maybe even the admins from Mene will come here lol.
I like the forums of Mene more due to the layout but Voltra's got some nice threads and active users to keep you company!
Comic | Cosplay

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 11:14:19 )
@liztress: yeah the good times before the site was abandoned :/ what a waste of a nice site .. I always join avatar sites and I get to like them and next thing u know they close lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 17:50:01 )

@liztress: Hello, and welcome to Voltra! ๐Ÿ™‚

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 18:35:10 )
@Ouja Akuma: Maybe. I didn't really have any issues with them so I'd be happy to see them. Mene's layout is nice but I certainly think that Voltra has a good layout too. It's still growing and I am sure it can evolve into something even better.

@LilMissKushy: Yeah, I think that actually might be the only issue I had with the owner of Mene. I know he was busy and all. But as time went on, you could see that Mene wasn't quite a priority for him. I feel that if he knew he couldn't give Mene the attention it needed, then he could have gotten some people to help. Mene has/had a lot of veteran members who would gladly step up and do what they could.

@Merynia: Hello! And thank you for the welcome.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 19:40:48 )
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ € โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

@liztress: aww ur avi's already lookin v cute!
can i ask what you studied in school?

that sounds v cool :0 are you doing art for it and everything? or mostly graphic design?
the pins sound awesome :3 what pin factory do u use? do u buy a bunch at once and sell them on your own? (like it doesn't go straight from the pin factory to the person buying a pin ?)
i love celestial anything haha

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜ โ €โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 19:51:34 )
@xvz: Thank you! I'm loving the onesie and the pets. So cute!
I got my degree in Advertising and Graphic Design two years ago and I'm getting ready to start working on my degree for Early Childhood Education.

I sketch out the general design for them. Granted, I've only got like one actual pin made and about three other designs in the works. Once I get the sketch done, I scan it onto my computer and use Illustrator to polish it up. Once that's all done and I figure out what size to make it and all, I get in touch with a pin factory in China. They give me a price to make a certain amount. I didn't have many of my first pin made; it was like 50. Because it can be pricey. I'm not entirely sure of the factory's name but I buy (or will buy) in bulk to sell in a store on my own.
Celestial stuff is awesome, in my book. I'm actually planning on using Kickstarter at some point for a celestial tea set of pins once I get the designs all finished.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 23:03:59 )
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ € โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

@liztress: oh cool ^^ are you like in grad school for it now or ? what kind of teaching are you interested in doing? (or unless you're going in a different direction w it?)

that's fun! may i ask how you found the pin factory and if you would recommend it?
i do enjoy enamel pins and it's cool that they're now like accessible to make custom
i hope you share the celestial designs i bet they'd turn out really pretty! :3

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜ โ €โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 00:19:39 )
@liztress: yeah I know what u mean .. it was my first avatar site so was sad and frustrating .. like you said there was ways around it and people would of been happy to help.. I miss using my multi items lol I still log on every day hoping for a miracle lol

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 00:55:44 )

@xvz: Community college. I'm still a bit undecided which direction I want to go. But at my job, it's required to take one of the college courses and I figured that since I intend to stay at this job for at least 5 years then I would go ahead and get the full degree. So currently, it's so I can work at a daycare. But I think one day I want to be a teacher at a school.

I don't mind answering any questions. :) I researched pin factories on reddit and a couple different Facebook groups. There are a lot of factories and reviews on most tend to be very positive. I do recommend the one I used as I plan on going back to them when I make more.
I enjoy enamel pins too. And the fact that there is such a variety of them out there is awesome. There are some things you have to be mindful of, especially if you create fanart. Copyright is a major deal.

@LilMissKushy: Yeah. I still pop in from time to time hoping for the same miracle. It makes me really sad as I do have a lot of fond memories from there.

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 09:35:42 )
@liztress: me too I'd like if hummy came here I miss her she was always so nice to everyone.. I'm glad there are others here though it's nice to see people from mene joining

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 20:06:35 )

@LilMissKushy: I would love to see hummy here. She's one of the sweetest people you'd ever meet.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 20:09:44 )

@liztress: oh cool ^^ do you really like children?? is working at a daycare kind of like a career shift for you (e.g. from advertising/graphic design)?
i have a lot of respect for teachers :0 it's definitely a tough job but hopefully rewarding too

oh cool which one do u use?? is it easy to order from the place u use? the copyright thing is a good point :0
what kind of enamel pins do u have currently? ^^

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 20:22:51 )

@xvz: I do enjoy working with them. Moreso than working with adults. Sure, kids can be pain in the rears but they're young and can learn from mistakes. Some adults that I used to work with acted worse than kids and you couldn't get them to see how they might need to change how they acted. It is a career shift but not quite from advertising/graphic design. While graphic design is a field I still want to work in, it's been more of a side job as there are very few positions like that near me. And the ones that do pop up have alluded me when I applied. So I figured that given how I wanted to work at a preschool sort of setting years ago, that I would put focus on that as it's easier to get a job. Before the daycare, I worked for an automotive glass factory. Easy work but some of the coworkers were awful and management could have been better.
And same. I respect teachers a lot. Even more now after working with school age kids. Those guys can be a handful! But no matter how much they would act out, I still like the kids. I'm actually training to work with infants and toddlers now. Which has been a nice change.

