Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Cursed Love

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 08:04:21 )

Racquel just sighed, heavily.

"... It's not easy to stay out of her path." She commented.

"Especially since we're in Italy.... somewhere she happens to like to frequent." She added, some despondence to her voice.

"You're welcome to stay here. So long as you're willing to help to build an extra part for the house, of course." She continued.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 08:25:14 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Julien just shrugged.

"Well, whatever happens... happens." he said.

"I'll deal with whatever comes my way. I've had to do it for all my life, so... no sense being scared NOW." he reasoned.

"And of course I'll help." he told her. "I don't want to be an imposition or anything, so I'll do whatever I can to help earn my keep here." he assured her further with a small smile.

"And thank you." he then said further.

"This will be the first time in... since I can remember... that I'll have a proper roof over my head."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 12:04:56 )

"We will go collect some lumber for it tomorrow." Racquel stated.

"For now..." she trailed off, thinking about something for a moment.

"He can use my room." Demitra piped up.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Quite. I probably won't sleep tonight anyhow."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 21:49:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Julien looked over towards Demitra, and opened his mouth to protest, before sighing.

"Either that, or you'll sleep like the dead." he commented, freezing up for a second. "In... a metaphorical sense." he quickly clarified. "I managed to get rid of most of the venom, but there's still a little in there, and it'll really make you tired and queasy." he warned Demitra.

"...on that note, you really should see a medic as soon as possible." he told her. "You're in no danger of dying, and there's little enough venom in your system that you should counter and expel it on your own in time... but it's not pleasant, and the sooner a proper medic can treat you for the remainder of it, the better." he then reasoned further.

"That being said, if you are absolutely sure about using your room, I know better than to argue with such generosity." he added with a small smile.

"Oh, yes." he then said, looking at Racquel.

"Do you have someplace, even temporarily, where I can put my supplies?" he asked her, gesturing to the cloth bag he'd brought with him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 22:14:35 )

"My room." Demi stated simply.

"And no arguments." She added.

"Also, Mom? I'm heading to Lux." She aded.

"Best medic that we know is there, so it makes sense." Racquel commented.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:42:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Julien looked at Demitra, sighed quietly, and then smiled.

"No arguments, then." he said.

He then looked between the two women, and nodded.

"Well, the best medic you know would be the best choice." he chuckled.

"Regardless, thank you for bringing me here, Demitra, and offering your room." he said to Demitra, before looking to Racquel.

"And thank YOU for welcoming me into your home." he told her.

"It means more to me than... well, than it would for most other people." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:48:22 )

"And with that," Demitra started. "I am going to go check in there. Need to cash in on my bounty anyhow."

"You go do that. Do let me know if something happens." Racquel then said. "All right? Even if you have to get Ashley to contact me." Demitra just smiled, nodded, and grabbed her rapier.

"Don't worry, I will." Was the last thing she said before vanishing in a burst of surprisingly dark flames. Oddly enough, with no heat.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 00:02:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Julien was silent as he witnessed the teleport, say the dark flames... but didn't feel any heat from them. Not even the slightest change in temperature, as he was relatively close to her, physically speaking.

"....hm." he mumbled.

"Odd. Didn't feel any heat from that." he muttered further.

"Anyway, yes. I am part of THE Wolfe clan... or family... or whatever you call it." he then said to Racquel.

"And... well... it's why I was living in that abandoned part of town, as I said earlier." he continued.

"....have you had any run-ins with those prior to me?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 00:09:54 )

Racquel sighed lightly as she watched her daugther leave.

".... Wonder if she's noticed..." she muttered before looking to Julien.

"And yes, I have." She answered honestly.

"Really didn't go well. They refused to accept that I wasn't my sister."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 00:26:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Julien just sighed heavily.

"My deepest apologies." he said.

"I know that those that came before me were... well... not very nice, to understate it." he told her. "I'm pretty sure decades of being persecuted for their mana did it to them... as well as some of them just being generally nasty people." he went on.

"I promise I'm not like, that, though." he then assured her.

"...but all you have is my word." he continued.

"Still. Thank you so much for trusting me." he said further, before pausing.

"And... not feeling any heat... that wasn't just me?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 00:31:28 )

"I could say the same to you." Racquel commented.

"Despite knowing you're under the same roof as Fyrane's, you're not running in fear of the rune." She continued before sighing.

