Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Discord

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 03:15:53 )

She was silent as she looked at her reflection, staring into her own blue eyes for a moment before her gaze shifted to what she saw.

She had naught but a towel wrapped around her torso to absorb some water, and cover her. She'd just climbed out of the shower, and made sure she was home alone at the time. Her arm, which was normally covered and bound with gauze and tensor wraps, was uncovered. The skin almost pure black, with some darker streaks and such.

And the black markings on her skin seemed to be writhing as well.

That was normal though. She didn't like it, but she didn't really focus on it, before wiping the mirror - again - and turning away from it to get dressed. She was meeting a friend for coffee at a cafe he found a couple weeks back. She was always appreciative of a break from life like this, as she didn't get out much. It was largely just home and work forher, which she didn't overall have a huge issue with... but it wasn't ideal for a human. However, she knew it was the price she had to pay in order to keep herself, and those around her, safe.

She made sure her arm was completely wrapped and bound, before getting dressed, her usual sleeveless vest styled top and scarf present, of course. Once dressed, she checked the time, texted her friend and after being told that he was good to meet at any time, she replied that it'd take about twenty minutes to drive out there. When he said he'd be good with that, she made sure she had everything before leaving - making sure to lock the door on her way out.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 03:39:13 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

He looked at the texts and nodded to himself, before confirming it, and pocketing his phone. He then sighed and grabbed a ring that was on the table beside him, slipping it over one of his fingers.

He knew he needed it. He didn't dare go out without it on.

He then made his way to a mirror and checked, seeing dull red eyes and dark chocolate brown hair greeting him.

"...good." he said to himself.

He then looked around and saw that he was alone in the room.

"HEADED OUT! CATCH YA BOTH LATER!" he called out to the house, before sending texts to those that lived in the house as well, just to make sure that they knew. Once he did, he stepped out of the room, a flare of demonic fire bursting where he was standing.

In a flash, he appeared behind a dumpster in an alleyway, casually walking out of it, and into a small café, where he sat down in a booth by one of the large windows near the front of the establishment, and waited.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 03:43:14 )

It was about twenty minutes, as she'd told him it would likely take, before she walked in. She approached with a wave.

"Hey there Az." She said, but didn't take a seat.

"Do you want me to put an order in for you?" She asked. "Or have you already?" As she spoke, there was a very subtle almost ethereal quality to it. It wasn't something that someone could easily identify, but it was something that was there. It would likely just draw someone into her voice, or cause them to avoid her, entirely dependent on whether or not they liked the sound, however subtle as it was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 04:08:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man, Az, just smiled.

"Hey Erica." he responded.

He could hear the 'ethereal' quality to her voice, but paid it no heed. Heck, he rather liked it. It soothed him, oddly enough.

"And naw, I haven't ordered yet." he told her, taking a 20-dollar bill out of his pocket and handing it to her.

"Pumpkin muffin with their caramel-shot coffee." he said. "Got a hankerin'." he chuckled.

"Get whatever you want with the change." he said further. "It's on ME, tonight." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 04:51:30 )

Erica nodded.

"Back in a minute then." She said before heading off to do that. Sure enough, a few minutes later, she returned. In her hands she had the coffee he'd requested, along with the muffin for him on a place, and a number. She slid into the seat, setting everything she had on the table, and sighed lightly.

"Thank you." She said.

"I haven't been sleeping the best, so a hit of caffeine will be lovely to help me power through my late shift tonight." she added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 05:25:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Az just nodded in response, wondering what Erica had gotten to warrant the number she'd received when she'd made the order.

"That's fair." he said.

"A hit of caffeine always helps." he chuckled, before sighing.

"So.. haven't been sleeping well, huh?" he asked. "That sucks." he commented.

"I wish I could relate, but... ah... well, you know." he mumbled.

"How long?" he asked. "Like, how long haven't you been sleeping well?" he clarified. "And is there any real specific reason or reasons for your lack of good sleep?" he asked further.

"Maybe someone at the Unit can help." he suggested.

"Sharp DOES know a lot of good people."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 05:40:58 )

Erica just sighed.

"That's just it, I'm not sure." She admitted.

"it's been... a few days, at least? I don't know. My days are starting to blend a bit, if I'm being honest." She added with another sigh. This breath had weight to it though, it wasn't something she was keen on, and it wasn't hard to tell.

"I have no idea why I'm not sleeping, either. Everything seems fine, my mood is... well... about as it usually is, and there's been no lifeshaking moments or anything." She continued.

"So I have no idea. I do plan on going to get checked by someone in the next bit though, if this doesn't clear up."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 05:59:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Fair enough." Az responded. "No sense in panicking about this. Could just be a little bout of insomnia." he reasoned with a small shrug, taking a drink of his coffee and smiling.

"Mmm, sweet." he mumbled.

"Anyway, what'd YOU get?" he asked.

"I can see they gave you a number, meaning they gotta do it up before bringing it here, but... what'd y'order?" he asked her.

"Because this place has a lot of good stuff." he reasoned.

