Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Discord

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 23:44:03 )

"To be honest, I never said how I was ill." Erica countered as she leaned against the door.

"And my finances are none of your concern." She added as she took the money out of her wallet.

"We agreed it'd be a total of 100k. This should be the end of it." She added, as she passed a wad of money over to him.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 00:01:10 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The male just smirked as he accepted the wad of money, and looked at it.

"Should be." he said.

"But guess what? It isn't." he told her, as the money went up in flames.

He then looked at her, his eyes glowing an ominous red... a red that she'd seen in Azazel's eyes. In Roxies' eyes. In ALL demon's eyes.

"My dear... you have NO idea who you are in debt to." he continued, narrowing his eyes.

"Your contact ends... when I SAY it ends."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 00:07:56 )

Erica panicked internally when she saw the red, but that didn't last long before she just sighed.

".... I admit, I had my suspicions." She commented, her voice probably surprisingly calm in his opinion.

"But all right." She added. "You going to get off my property now, or no?" She was maintaining a calm exterior, but she really was panicking internally.

And planning to contact Azazel once he was gone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 00:34:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The demon took a step forward, closing the distance between them, and harshly grabbing her wrist... the one on the side of her markings.

As soon as he did, he smiled.

"I can feel it." he said.

"Your power. It's strong." he commented.

"Also... you cannot tell me what to do." he went on. "You made a contract with a demon... but you signed nothing. And in those cases... the demon decides when the contract ends." he informed her further.

"So tell me... are you going to adjust your attitude towards me?" he asked.

"...or do your markings need to get worse?" he asked her, as she felt them grow stronger in intensity.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 00:42:10 )

Erica wanted to pull her arm out of his grasp, but as she felt the intensity from the markings, he was able to see her pupils dilate from the onslaught within her own head.

As he spoke, he knew she would hear it, but couldn't properly respond, at least not at first. After a few seconds that were closer to a minute, she did manage to tear her wrist out of his grasp and step - although it was more of a stagger - backwards a few paces.

She didn't say anything before closing the door in his face. She knew that a door wouldn't stop him, but she also wasn't sure if she cared for the moment.

She just needed a break. That was a lot more than she could handle, and she knew that she'd be completely overloaded if she wasn't careful. The last thing she wanted was the mental and emotional shut down that those like her tended to experience.

"Dammit..." She growled as she leaned her back against the door, not wanting to look to see if he was still there or not.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 01:03:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...your resistance is impressive." she heard from her kitchen.

"Annoying, but impressive." the demon said, walking out of the room, having effortlessly teleported inside.

"But sorry. You are mine now." he told her.

"And you have nobody to blame but yourself." he continued.

"Oh, and that little gopher of a pet of the boss's? He can't help you." he then said, referring to Azazel. "He'll try. But there will be no info that he'll be able to find." he went on.

"And he'll run himself ragged trying." he chuckled. "Miserable little imp like him deserves it." he then growled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 01:16:20 )

Erica looked to him, a flash of panic in her gaze before it was buried. She wasn't one to show emotions, but that wasn't anything surprising. He'd probably dealt with others that were like her in the past.

"The fuck do you want with me?" She asked, impatience in her voice. She had no interest in this, and it really wasn't hard to guess.

"I paid you my dues." She continued, not touching on the Az comment. She knew that he wasn't the only demon, or even celestial, being that she knew. She hoped one of the others could help, but .... well, she had to get this asswipe away from her for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 01:35:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

In a literal blink of an eye, he was in front of her. Not even a teleport. He was just there, which spooked her for a moment.

"You listen here." he said, his tone dark and ominous.

"You don't GET to speak to me that way." he told her.

"You've paid your dues when I SAY you have!" he then demanded, anger rising in his tone.

"...I think it's high time you see JUST what you're dealing with." he commented, his tone suddenly far calmer.

"People won't be expecting to see you for a while... I think I'll make use of that." he said ominously.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 01:48:01 )

Erica didn't have the space to back up, she was already against the door. She had no idea what it was that she could do here. All she knew, was that this wasn't good, couldn't be good.

She had to get away from him, but she couldn't see a way to do so .

"You demons, never answering a simple question." she commented. Her voice wasn't quivering, but that's only because of the serious effort she was putting in.

She wasn't scared, exactly, but she was most definitely on edge. This wasn't nice, and she didn't want to know what it was that he was driving at.

