Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Autumn Block Party 2017 Voltra Autumn Block Party - Event FAQ

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:13:42 )

On the twenty fourth of September, you emerge onto Main Street to find that the roads are blocked off with big sandwich boards that read Voltra’s Autumn Block Party. A rainbow of balloons are tied with shiny white plastic string to the boards, so many in number that the signs appear to be close to floating away. Beyond you can make out a multitude of brightly colored tents and even brighter garbed people mulling around the open streets. The thick, greasy smells of fair foods fill your nose from popcorn and funnel cake stands and you can make out the familiar faces of the local shopkeepers and city council members standing under tents with a variety of games on display for your perusal.

What are you waiting for? Go play!

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:14:41 )

Welcome to the Voltra Autumn Block Party! To celebrate Voltra’s opening and welcome its new residents, Vanora and her crew have taken it upon themselves to host a special party with lots of fun games and contests for you to try out! Claim a thread for your own to chat with your friends, meet the shopkeepers and people who run your new city, and jump in a contest or two and try to win big. To make things extra special, all of the shopkeepers have special ordered some of their favorite items to add to their stock. They could only get limited amounts, though, so make sure you grab yours before the end of the party!

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:15:18 )
Frequently Asked Questions

How long is the Voltra Autumn Block Party?
★ The event will run from September 24, until October 8, with the NPCs selling the last of their inventories until October 10 to allow appropriate time to buy any last minute recolors that may be earned and added to the stores at the end of the event. This should give you two weeks to apply to the existing contests, unlock your event items and preferred recolors, and enjoy the free use of our event forum.

Where can I get the event items?
★ Each NPC’s special event item can be purchased from their respective stores in exchange for Volts once they’ve been unlocked.

How do I unlock event items?
★ Event items are unlocked during the event by everyone collaborating together and being active on the forums! Each NPC has two EIs for this event, but only the first one in it’s initial default coloring is available from the start. To unlock an NPC’s second item, as well as recolor options, everyone will need to work together by posting to meet the thread page goal for the specific NPC’s contest thread, at which time the new item will be added to that NPC’s shop.

Are there recolors of the event items?
★ Yes! But not from the start. The grand prize winner of each NPC contest will win, in addition to their Ohm prize, the choice of one recolor option that will be added to the stores. That winner will, of course, be granted their recolor option for free.

★ Other recolor options are unlocked through event activity. After the first item has been unlocked in an NPC contest thread, hitting that page goal again, such as hitting page 100 on a thread where page 50 was the original goal, will unlock an additional recolor option for that NPC’s items. The current page goal will be documented in each NPC thread.

★ Finally, additional recolors can be unlocked through general activity in the event forum. Every 500 posts made anywhere in the event forum will unlock a recolor for a random NPC’s items.

How much are recolors?
Recolors are separate items from the default event items. Their cost is the same as the default, and additional recolors must be purchased as they are unlocked.

How many contests can I participate in?
★ You can participate in any and all of the contests being run for this event, as many as you feel comfortable with. Some contests allow several attempts--be sure you read the contest threads fully so you know how many submissions you can make!

How long will event items be available?
★ Event items will leave stores on October 10th. Recolors can only be unlocked until the 8th, though, so be sure you post as much as you want to before that date!

Can I post in the event forum?
Yes! Threads of all types are allowed in the forum for any themed hangouts, stores, chat threads, etc!

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:15:57 )
Unlocked Event Items

Valentina’s Tool Belt

Price: 250 Standard, 125 Recolors

Valentina’s Work Gloves

Vyctor’s Belt

Vyctor’s Horns

Vontell’s Watch

Vontell’s Book

Vivienne’s Flower

Vivienne’s Apron

Vanora’s Belt

Vanora’s Necklace

Velvet’s Necklace

Price:250 Standard, 125 Recolors

Velvet’s Earrings

Price:250 Standard, 125 Recolors

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:30:11 )
"Hehe, I think this place is all set up! So if you have any questions I didn't cover, you can ask me here, okay? Helper Vanora is on the job!"

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:40:42 )
Velvet necklace is on city rack
You lied to us ;u;

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:41:17 )
I’m so excited omg

Donator — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:42:57 )
Cute accessories~ > w< So we can unlock more items that the npcs are wearing? * o*

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:43:28 )
We can? Omg ! How exciting!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:43:30 )
Yay thank you for the event!!
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:44:02 )
I need to get home!!!! Tomorrow I’m off, Tuesday and Wednesday haha :3

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:44:02 )
I'm so excited for this event!
Thank you for all your hard work, NPCs and the PCs behind the NPCs!

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 05:44:50 )
Ashrae:
Velvet necklace is on city rack
You lied to us ;u;

Oh, gosh, you're totally right! Let me just scribble that out and--there we go!

And yes! We've all got a secondary item that we're planning to get in stock during the event! Our supplier has also mentioned the possibility of off color options, if the demand is high enough--I hope you guys are active enough that we can order them in!

Donator — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 06:01:05 )
I would love a red version of Vivienne's flower. * w*
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 06:07:37 )
Ohh, a red version would be cute! I'm personally in favor of a white or black version...not that I have a bias or anything, you know~

If you want a red version, don't forget you can apply to her contest--the grand prize winner gets the recolor of their choice, after all!
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 06:29:16 )
wooo i want that flower ;o; it looks so pretty
9000/48000 volts!
PING me :vanora_smile:
Some sick dungeon beats
i want to rp! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:00:37 )
Thanks for all the info, Vanora! Guys, don't forget to keep checking back here for updates. And most importantly, have fun at the block party!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:50:43 )
Does non npc created thread count as the 500 posts = 1 recolor?

Npc — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:56:28 )
Good morning all!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:58:02 )
Oh thats amazing

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.