Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Cursed Love

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 03:25:28 )

She dodged the incoming attack without much difficulty. However, when she straightened up to look at it again, to continue with her survival and attempt to kill her target. When she turned to look though, she was met with a claw to the face. She was thrown to the side, colliding with a building shockingly hard. Some dust and the like fell around her, and she found herself quite happy to be in a dead part of the city. No one would notice any of this, which was good. The last thing that she needed was questions.

As she got to her feet, her movements a little janky from that impact. She hurt, and her head was spinning, but she shoved that aside. Her target that glared at her, growling.

"I've been tasked to kill you. Don't kid yourself, I will win." She stated simply, meeting its gaze, determination in every part of her, along with possibly some cockiness.

Sure enough, an hour later, she was standing above the twitching form she'd been aiming to deal with, before whipping her sword to the side, the blood snapping off of it.

"You should have made this easier." she muttered before pausing, bringing a hand up to her head.

"Oh.... oh fuck." She muttered as she staggered a couple paces back, her blade dropping from her hand. She didn't know what it was that she was supposed to do here, but she did know she was in a bit of a pickle.

She carefully pulled a piece of quartz out of her pocket, about to use her mana to contact her cousin... however, that didn't happen.

She dropped, the quartz dropping as well, both hitting the rocky ground below.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 03:58:07 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

She had no idea how long she had been laying there for, but one thing was for certain; she was losing consciousness, and things were starting to go fuzzy for her, in terms of her vision.

That's when she heard footsteps... that were seemingly coming straight for her.

"...good heavens!" a male voice exclaimed, before the footsteps quickened. After a few seconds, she was suddenly rolled onto her back, and she saw the outline of a person with light hair... wasn't sure what colour it was, but maybe it was brown. Then again, her colour perception was messed up now as well.

"...I see." he mumbled.

"Hang on." he told her.

"You have precious little time, but I'm going to save you!" he continued.

"Can you hear me?" he asked. "Give me some sort of sign you still have some lucidity."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 04:12:29 )

She was completely silent for a moment, before trying to do something, anything. It wasn't easy, but as he grabbed her hand to try and give her a chance to respond in some way, and repeated his question, she barely managed to grasp his hand, tightening the grip of her own. She could barely see him, her vision was blurry, dark, and seemed to be inverted possibly, but she was able to identify at least that it was a male, and that he looked possibly relieved.

"Thank God, it's not too late!" he exclaimed, although she barely heard him. She could pick up on the surprise and relief in his voice, but that was about it. The sounds of her heart pounding in her ears was too loud to hear much else.

She was still conscious though, even if just barely.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 04:41:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She saw the figure look around, before they were engulfed in... some kind of mana. She couldn't tell what, but it had engulfed them, and when the mana had dissipated, she had a vague sense of being inside.

And she was on a far softer surface than the ground from earlier.

"...I apologise." the male then said.

"This is going to hurt. A lot." he told her. "But it's necessary for your survival. Please. Just trust me." he pleaded.

Then, before she could rightly even TRY to respond, she felt pain. Immense pain.

It almost felt like her blood was starting to flow BACKWARDS, if she were to describe it, and then it became very difficult to deal with.

She'd had experiences with pain in the past, but not like this.

"Scream if you feel you must." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 04:48:57 )

Were she not sure of being an inch from dead, she probably would have screamed.

She couldn't muster up the strength that would be required for such an act. However, she did tense up as it was happening, even if it wasn't to ane xtreme degree.

Somehow, she managed to stay conscious until he was done. Barely, though.

It took about half an hour, and it was a half of an hour of pure and unadulterated hell.

When he finished, she was awake, and alive. She was barely awake, the pain very nearly knocked her out, but she really wasn't one to give in to something like that.... even if it was the worst that she'd ever felt before.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 05:09:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her vision, while still fuzzy, seemed to be clearing up. The man approached her, and set a bottle down beside her, on the small stool there.

"When you feel strong enough, drink this." he told her.

"I'll be right back." he said.

Then, before she could say anything, he disappeared in a bubble of red mana before her eyes.

As her vision came back to her, she could see she was probably still in the dead part of town... and in one of the abandoned buildings, most likely. It looked modest and shabby, but there was one thing that was alarming.

The blood.

Blood stains were EVERYWHERE. On the furniture, the walls, the floor... and some of them were NOT small, in the slightest.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 05:21:26 )

She was silent before carefully getting to her fet and stretching. She was a bit unsteady, but it wasn't too surprising overall.

She took a seat where she'd been again before sighing lightly and grabbing the bottle. She paused, taking a look at it before sighing, again. He'd just saved her life, after all.

But what the hell was that mana? She knew she'd just have to wait for him to return before she could ask. Until then, she'd sit there and just try and get her head back together properly. Things weren't entirely .... well, connected, so to speak.

What she did know was that she still hurt like hell, however, she at least was alive and not dead. So that was definitely something.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 05:50:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she looked around, she saw a glass container on a desk on the other side of the room. It was jar-like, and inside was a strange fluid. It was almost completely colourless, but she swore she saw a light tinge of green to the translucent fluid.