Sadlyu, she didn't think she'd have a choie in the matter.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 02:07:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't have to answer your questions." he replied.

"You are nothing. A lowly maggot. And it's time you learned what I can do." he told her. "...or... rather... have a taste of what I can do." he went on.

"Before you are driven to near-madness... you'll get your answer, though." he then said.

"What do I want? Your power." he informed her.

"...we'll see if you remember that, though, after all this." he finished.

Then, before she could say anything, he took out what looked to be a business card, and it became pitch-black with his mana... before tossing it over towards her, the card landing on her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 02:14:47 )

The card got caught in her sleeve, not touching her skin. She had no idea what that was all about, since it seemed to be doing nothing after a few seconds, she reached up with her opposite hand - the one that didn't have the markings - and grabbed the card. There was a second of nothing, and that was the second she brought it down. She was about to fling it back at him, before she felt it.

Her arm, the markings upon it, throbbed.

She could feel them writhing, spreading, digging deeper within her.

She couldn't drop the card, either. She was frozen in place for the moment. As he grasped her chin, she could do nothing.

"Don't worry. You won't break." He assured her, even though he was aware that there was a decent chance she wouldn't retain that. The 'activation' of that curse of her was far too strong.

"You'll get damned close though." He added before letting go of her chin and stepping back, watching her sink to her knees. He could see the onslaught, the edge that was very quickly coming.

The markings were spreading across her as well, quickly seeming to 'devour' her face. Her face was about half covered, the eye on the covered side pure black, before he finally left her to this as he knew that it would wear off in a few days.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 02:42:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The demon then laughed as he left her.

-A few days later-

"Hey, Roxie." Azazel said to Roxie as he approached her.

"You seen Erica?" he asked.

"Or talked to her at all lately?" he asked further.

He looked... like he had been busy. He didn't look tired, but he DID look frazzled and like he'd had no time for himself as of late.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 02:45:50 )

Roxie paused before looking over to Az.

"Eh?" She asked.

"Nope. Sharp told me I was taking her appointments for the next bit because of her curse." She added. "Why? what's up?" She paused a moment, looking from him head to toe.

"And I know we don't really need sleep or anything, but you look tired, boy. Perhaps I can help ... liven you up?" She asked, a smirk to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 03:13:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel just sighed.

"Not now, Roxie." he said dismissively and almost distractedly.

"I met up with Erica a few days ago." he told her.

"Her markings were acting up." he informed her further.

"Been searching for info about it, got nothing." he lamented.

"Wanted to see if anyone's seen her around or anything."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 03:18:03 )

Roxie was silent for a moment before sighing lightly.

"I ... doubt it's anything worrisome, to be honest." She commented. "Demonic mana tends to like to .. fluctuate."

"And information on it? I have no idea where any records that couldbe of use are. If I recall correctly, the archives where that information was form the get go was destroyed the last time the celestials invaded the infernals." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 03:41:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel just sighed.

"I was afraid of that." he said.

"Guess I'll go and visit her myself." he said further.

"...I just hate that she deals with this." he mumbled.

"Those markings really mess with her." he continued.

"And it's clear she suffers because of it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 03:51:35 )

"Yup." Roxie commented.

"I'm amazed that she hasn't succumbed to them yet." She added.

"She's what? 27?" She asked. When Azazel nodded, she sighed.

"Already a decade or so past when people usually lose themselves to the curse. I've met a few of them.... I'm amazed that she's doing well still. She has emotions, this is probably a long time coming."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 04:16:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".........hm." Azazel mumbled after a pause.

"I... suppose so." he said.

"That's a frightening thought, though." he sighed.

"Just... the thought that she's 'overdue' is... horrifying." he muttered.

"I think I'm going to go see if she's doing all right. Pay her a visit."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 04:18:11 )

"You do that then." Roxie commented.

"Meanwhile, I gotta go get someone to spill some tea." She added with a smirk.

"I'll have fun with this one." With that, she headed off.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 04:44:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel watched her go, before sighing.

"...sometimes I think she enjoys this far TOO much." he said.

He then shook his head, and thought for a moment, before returning back to his home, and getting the container that had housed the brownies she'd sent him home with.

He'd not had any, as all his free time had been spent looking for information, and as a result, Cain had eaten all of them.

Once he grabbed it, he paused for a moment.

"Guess I should check first." he said.

He then got out his phone.

Hey, you doing all right? he sent to Erica's phone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.