Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 17:15:46 )
Didn't see you there.

I'm new. I found this by a nostalgia search of sites like Gaia, since Gaia is.. well, I'm sure you've seen it.

This is more home-y lookin'. I like it. Good vibes.

Anyway, nice to be here. I probably won't be the most active of members, I have a busy life. But I'll be around lurkin'. And chattin'.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 17:41:58 )

@Xaphiel: hey there, welcome to the site! If you'd like, you can check out the charities subforum to get some free items. Let us know if you need any help!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 18:11:14 )
"The future must know where you've been."

Welcome to Voltra!! If you have any questions, let us know :3
I can send you some free daily gifts if you want :0

"The past predicts the state you're in!"
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 19:28:52 )

@xaphiel: Welcome to Voltra! ๐Ÿ™‚

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 19:59:18 )

@Xaphiel: hey welcome to the Voltra. We are a small but friendly community make yourself at home here. We’re going to have a Halloween event at the end of the month you should hang out with us then if you can’t do it on the daily.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 20:06:47 )
Thank you, all ! :virgil-celebrate:

0v7:
"The future must know where you've been."

Welcome to Voltra!! If you have any questions, let us know :3
I can send you some free daily gifts if you want :0

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

I definitely would not turn away free things. Ever.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/10 20:24:10 )
@Xaphiel: Welcome to Voltra! c: I hope you enjoy it here!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/11 02:38:34 )
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ € โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

@xaphiel: hii welcome to voltra ^^
i just joined may of this year also out of nostalgia for avi sites :-) i've found the community here to be fairly sweet wholesome friendly etc and have stuck around, hope you do too !

i found the newbie guide and item museum rather helpful when i first joined! and some terminology -- volts are our regular currency, ohms are the premium currency, crates are our monthly donation items, and orbs are random item generators that rotate out every 3 months! lmk if you have any questions :-)

what have you been busy with these days?

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜ โ €โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/11 02:50:07 )
@xvz: Thanks for all the info, to you all. Definitely will explore a bit.

I've mainly been busy with work. I manage at a particular game store and with holidays and new consoles coming, I'm a busy guy.

But outside of work, been obsessed with Genshin Impact.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/11 18:00:21 )
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ € โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

@xaphiel: don't hesitate to ask questions if u have any, everyone has been v friendly and happy to help here i've found ^^

i haven't played yet but i've watched a few ppl stream it this past week :0 i didn't realize it had just came out!
i'll have to check it out, it's supposed to be free to play right?

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜ โ €โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/11 20:10:33 )
@xvz: Yeah, its 100% free. However, it's a gacha game so they will still coerce you to pay to gamble for characters lol.

Really fun game. Extremely addicting.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/11 21:28:10 )

@xaphiel: ahh i noticed a lot of game models are moving to gacha :0
i think i'm usually good abt not getting toooo caught up in gacha games, i can definitely see how they get super addicting though!
what platform do u usually play on?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/11 21:39:53 )
@xvz: Yeah, live service/gacha/loot games seem to be the future. Many being free, because they can make a fortune with other non-essential sales.

I usually play on PC like right now lol. Mainly because it has the most freedom to bounce between PC or mobile. Or I just Steam Link to access my PC from my phone. Better controls that way. If the data carries over, I will probably play mostly on my Switch when that version finally launches. Good news is, its cross-play!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 03:46:12 )

@xaphiel: yeah that's kind of the impression i'm getting too ... though maybe for better or for worse?
i can imagine as a game company it's good to find a model that is profitable and financially sustainable
but i know some people have mixed feelings abt gachas from like a player health perspective

ooh i didn't know you could do that, i haven't heard of steam link before :0

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 19:31:32 )
@xvz: It's definitely a case by case thing. If done right, it's okay. But I can see how people would find issue with the model.

Yes, Steam Link is amazinggg. It's an app that allows you to access games in your steam Library from your mobile device or whatever. And I just connect a ps4 controller to my phone haha

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/12 19:55:49 )
@xaphiel: Hiya, welcome to Voltra! I'm a bit new myself, but everyone is super nice and helpful! I'm sure you'll make some fast friends. :)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/15 03:49:49 )

@xaphiel: omg i've been playing genshin impact since we last talked!!! i just met venti and am at the cathedral w him ^^
not sure what are good characters... i def don't wanna spend any money but idk which characters to focus on leveling up :0
i haven't spent any materials leveling anyone up or upgrading weapons since idk who to invest in yet ...

woah i didn't realize u could do that :0 did you have to do anything special to set it up?
i have a mac so i think playing it on my phone will be the only option lol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 00:26:29 )
@xvz:

Nice ! You can look up a tier list if you want, it tells what characters are good. Got any from wishes yet? Venti is great, I happened to pull him with a wish early on. You can go ahead and use the experience stuff to level up though, its really the only way to actually level up after a short while lol.

No, it didn't take much to set up steam link at all. Just downloading the app on my phone. And Genshin isn't technically on Steam, but I just had to add it to my Steam library.

@Elirona: thank you ! Everyone is super nice, so I am enjoying it so far.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 01:03:08 )

@xaphiel: ooh true! it seems like a lot of the base characters aren't too high on tier lists... i just got the geo version of the main character and the shield thing is nice
it seems like amber tends to get ranked kind of low, i guess she's not as good for the later game but i think she's still super useful for adventuring cuz of her fire arrows
i'm scared to use my wishes loolll i'm worried i'll get even more sucked in >_> and i can't decide on which banners to pull from haha
venti looks great though that's so lucky! :3

ooh ok cool i'll have to check it out!! seems handy :0 good to know it's easy to set up!

โ €โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €art shopโ €·โ €galleryโ €·โ €closetโ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €buying / questing: capricorn โ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/17 01:15:45 )
@xvz: Yeah, combat-wise, Amber isn't very useful once you get another Fire user. But shes always useful for other adventuring needs. You must wishhhh lol. But just be sure to do single wishes for the most part. Outside of the first banner that offers the discounted rate of 10 wishes for 8 of the wish item thingy. But once you do that twice, I would just do single wishes for the rest. Apparently its much better than the 10 wishes at once. I pulled from Venti until I got him lol. Then I mainly focused on the one with the 5 star characters. I've gotten a lot from there. I started pulling from Ventis again whenever I got freebies for his banner. But I've already got the 3 main characters from his lol. I don't remember if I got them specifically from his banner or the other one, though..

But I really want Diluc, dammit. lolll

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.