"However, mine has been locked away for personal reasons, and I'm reasonably certain Demitra cannot create." She paused here, meeting his gaze.

"And you are right. There was no heat to that. I have my suspicion for why, but I don't know yet, don't think I can know. I do think it's because of her fathers mana contribution though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 00:56:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Her father...?" Julien asked.

"...I hadn't even considered that." he said. "But that just raises more questions, to be honest." he told her.

"Who could be able to have such a thing happen?" he asked. "For her to be losing her heat... it's surely the work of very strong mana." he went on. "But that makes no sense." he continued.

"Fyrane mana is some of the most potent in the world." he commented.

"...what could possibly be a match for it...?" he wondered aloud, before shaking his head.

"Sorry, I tend to think aloud a lot." he apologised.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 00:58:33 )

Racquel just smirked slightly before chucklin.

"Simple." She stated.

"There's one family that is known to have stronger mana than we Fyrane's do." She continued before pausing, a finger at her chin as she looked upwards, thinking.

"But there's no way such a nomadic man from such a prestigious family would dare to associate with me, a mere Fyrane, right?" She asked, her tone not serious and rather sarcastic.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 01:11:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Julien was silent as Racquel said what she did.

The gears started to turn in his mind, and Racquel was able to see it.

"...nomadic..." he mumbled.

"...prestigious family..." he muttered further, before his eyes widened.

"It... it can't be..." he said.

"Remmington!?" he exclaimed.

"Vincent Remmington!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 01:13:55 )

Racquel just laughed at his outburts.

"The one and the same." She confirmed with a nod.

"I haven't seen him in years, mind. Demi and I had to move a few years back due to people finding us, and raiding our home." She continued with a sigh, as she took a seat at the table with him.

"He probably thinks we're dead, if I'm being honest." It wasn't hard to tell that she was appreciative of just having one person to talk to, aside from her daughter, and one that could relate on several levels.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 01:35:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Julien was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"That... might explain something." he said.

"I've had an... encounter... with Vincent Remmington." he told her. "It was a long time ago, but a mob had cornered me, and I was injured, and there were too many for me to use my mana to try and escape or incapacitate them." he continued. "They were moving in for the kill, when suddenly a large windstorm whipped up. It carried them all into the air, except for me, and when they fell, they were all rendered unconscious." he went on.

"When I looked around, I saw a man standing there, the wind mana briefly swirling around his extended hand." he continued. "...I asked him if he'd done that, and he nodded, saying I should take this time to get away." he told her.

"I thanked him, and asked who he was, as I wasn't so well-versed in the who's-who of the mage world back then." he then explained. "He merely said he was a friendly traveler, and took his leave, a smile on his face." he said.

"...but looking back, there was a definite sadness to his expression. Almost as though he were wracked with guilt over... something." he then revealed.

"Maybe you and Demitra going missing was a part of it." he suggested.

He didn't mean to hijack the conversation, but he could sense that Racquel was grateful to have someone to talk to, and thought that perhaps regaling her of his encounter with Vincent might help her in some way.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 01:42:26 )

"Sounds like Vincent." Racquel commented with a sigh.

"I do wonder how he's doing now, though." She then said. "But I don't know how one is to track down a nomad." She added.

"I really wish he had settled down somewhere, but knowing him he hasn't yet." She lamented.

"I do know that he was, is? trying to hunt out my sister to stop her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 02:02:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Julien shook his head.

"I cam't tell you." he said. "Nomads by nature are nigh-impossible to track down." he muttered.

"And... he intends to stop Rowena?" he asked.

"He's powerful, yes, but I wish him nothing less than the best of luck." he commented. "From what I've heard, Rowena is growing stronger and stronger with each passing day." he said.

"Some say she gets stronger with every soul she traps." he continued.

"...personally, I think that's exaggeration to foster even MORE fear of her." he then growled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 02:04:37 )

Racquel just sighed.

".... it isn't." She told him honestly.

"we do get stronger with more souls, especially if they are mages." She continued, a heavy tone to her voice.

"Because their mana mixes with our own."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 02:24:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Julien was silent as he heard this.

"Then I wish Vincent even MORE luck." he said.

"Because chances are... she's frighteningly powerful now." he commented.

He then sighed, and shook his head.

"But he did seem quite capable, to massively understate it." he then said.

"Perhaps all we need is some faith in him."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.