Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee I'm New Here

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:55:24 )

@Vivid Fizz: Yeah it's super different from English, and the verb conjugations!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 07:53:23 )
@Totalanimefan: The verb conjugations are, by far, are the hardest for me to understand and wrap my mind around. Mostly because there are so many and they all tie in with different scenarios- like past, present, and future and also past, present, and future but with the idea of 'she wanted to', 'she did do', 'she would have done' instead. Not that English is any better with its grammatical rules... in fact, it's worse. English is a dirty bastard thief language that's slapped together with paper clips and chewed bubblegum.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 20:19:40 )

@Vivid Fizz: yup. It’s the same in Japanese and I always struggled with them.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/4 10:57:49 )
@Totalanimefan: It's impressive you learned some Japanese! I'm struggling with a language that shares a common core with my native tongue, and it's still a pain in the booty.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/4 17:19:24 )

@Vivid Fizz: Oh Japanese was not easy, but I had the drive and the want to learn it, so I did. It was my major at Uni. Now I would say it's alright. Good enough that I have a friendship with a family in Japan. We bonded over Pokemon Go, and the housewife/mom only speaks Japanese. She might know like a word or two in English, but no grammar. She is back in Japan now, but we still text. I feel like I'm not good enough to use it in a business setting. It's a different type of Japanese both in word and grammar and there you can't really make a mistake or it's considered rude. So high pressure XD
Did you happen to have your final? Or is that still next week? I'm getting my weeks messed up.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/4 21:44:48 )
@Totalanimefan: My finals week in next week, although I technically had my poetry class' final today after we turned in our poem portfolios.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 00:28:04 )

@Vivid Fizz: How do you feel like your did? Also, sweet, sweet freedom!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 01:59:10 )
@Totalanimefan: I probably aced it. The amount of revision I did to those poems was ridiculous and my work is shown through every single revision. So much so that the portfolio ended up being twenty-five pages long for fifteen poems. And sweet, sweet freedom from that class! I still have a five page paper to write for Core Texts and both my Spanish and Sociology exams to get through.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 03:06:13 )

@Vivid Fizz: Yay awesome! And now you get to relax until the next semester! What are you going to do now?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 03:34:34 )
@Totalanimefan: Once all the exams are finished, I'm probably going to give myself a few days to center and do some cleaning. This place needs a good scrub. I'm not sure what I'm going to do after until next semester starts. Probably jump face first into RP and slowly accumulate the books I need for spring semester.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/7 02:55:10 )

@Vivid Fizz: sounds like a good plan to me lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.