Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG spooky chat⠀|⠀afterparty art freebies :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 03:48:26 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat + afterparty art freebies :3

chiffon omg those are adorable!!!!!! :0
did u only print one of each? what did u stick them on
that bumblee art tho is so good :0

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 03:48:55 )
time to ruin everything...

okay found some yeah JKDHJKD

of course this sold poorly I was making it for me...

man I had so many more tho?? iunno if I posted them online tho and they'd be on an old laptop ;'3c

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 03:51:24 )

omg the pokemon and artemis are so cute ............ i would buy some ......

also lmao i would imagine the market for chibi iasip is probably small lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 03:55:49 )
Xvz, thank you :vivihappy:
I tend to print only one haha, and I stick them on my card holder with neck strap :o

Ghost, I'm dying from cuteness overload. :3 and nice charm btw

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 03:57:41 )

DYING OKAY SO LIKE... FIRST OF ALL....

I helped with the maid cafe because my brother's then girlfriend always ran it, and I'd help out >;c I wasn't serving anyone I was usually helping prepare things for the girls and doing the graphic design for them and stuff HAHA (I did... dress up tho to match their themes..... h-hh...) they'd do different themes every year tho not just standard maid

but yeah in exchange I got to share a table with some of the girls for free... then it slowly just became me and one other girl and when the cafe stopped being run by her we would just split the cost and share it

AND OKAY MY BEEF STORY HAHA... so the FIRST YEAR this con was running they held a mascot creation contest and on a whim I entered... they had their congoers vote for their fave and I actually won. BUT... I was unable to make it that first year because I was out of town and got very sick, so I wasn't there to pick up my prize but they said they'd send it to me... they never did and I was just like "oh WELP it happens, whatever"

next year instead of either reaching out to me or commissioning some other artist to draw them, they did a REAL CRAPPY edit of my original art to give them new outfits and make the girl (it was a duo of mascots) be skinnier and I was like "WOW YIKES HAHA???" but it was kinda funny for how shoddy it was... that year I DID go and I sold so poorly like, I lost money (they had dealers and artists all mixed together so I was kinda lost in a sea of merch) so yeah, decided I probably wouldnt go back...

third year they announce "NEW MASCOT CONTEST" and Im like ????????? do you guys not understand.... the purpose of a mascot?? like it wasnt a contest to come up with new outfits or art or anything like normal cons do... they just didnt like the ones I made them and wanted to replace them I GUESS... people got big mad at them tho and literally every comment was about how scummy a move that was and also like "YOU HAD US VOTE??? ITS WHAT WE WANTED???" and they cancelled the contest... and I think they just havent used any mascot since like

what a waste of literally everyone's time HAHA ITS SO WEIRD??

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:00:19 )

the charms were double sided, so if you flipped Artemis over Luna was on the other side ;3c (and the pokemon ones, the shiny was on one side, normal on the other) ... I had all the eeveelutions too but no picks of those i guess rip

actually I probably have pics on facebook but man... do I wanna open it... HAHA

and thank you o':

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:00:19 )

chiffon i hope u make more if u feel like it! they're so cute :"3
do u have other things u put stickers on?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:03:24 )
Ghost, that sounds really awful, why did they do this to your art is beyond me D:
And you're welcome ^^

Xvz, I do hope so lol as I've been trying to familiarize myself with Medibang recently
Unfortunately no, though I lowkey wanted to put stickers on my small tumbler but I'm afraid the stickers will wear off easily >_> ;

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:05:21 )

SELLING AT CONS TEACHES YOU A LOT HONESTLY...

like its such a guessing game to figure out whats going to sell or not... or like you ride a wave of something being popular one year, it might not be the next or by the time you go to sell so its a gamble HAHA

the SAFEST bets are always Pokemon and Zelda, but they also have the most competition. doing stuff for shounens usually works out too (my friend sold mostly that and did very well... I...didnt do as well HAHA but also she was a better artist-)

my problem was always.... liking stuff that isn't very popular ;'3c so not being able to make stuff I enjoy...

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:06:09 )

YEAH I have no clue Chiffon, it was so odd... I just remember being so baffled by all of it

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:06:24 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

i legit considered helping out at the maid cafe once, but then i remembered that i dislike dealing with people and have like no customer skills anyway. my skill repertoire is better put to work elsewhere XD

oof that mascot story is... well, i understand why you feel the way you do, that's for sure.

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:06:24 )

aww that sucks abt the mascot though i'm sorry :-/ may i ask to see it?? (no pressure at all)
it sucks to lose money at a con too, like it's so much effort already ... i guess diff cons will have different models for how they sell tables and i think some put more risk on the vendors/artists than the con (kind of similar to music venues i think?)

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:07:30 )

ghost:
I did... dress up tho to match their themes..... h-hh...

amazing ......... just quoting this for preservations sake don't mind me ..............

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:10:57 )
Ghost, I see *nods* and true, it's usually the popular series (such as Pokemon, Zelda, etc. as you've mentioned above) get more competition and attention. Same goes for genres too :o
And same, if you like stuff that isn't very popular and not being able to enjoy then it's a lose-lose situation.

Oh dear, that sounds really unfortunate when it comes to risk of losing money at conventions D: I used to have thoughts about having to set up a booth back then despite having no experience and no IRL friends whatsoever but after thinking about the disadvantages just made me feel really nervous.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:11:28 )

awwww artemis and luna i have a friend who would legit love a charm like that .........

yeah i can imagine vending at cons being a gamble :-/ i always loved the artist alleys though
ghost whats the not popular stuff you'd make ??

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:14:25 )

okay I found the mascots but FULL DISCLAIMER... they look rough I'm sobbing at the bad art and the "graphic design is my passion" of it all..... how's it only been 5 years... what was I thinking.......

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:14:39 )

woah vixen there are maid cafes where you are??? :0 i think it would be fun to play a character like that but aha working in food service tho ..........

chiffon what do u think of medibang so far? ^^ and ah yeah i guess something like a tumbler might get wet easily too
i usually keep a notebook/journal so if i can't think of anything else to put a sticker on i've put stickers on those before lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:17:14 )

wait they're so cute lol, i love thunder aww!!!

whew remember 2016 ............. where was i in 2016 even hmm

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:19:45 )
Artist alleys are cool :o Though it depends on which artist you like I suppose?

Ghost, those mascots look really cool!! (I'm talking about your original art, not the edit lol) I like the girl's ribbon polka-dot dress thingy :3
And that bad edit though, it looks like they made her legs really skinny and I'm like "wait, what", I also noticed they did edited her stockings and her dress as well.

Xvz, hmmm It was good so far but I still have to get used to it haha. I like how Medibang gives you the option to use correction when you use a mouse to draw :o and yep, it does
Oh I see *nods* That's a good advice :3

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:21:04 )

DYING AND YELLING...

LIKE OKAY one year I did Tsuritama stickers because I thought it was popular enough and I thought that anime was super cute right? but turns out like... only me and one of my friends watched it out of our entire city it was WACK...

so I didn't really gamble by making anything I actually really loved because I knew the crowd wouldn't be into it HAHA like if i was in a bigger city or selling online I might but, that city was too small to try doing nicher things

and yeah it's always risky... I remember some people I went to school with sold at a table one year and they made... $20... and lost hundreds because they bought a bunch of stock and equipment and I was like, gritting my teeth because I tried to warn them "start small, START SMALL-" but they ignored me so hard TO BE FAIR they were ... only selling art of their My Little Pony ocs... thats... way too niche... nobody wanted it...
later.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.