"Well... their menu is small, but everything on it tastes so damn good." he then clarified with a small laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 06:04:45 )

"Iced cappuccino because I'm weak and I can't get enough of theirs, along with a wrap since I haven't eaten today." Erica answered honestly.

"Ah, right." She added before snapping her fingers and grabbing some change from a pocket.

"Here." She added.

"Since the money was originally yours, where's what is left." She commented as she passed it over.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 06:25:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Az just chuckled again and accepted the change.

"Thanks." he said.

"And fair enough, their iced-capps and wraps really ARE amazing here." he told her.

"I can't believe this place is as 'hole-in-the-wall' as it is." he then commented. "Seriously, it has amazing food and drink, cozy atmosphere, and the ambient music they play is great." he listed off.

"...I'm torn." he sighed.

"I want this place to become more known so they can flourish and thrive... but I like the quietness of it." he said. "If it gets TOO popular, it becomes overrun and... ugh." he grunted.

"I'm conflicted." he reiterated.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 06:29:03 )

"If it gets too popular, I'd stop coming, if I'm being honest." Erica commented as what she'd ordered was brought over. As she thanked them and they left, she just sighed.

"You know I don't do well with crowds with my arm." She added

"So personally? I'd like this place to stay quiet. We bring it a good amount of business anyway." she added with a laugh before munching on the pickle that came with the wrap.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 06:50:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Heh, fair enough." Az responded.

"I can understand that." he said, eating some of the muffin he had.

He then sighed quietly and looked out the window.

"Hey, Erica?" he said.

"This is nice." he told her. "I enjoy our little rendezvous...ses." he mumbled, thinking about it.

"You know what I mean." he muttered.

"I like meeting up with you and just chatting."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 06:52:31 )

Erica paused, looking to her companion.

"... that's oddly sentimental for a demon." she commented

"Certainly can't say I oppose though." She continued a few seconds later.

"you're one of the only people who give me true time of day like this, and I feel like it's the one thing that keeps me sane. So from everything I have, thank you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 07:18:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Az just smiled again.

"Well... the theory is that something screwed up when I was created." he told her. "Like... something just... I dunno, I was made differently. I can't say why." he shrugged.

"But yes, I AM far more sentimental than your average demon. Even among neutral or 'good' ones." he admitted.

"And I'm glad I can help you." he went on.

"Oh, and there's no need to thank me." he then assured her.

"Just keep alternating who treats who, and we'll be square." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 07:24:46 )

"Oh, of course." erica said with a chuckle, before sighing internally.

... might be a bit thouh. she thought, knowing that she was a bit strapped for cash lately.

"Anyway! Is there anything you want to talk about while we're here?" She asked after a moment or two before taking a bite of her wrap.

"Because therey usually is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 07:51:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Az just shrugged.

"Eh, nothing TOO specific." he admitted.

"...." he was then silent, before sighing.

"Okay, I wanted to ask you something." he said.

"I know your birthday's a little ways off, but... want do you want for it?" he asked.

"I want time to make sure it's juuuust right." he told her further.

"Can you throw me some bones?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 13:20:32 )

Erica paused.

"You know I don't care about you getting me gifts for things as frivolous as a birthday." She commented before sighing.

"But I also know you won't listen to that." She added before trying to think of something.

"A new keyboard would be nice." She then said after a few seconds. "Mine has ... seen better days. I use it too much, some might argue." She added.

"Or some new books. I think I've burned through close to all that I currently own."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 20:51:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Az just rolled his eyes.

"See, you and I have different opinions on that." he said. 'You say a birthday is frivolous and such, but... sometimes I really wish I had one." he told her. "Just... I don't know, some measure of how old one is. A day to show you've survived yet another year in this crazy world." he went on.

"...a day where you can feel special." he added with a small smile.

"But... well, I was never 'born'." he shrugged. "Aedan... well, she HAS a birthday... and... a deathday... and... a rebirthday..." he then mumbled. "Yeah, that's a bit odd." he muttered further.

"And Cain technically doesn't have one, but we like to celebrate when his demonic mana kickstarted his body and had him up and running." he then admitted.

"Regardless! Books or a new keyboard, huh?" he asked.

"Good to know." he said.

"You still into that one author's books? The mystery-thriller-murder writer?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 20:56:38 )

".... So pick a day. If you remember it, use the day that you came to the surface." Erica commented with a shrug.

"And yes. I am." She added.

"I only have about 8 books left until I have that entire series." She continued with a chuckle.

"I've got 52 of 60 books.I think.... somewhere in that ballpark. Want the list of what I still need?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 21:20:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Az thought for a moment, before nodding.

"Firstly, the day I came to the surface, huh?" he muttered. "That COULD work..." he admitted. "I mean, it's the day I became a part of this realm... well... on a more permanent basis." he reasoned.

"That's sort of like a birth." he mumbled further.

"And yes, a list would be great." he told her.

"Duplicates would be... well, annoying." he said.

"Hardcover or paperback?" he then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.