Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests vixen's item tracker • come chat

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 00:58:00 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah gotta protect my hands/wrists.
well their social skills (at least at a superficial level) are fine. i'd say this is more of a personality/ego issue than anything else.
like lacking awareness that maybe this isn't the time or place for comments like that....
and ...maybe i should not be the one hearing all of this LOL
idk i'm trying to be polite about it XD

ouo;;

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 01:01:15 )

at the end of the day, all of this just comes off as mid-tier players squabbling about how "highest tier" play should be when they themselves are .... not good enough to really make that statement. LOL

besides, the variability of gameplay in the higher tiers isn't really the thoughtfulness of the strategy employed, but rather the consistency of it's execution. most people, unless they are grinding out and practicing these combat rotations or group strats at regular and frequent intervals, are going to be making more small mistakes that accumulate and wipe the raid. but to be honest, it's a lot to ask of someone to dedicate so much energy and time into a game unless you're going professional with that game (and i guarantee you there is NO professional scene for this game)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 01:05:48 )

@Vixen: lol good that you are trying to be polite about it. Sometimes that difficult. lol

Exactly right about play tiers. ^^;

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 01:06:32 )

Speaking of games, I just read that E3 is going to be virtual this year. I kinda knew that it would be, but just knowing that things are still going to be virtual in June is kinda sad.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 01:10:07 )

@Totalanimefan: trying lol. idk if i really succeed most of the time XD

oh yeah E3 exists lol
in general E3 seems quieter these days with most things happening at PAX.
last i heard, PAX is still trying for in-person, but idk if that's still true.
tbqh, i suspect things are going to be virtual well past summer too

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 01:20:05 )

@Vixen: I feel like you are the type that would succeed at that lol.
Yeah E3 is quieter, and was there even an E3 in 2020? I feel like everyone just cancelled last min and didn't even have anything to show online.
When is PAX? (I've never been to one but my friends have)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 01:44:46 )

@Totalanimefan: lol maybe the words themselves, but my facial features and tone of voice give away everything LOL

i'm not sure actually if e3 even happened in 2020. pax is in like 5 different locations. there's one for east, west, south, unplugged, aus, and like... dev and online as well? so 6-7 events around america and one in australia

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 02:11:56 )

@Vixen: true. I’ve never seen your face or heard you talk lol

Yeah you might be right. There was no E3 2020. I knew there was a PAX East and West. I don’t know where they are or what time of year they are. I know they are popular. Maybe I should see if one is near me for normal times. Have you ever been?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 02:47:01 )

@Totalanimefan: east is boston maybe? west is seattle? dev is seattle. south is somewhere in texas. apparently unplugged is in pliladelphia.
i have not, but i've been wanting to go to one in 2020.... yeah that didn't work out for me LOL

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 02:57:28 )

@Vixen: RIP :( I’m sorry. I wanted to go to fun places in 2020 too. But we know how that turned our.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:24:28 )

@Totalanimefan: it's not the end of the world. PAX is just one of those things on my bucket list that would be cool to go to at least once.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:41:24 )

@Vixen: is PAX still going to happen after corona? My favorite con, Otakon, might not happen anymore :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:42:50 )

@Totalanimefan: like organizationally? probably. pax is a big convention/conference series backed by industry.
is otakon is fan run?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:06:48 )

@Vixen: that’s true. It is industry run whereas Otakon is fan run :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 05:06:15 )

@Totalanimefan: i always thought otakon was a big con though :o

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 05:08:44 )

@Vixen: it is. It’s 30,000+ people. But it’s still non-profit and run by volunteers. ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 05:25:27 )

@Totalanimefan: not enough volunteers?
it's always sad when a con is discontinued though

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 05:47:00 )

@Vixen: it’s more the cost of running the con. The DC con center isn’t cheap. Plus they have to rent every single chair, table, mic, cable etc that you see. Plus guests and Their room and board etc. apparently it’s very expensive.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/10 19:13:46 )

@Vixen: I send you some items from your quest ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 04:00:06 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah don't con centers require you to get chairs and stuff from them specifically?

also thank you very much! that's very kind of you <3

please @ me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.