About 30 seconds later, the man appeared in the room again, the quartz she had dropped earlier in his hand.

He approached her and set it down close to her.

"Had to go and get that." he told her. "After all, don't want anyone to abscond with it." he reasoned.

"Anyway, how are you?" he asked.

"Feeling better than before, I'm guessing, due to you actually sitting up now.

[b]Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 05:53:50 )

"Ah, thank you." She responded in reference to the quartz before sighing.

"And yes. Yes I do." She answered.

"The fact that I'm alive at all is quite an acehivement." She added.

"Thank you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 06:18:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Good." the man replied.

"You'll need to take it easy for another day or so." he then told her. "The Basilisk Tiger... well, its venom is... nasty." he muttered. "It wouldn't have been long before your entire body seized up and you just died from full complete paralysis and shutdown." he said further.

"Thankfully I managed to extract most of the venom from your system, but there's still a small amount left inside you." he warned.

"You'll probably feel stiff and queasy unless you get proper medical attention." he continued.

"But you should be good to teleport, or be teleported, within a half-hour or so." he added.

"...also, why WERE you fighting that monstrous beast?" he asked her.

"Nobody's been foolish enough to attempt to take it down, let alone succeed." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 06:22:42 )

She just sighed, heavily.

"I wasn't told that's what it was." She told him honestly.

"I was told that it was a Spider Tiger." She continued. "Which, yes, has rather harsh venom... but not.... that bad."

"Which is fun." She muttered.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 06:43:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, that info was wrong." he replied.

"But... you managed it, anyway. Which is a feat in and of itself." he told her.

"Regardless, with that thing dead, odds are more people might start coming back to this area of the city once more." he continued. "Because it was nesting so close, everyone abandoned this sector." he went on.

"Was good for ME, anyway. Meant I could live here." he reasoned with a shrug.

"Anyway, I'm glad you're okay." he continued.

"...and please excuse the mess." he then commented. "Blood just... gets everywhere, and it's so hard to clean up and stop from staining, I just gave up a long time ago." he laughed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 06:49:35 )

She was silent before looking around.

"...." She was completely silent as she did so.

"Right." She said after a few seconds.

"All right, explain the blood." She stated simply. There was... something to her voice, a warning tone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 07:21:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." the man was now... disconcertingly silent for a moment.

"...it's blood." he told her.

"From various places. Mostly animals." he continued.

"That's all." he went on.

"I defend myself when the time comes." he told her further.

"........" again, he was silent, before sighing.

"That's not going to satiate your curiosity, is it?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 07:25:39 )

She just crossed her arms, meeting his gaze.

"Not a chance." She she said simply.

"Defend yourself from what?" she asked.

"And why is your mana red?" Followed.

"You're not fire. From what I can tell, you're water. Yet the water was red."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 07:40:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...damn it all." he growled.

"Fine." he said.

"I can be long-gone before you're capable of stopping me anyway." he mumbled in a VERY ominous statement. He then walked over to a part of the room where there seemed to be a loose and rotted part of the ceiling. He narrowed his eyes and looked up for a moment, before thumping it with a pole. Hard.

Once he did, a hole formed in the ceiling, and what looked to be a rabid sabre-toothed marsupial about the size of a raccoon fell down. It hissed at him and Demi, ready to attack, before the man extending his hand. Once he did, the creature froze, and collapsed to the floor, silent and still. After that, he moved his fingers slightly, and blood started to ooze out from the creature's mouth... literally rising up into the air.

"The things are pests, anyway. Nobody'll miss this little troublemaker."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 07:44:04 )

She was completely silent for a few seconds, watching what he showed, before meeting his gaze.

"I heard your comment about this place being empty, meaning you could stay here." She said, seeming to jump topics a bit.

".... People don't like you, do they?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 08:00:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man just sighed as he looked at her, before letting the blood fall down into the creature's face in a small splatter.

"No." he said.

"They don't." he told her.

"It's why I was living here." he went on. "Nobody came here because of that tiger, and I knew how to make it stop in its tracks without killing it. Stopped it from attacking ME, and kept others away." he explained.

"Was a nice arrangement." he told her further.

"But, now that it's dead, people will start coming back here, so I should scram." he reasoned.

"Otherwise bad stuff's going to start happening. Again."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 08:05:39 )

".... I'd ask what kind of bad stuff, but I think I can guess." She said with a heavy sigh.

"They wouldn't be nice and chase you out of town. Probably want to string you up, strip you of your mana, and--" She continued, going into some pretty dark detail about some things that could very well happen. Her tone implied that she expected it had happened to him in the past.

And... what was that to her voice and behind her expression.... had she honestly witnessed something like that before?

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 08:23:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was frozen for a moment, almost stunned.

"I... uh..." he stammered.

"Uh, well..." he mumbled.

"Well... yeah, actually." he said. "Yeah, a lot of those HAVE happened to me... or people attempted it." he confirmed. "I always manage to escape, though. Leaving a trail of blood in my wake." he lamented.

"Everyone thinks or assumes I'm some cruel murderer or torturer... but all my killing's been done in self-defense." he admitted.

"How... did you know?" he asked.

"You speak as though you've been through such horrors." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.