Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 02:45:27 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

So ever since i graduated ive been unemployed (6 months now) and ive been searching for a job thats both for only a few months and partime for a few reasens. I need a job to get healthcare so i can get my top surgery and i think the minimum wait time is like 6 months?, after that i know ill need awhile to heal. Then id try to find an internship at a tattoo shop. The partime is perfect as i live with my grandparents and only one of them is capable of caring for themselves (she can take care of my granpa but its already giving her so much stress so i like to help out whenever i can).

And i finally did it! It was very confusing at first bc i never got told "your hired". But i had to sign some documents, listen to an info meeting and other things and they told me i can fill in my planing and come. So im verry happy!
Im aslo proud of myself with my personal improvements, i have authism and social anxiety, ive only recently came over my fear of phone calls. Ive always been scared that i wont actually be able to do something myselff, but here i am! being a hecking adult!!
Also im exited to finally make some money bc i get a monthly allowence from my grandparents, wich im verry thankful for but its verry hard to save up for something when you only get 50 euros a month.
The first thing im saving for (wich ive actually been saving up awhile for) is my very first tattoo! And while ofc i cant know the exact total ill be paying i found a tool online that helped me roughly to calculate how much ill be needing (about 700 euro). After that i want to get a new drawing tablet, ive had mine for more then 5 years and its starting to kind of bug and fall apart.

Theres not really a meaning to this post but i like sharing what i think about lol

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 03:50:45 )
I'm nearly 21 and man doing any adult work is exhausting. I mailed a package today and I barely understood what they needed me to do because of how awkward I am. Hopefully I should be getting my ID soon though.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 04:34:37 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Evilcupcakecat: Im lucky im getting alot of help and suport from my family, but my friend whos the same age as me is stressing out like hell.
Not to bash on school but also...
They basicly dont learn you how to do practical stuff, and for me with alot of suport thats ok but then people who dont have that oof. I feel like they are kind of just thrown to the street. Everything is so confusing and especially now with the world gone to shit (pardon my french) it all kinda feel verry exhausting.
Lets hope with the new year that things will start getting better.
I also wish you luck on your journey to adulting!
And bc it has to be said, im proud of you for doing your best!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 13:01:34 )
Congratulations on adulting!!!!
I totally understand the final release of pressure when you get your first job out of university.
That's the exact same time I also improved my phone call anxiety and it's a great feeling to feel even just that little bit more independant!

Sounds like you have a great plan to work towards!
Wishing you all the best~

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 18:59:57 )
Congratulations on your new job!

The most important thing I learned about being an adult is that NO ONE has figured it out. Everyone is a mess and just doing the best we can. Not saying some people don't have it easier (because they definitely do) but no one is perfect and everyone has their own problems so don't feel like you aren't good enough when things get hard.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 01:36:07 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Nephila: Thank you! and totally understandable, i absolutly hate public transportation but sadly i dont drive so i rely on it alot.

@Keturah: Thank you very much! I remember just a year or 2 ago i almost quit school bc the stress was getting too much, on top of that things where going downhill at home so everything togeter kinda got too much. But im so glad i didnt give up, i pushed trough and i wish i could tell my past self "its gonna be ok"

@Priestess of Pie: Thank you! and yea, its easy to forget since most people dont really talk about it? I sometimes ask my family how they did when they where my age and they also strugled alot.

@koneko: Its very confusing! i dont know why they cant just tell you "yo your hired!". But also i didnt have to do a job interview so i was waiting until they told me to meet them at a surtain place or video chat... but they where happy enough with my resume so welp.
And thank you! Ive had some troubles with it and actually wanted to get it done earlyer but the healthcare im with curently told me they dont pay anything back and in order to get a new one i need a job first (wich i find a wierd rule?). But now everything is up and running!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 12:13:23 )
@goblinsandtea:
You did amazing!!!
Mad respect to you for not giving up. You're doing great!
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 00:35:54 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Keturah: Thank you verry much!!!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 00:42:58 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I'm so happy to hear how well things are going for you!
I totally understand anxiety of phone calls. I dislike phone calls for that reason.
I had to call the doctor's back in October and the bank and it was so anxiety inducing.
What kind of drawing tablet are you planning to get?

Currently I am working towards saving up for the XP Pen's Deco.
Mostly for that dial...and glove...and pen lmao.
My pen is just plastic so i often get calluses if i draw for more than an hour.

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 01:59:01 )
@goblinsandtea: Congrats on getting the job! :)

Adulting is difficult for me too.

