Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Cursed Love

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 03:41:58 )

Demitra nodded as Julien grabbed her hand.

She didn't say anything more before there was silence around them, followed by some rather extreme heat. By the time he was believing that he himself was on fire, it faded.

When he looked around, he saw that there was a lot fo trees.

"we're in the middle fo a forest." She told him honestly before starting off in what seemed to be an arbitrary direction.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 04:00:31 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Julien looked around briefly, before noticing that Demitra was heading off.

"I can see that." he told her, quickly following.

"A thick one, too." he went on.

"Seriously, I can tell that these trees were allowed to grow unhindered, without any intervention from anyone." he commented further. "...I like it. It's peaceful and serene here." he said.

"...and you sure your mother will be okay with my suddenly being with you?" he asked.

"From what I've heard, Fyranes can be... well, twitchy, when it comes to strangers suddenly coming into their lives."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 04:03:41 )

Demitra just sighed.

"My Mom is not Rowena Fyrane." She stated simply, honestly.

"I am, quite simply put, Rowena's neice." She continued. "And my Mother is not as twitchy as her sister."

"Please, don't worry about it."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 04:21:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I did not mean to insult or insinuate anything." Julien replied.

"My apologies." he said.

"I know very little about the Fyrane line, other than what Rowena Fyrane has put forth, in terms of image and reputation." he continued.

"If your mother isn't nervous about strangers, then so be it." he went on.

"I look forward to meeting her." he smiled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 04:24:54 )

"If anything, she's going to love seeing a fresh face that doesn't want to kill her." Demitra admitted.

"It's... quite lonely out here in the woods, if I'm being honest." She continued.

"I'm lucky, I don't really look like a Fyrane, but most people recognise the mana."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 04:43:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Sadly, mana is the ultimate identifier." Julien responded.

"It can never truly be hidden away." he lamented. "We can change our looks all we want, but we can't change our mana." he said further, before thinking about that statement.

"Well... it CAN change over time, but not to a point where it is unrecognisable from what it once was." he clarified.

"...and happy to see me, huh?" he asked.

"That will be a nice change." he told her.

"I assume you and your mother are the only ones that live around here, and very few, if any, know about it?" he then inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 04:55:00 )

"Pretty much." Demitra answered with a nod.

---

About twenty minutes later, there was a rather nice cottage style house that came into view.

"Sorry about the distance." She said. "We wanted something nice and deep in the forest." She added as she approached the door and made her way in, holding the door open for Julien to follow.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 05:26:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's all right." Julien replied.

"I can understand wanting somewhere secluded and private." he told her. "Especially when you're surrounded by all this beautiful nature." he went on, as he stepped inside.

When he did, and looked around, what he saw was... well, it was nice, it was cozy, and it was modest, without being homely.

If anything, it was homey. This felt like a home. A real home.

"...wow." he said.

"I can sense the comfort and warmth in this place." he told her.

"This already feels like a safe and inviting home, for those truly welcome here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 05:32:19 )

Demitra just chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, we try." She said simply.

"Are you hungry?" She asked after a moment or two.

"I'm sure there is some of last nights dinner left, usually is." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 05:53:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...yes." Julien replied.

"Quite." he told her.

"Eating is... well, I don't starve." he said. "There was always SOME animal that I could catch and kill and eat." he explained. "However, I needed to be very careful. Eating something that was rabid was not good. And the garbage feeders were something I always avoided. Garbage in, garbage out." he went on, muttering the last part.

"So... yes, some proper homemade food would be a delight for my stomach, and probably my spirit and soul." he reasoned, being candid with her.

"At this point, I don't even care what it could be." he admitted.

"Eating a proper meal is... well, you didn't say much about what it might be, but you've sold me on it." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 06:00:56 )

Demitra just laughed lightly.

"All right then." She said simply.

About ten minutes later, while Demitra was off getting him some food, someone else came in the front door.

"Demi!?" A new voice called in before the door closed.

"Kitchen!" Was Demitra's answer.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 06:22:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Julien froze when he heard the new voice, but it was purely instinctual.

Demitra had told him that the woman she lived with, her mother, would be fine with him. That she wasn't like her sister, and that she would love that he was there. But he was still scared. Partially because of the Fyrane stigma that Rowena had perpetuated, but mostly because... he was used to people reacting poorly when they met him or saw him. There was no getting around it. He had grown up with that, so he had to fight his instinct to run or hide right there and then.