Kunshan Jiayue Pins is the name of the pin factory I use. I think it's easy to order as long as you know what you want. But if you have any questions, they work with you. And yeah, it's why people have to be super careful with how they word their descriptions and plan their designs.
Right now, I just has this butterfly pin. It's a Sailor Moon inspired butterfly. I got the designs for the other sailor scouts planned out but I can't afford to have them produced yet. I have some other designs not related to this pin in the works as well.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 20:39:16 )

@liztress: ohh yeah i guess w adults ppl are more set in their ways ... i think super young kids for me personally feel like a bit too much responsibility, like what if i teach them the wrong thing lol ... i've taught like hs and college age students before and i think the older you are the more the emphasis is on the content itself, i feel like the younger they are the more you have to be like, a positive role model and teach life things too haha (like how to interact w others, work ethic, character, attitude, etc.)

yeah i've heard graphic design is much harder to find work in esp so if ur not in a big city... can i ask what kind of work u did at the automotive glass factory? :0

oh cool, thanks for sharing! /bookmarks pin factory page :3
that sounds fun i'm excited for u, u must be looking forward to it ^^ do u have a favorite sailor scout?

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 21:25:26 )

@xvz: Oh, definitely. I've noticed that kids usually are more open to changing their behavior than adults. But it's not always a guaranteed thing. And I get you on the extra responsibility with the super younger kids. I try to be the best role model I can be for any age group. But it can be tough, especially when certain things clash with how a parent is raising their kids. An example is how I always stress to kids that when someone talks bad about you, that you can't just go after them and try to fight them. Or even really return the favor of talking bad about the ones talking about you. But I've known of parents who think that standing up for yourself means doing one of those two things.

It is. I've been learning that the hard way. I started out inspecting the windshields. You know, making sure there were no scratches or defects. Then I transferred to the department that puts the stuff that seals the windshield into the space on the car as well as make sure the place for the mirror was on there. I liked the work, though I probably ruined a lot of shirts and pants when I was one of the ones who put a paint-like substance around the edges of the windshields. That stuff splattered a lot, especially during the summer when it got runny.

No problem. It is fun to come up with the designs and making them. Hm, I don't really have a favorite scout. I like all of them, though my Sailor Moon collection would probably say I'm more for Sailor Moon herself.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 02:41:50 )
Liztress:

@Kent: You work with little kids? Like at a daycare? That's actually what my job is. I was working with school aged kids but they're training me to work with the babies and toddlers. It can be stressful when it involves kids.

Thank you.

Yeah, I don't plan on pushing to sell my pins here. I don't want to break any rules.

Yeah, I work at an elementary school in the media center. I used to just check out and in books but the covid situation and renovation of the media center changed everything so I barely check out books now. I’ve been supervising students from first through fourth grade. It can be so tiring... So glad it’s winter break!

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 15:17:20 )

@Kent: Working in the media center sounds fun. Maybe not having to supervise kids, though. Hopefully the kids know how to mind themselves as well as can be expected for their ages. And winter break is always nice.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 16:29:02 )

@liztress: ahh tru yeah i feel like the younger they are the more you run into conflicts like that, like how a parent wants to teach their kids and what philosophy to go by ... how has working at the daycare been like?

oh that's interesting ... i don't know anyone who has worked at a glass / windshield place :0 what was the paint like substance, like a special coating for it? what made you choose to switch to working at the daycare?

Donator — She/ Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 18:17:42 )

@xvz: It's also a matter of not knowing which parents have the mindset to believe everything their kids tell them and think that their kid does no wrong. I'm all for believing your kid when they say something happened and getting to the bottom of it. But no child is perfect. Shoot, no one is perfect. We all act out to a point. We've had kids tell their parents that one of the teachers was bringing an Xbox in. Which is far from the truth. The teacher was asking the class what they were wanting for Christmas and the sort of stuff they wish could be brought to the classroom. Gaming systems were mentioned and the teacher made the remark that it was something that the boss would have to decide on. One kid decided that meant the teacher was going to sneak it in. As for working at the daycare, I'm liking it a lot. The school age kids honestly are a bit much for me to handle by myself so when I was given the chance to move to a different age group, I was happy to take it.

It's like an adhesive. There's two parts to it, a clear and a black. The clear makes it so the black sticks to the glass. And it's an interesting place to work at. Got to be careful depending on where you work in there as glass can hurt you badly. I haven't really gotten cut by glass but know of some who had some rough accidents. And the decision to go to the daycare was kind of random. I was on light duty for twisting my ankle at the glass factory (it's mostly better now but I don't think it will ever get to 100%) so my hours were cut. Then I wound up with a cold and they made me and the person who gave me a ride to and from work get tested for covid. Results were negative for both of us. But she decided she couldn't risk giving me a ride anymore so I had no way to work. So I pretty much had to quit. And was looking for a new job when I got the offer to work at the daycare. I took it as it's a lot closer to home. I'm not really bummed about losing the job at the glass place since I had been looking for a new job closer to home for awhile.

My Questing Corner

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 19:24:33 )

@liztress: haha that's a funny story ... i guess as a kid there are so many ways to easily misinterpret things too lol... what age group are you with now? how has covid stuff affected the way yall do things?

that's interesting! i'm having a hard time picturing the black stuff though ... is it like tinting or something? i'm picturing like a "how it's made" episode haha it seems really specific and not a lot of ppl get to see what that process is like!

sorry to hear about ur ankle i hope it's healing ok! how long has it been since you twisted it?

โ €โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €art shopโ €·โ €galleryโ €·โ €closetโ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €buying / questing: capricorn โ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.