Ever since last year, I learned how to travel many places by myself on public transport, whereas for much of my life, my understanding was limited to travelling to only around 1 or 2 places by myself. Otherwise, I needed someone to drive me. Phone apps are really helpful in building independence and travel training.

@priestess of pie: I also used to think everyone seemed happy/wasn't as worried as I was for the longest time. But since last year, all these songs about going on a journey/road, just holding yourself together to get through the day, and feeling anxious hits differently to me.
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 02:51:13 )
I miss being a kid. Back when I was small I wanted to be an adult but now I understand why everyone said I didn't want to be. On the plus side I finally got my ID today! :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 03:22:44 )
Congratulations on your new job. :) Adulting is very hard for me as I need to learn so many things like how to catch public transport, pay bills and learn how to do laundry. I have been applying to a dozen jobs as I am so desperate to move out of my parents’ house which can be kind of noisy and stressful. I’m doing HelloFresh and learning how to cook my own meals more so that’s a good start for me. :)

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 03:30:39 )
@Juliette: Same. I have four younger siblings so my family's house is loud as heck. It is NEVER quiet there. I'm glad that I moved out although now i'm much farther away from my job and I have to either take the bus or a cab.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 19:25:50 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@MoodyB: Thank you! And im looking into getting a Huion Kamvas 13", they are aperently of one of the cheapest display tablets on the market. Ive always wanted one but most are so expensive, i also didnt want anything too big bc i dont have alot of room. On top of that they are availble in black, green and purple wich i thought was cool lol.

@Jessamine: @Ava: I totally get that, i started using public transport when i was around 13 to get to school. However for 7 years that has always been the same route and i remember they once changed it and i had to start taking 2 difrent trams instead of 1 and i had a panic atack. So whenever i had to go somewhere ive never been i needed a family member with me/had to ask my grandpa or mom to drive me to the place. I improved alot when i started going to my psychologist, now i go to new places alone. I never took the train alone tho, mainly bc i never had to before. Here in belgium we also have an app that shows the route the bus/ will take and what time it will arive ect so that is also great! Also for me what helped is having somebody i trust go with me at first and then go alone, plan out the route and search it on google maps to know where exactly i need to be ect.

@Evilcupcakecat: Congrats on your ID!! i personally never really wanted to grow up, i thought it was rather scary and mayby bc of my authism the change it would bring intimidated me. People also said ive always been more mature for my age, wich is now more known as not being a good thing. And in some aspect i feel like i do want to be a kid again but on the other side i dont think ill ever outgrow being a child. I still get exited about stickers, i collect dolls (they arent really toys but still), i try to wear clothes that make me happy wich sometimes make me end up looking like a clown and i think thats great.

@Juliette: Thanks! i bet your doing great aswel! Finding a job is very hard, now with the pandemic going on its even harder. I personally dont plan on moving out soon but i understand for others its a high need. I hope for you that yould find a job soon!!!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 22:19:25 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@GoblinsAndTea: Oh nice! that's cool they come in different colors.
I'm still using non screen tablets.
I feel too much pressure to not break a screen tablet lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 23:59:23 )
@GoblinsAndTea: You’re welcome and thanks. :)

Voltie — Princess Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 00:08:14 )

@GoblinsAndTea: Thats so amazing! I am so happy and proud of you for coming so far despite the hurdles! Keep going strong and best of luck to your future life as an adult!

Always ping me please.

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 02:30:38 )
I'm glad I got my ID because a lot of people think I'm like 16 when they look at me. :( Everyone says I'll be happy I look young later but rn it's annoying.
Male/20/gay/sad. :(
I usually only check this site like once or twice a day so it might take me a bit to respond.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 07:46:24 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@MoodyB: Ive honestly been debating it tho, im also scared id break the screen hhh. Im also used to looking at my pc screen and have a better posture then when i draw on paper bc i look down then. But the Goblin within me is screaming "BIIIG BOI ART TABLET! SHINY COLOR!!! HOHO MUST GET" and like i cant argue with that.

@Saeyra: Thank you verry much! :')

@Evilcupcakecat: I can belive that! Ive never really been seen as older or younger. But as a trans person getting mis identified sucks

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 22:10:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@GoblinsAndTea: haha i mean you should definitely treat yourself
as this year has been strange. so I definitely would.

I don't think i could ever afford a screen tablet as im barely making money
off my art as that's the only job i can do.
but my tablet is roughly between $104-130.
so im hoping one day i can afford it.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.