He took a few breaths, and calmed himself down.

"Calm down, Julien. Trust Demitra." he told himself quietly.

He had been directed to a table at the other end of the kitchen where she would serve him the food, and he wondered if he should stand up to meet the woman? Would that be too threatening? Would it be disrespectful to keep sitting?

He then just sighed heavily, and decided to remain seated, deciding to stand up when the woman was close enough to him for a more proper and formal introduction.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 06:30:52 )

Sure enough, a minute or two later someone else walked in. Her hair was short, the corset was tight, and she wasn' wearing a skirt.

"....." She was silent as she saw Julien.

"All right, before anything else comes up - Who are you?" She asked.

"His name is Julien." Demitra answered from where she was.

"He saved my life, so I'm giving him a meal." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 06:51:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Immediately, Julien was hit with how this woman was quite striking. She seemed like someone that one could very easily fall for at the first sight of her. However, he kept himself neutral and calm, and cleared his throat a litte.

"Indeed." he said, rising to his feet.

"Julien Lewis Wolfe." he introduced himself to her, giving a small and respectful bow.

"And... well... yes. Not to blow my own whistle or anything, but she is not exaggerating." he confirmed.

"I happened upon her in a vulnerable situation, and did what I could to make sure she didn't die a... rather painful and slow death." he continued.

"To be utterly blunt about it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 06:57:26 )

The woman didn't say anything, and Demitra just sighed.

"The damned thing I was after was a basilisk tiger." She told her mother honestly.

"... what?" She asked.

"Dani sent you out on THAT?" She asked incredulsouly, and rather pissed.

"I'm going to have to have a talk with Ashley." Her voice was darker than one might expect.

"What? no! Mom, the actuan Bounty was listed incorrectly!" Demi countered.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 07:21:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ma'am, if I may?" Julien interjected.

"The bounty was, in fact, listed incorrectly." he told her. "Demitra told me she went in expecting a Spider Tiger, which is... still a threat, but significantly less threatening." he went on.

"However, the two are VERY similar in appearance, and the only way one can truly tell is by looking directly at its eyes, or seeing how they handle their victims and/or kills." he explained.

"I'm guessing the one that placed the bounty hadn't seen any victims, and merely went on looks alone." he continued.

"And, to be far, there ARE about 3 times as many Spider Tigers in the world as there are Basilisk Tigers. Plus, they're more common in the area Demitra was in as well." he explained further.

"It's an understandable error. I'm not saying it's not a grievous one, mind, but this isn't as stupid as one may think."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 07:23:27 )

She was siolent.

"Still going to be bringing this up." She stated simply.

"As that is quite an oversight."

"You do that." Demitra commented.

"Now..." The older woman started, looking toward Julien.

"You're a Wolfe, huh."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 07:41:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Julien bit his lip slightly when the woman spoke to him about his last name.

"...yes." he said. "I am." he told her.

"And it's probably the same line you're thinking of." he continued.

"It's how I saved Demitra's life." he then said.

"The venom was in her system, and was almost finished with its work, but I managed to find her in time and get her back to where I was staying." he explained. "And then I proceeded to... well...." he mumbled, trailing off some.

"...separate her blood from the venom, extract the venom, and replace her blood." he finished.

This confirmed who he was, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 07:45:34 )

"Racquel Fyrane." The woman stated simply and plainly.

"I'm sure you've heard of my sister, Rowena." She continued.

"I know how it is, you won't find that here." She then said before pausing.

".... Unless you give me reason to." She added,m her tone dark.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 08:00:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Madam, I assure you I mean no harm to you, your daughter, or anyone else." Julien responded.

"I mean no harm to anyone." he went on. "Yet they mean hard to me." he lamented with a sigh. "It's why I was living in that part of the town that the Basilisk Tiger had claimed as its territory." he explained.

"Everyone was avoiding the area, so I moved in and was able to keep myself safe from the beast by causing it to seize up whenever it tried to attack me." he explained to her further.

"But since it's now dead, everyone will come flooding back. Demitra took it upon herself to offer sanctuary here, and quite frankly... it sounded far better than roaming the wilds, trying to avoid being seen or detected, and then hunted down." he told her.

"And I HAVE heard of your sister." he continued.

"...did everything I could to stay as far away from her path as possible, I admit." he added candidly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.